X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caspian To Follow Narnia

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=34073

The success of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is spurring plans for a sequel based on the next title in C.S. Lewis' epic book series, Variety reported. More ...
    sigpic

Well this is welcome news. I liked the first one, the second should be just as good.

Comment

v They should do the magicians nephew first to expl;ain the professors story.
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

the books weren't released in that order though. Prince Caspian comes next! I can't wait really because it's goign to have a lot of battles in it!!

Comment

Prince Caspian will be cool... I hope the do the house and a boy, but thye may need to wait til after the Last Battle
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I've been reading The Horse and His Boy and I said to myself... I need to hear someone's voice coming out of the Horse, Bree... so I thought who could be Bree's voice in the movie... Richard Dean Anderson!! For some reason I think it'd be perfect! Bree is sarcastic! RDA would be perfect! haha And it'd be awesome too! I bet Wylie would love her Dad to be in Narnia!

Comment

Originally posted by Erin
              the books weren't released in that order though. Prince Caspian comes next! I can't wait really because it's goign to have a lot of battles in it!!
              But release order doesn't matter. Horse and his boy is the next movie in, tho I agree that it's maybe a little slow and dry for a sequel.
              However, I do think they should do the Magicians Nephew soon, maybe the next movie.
              The chronological order is more important to me, because then the story makes sense. No one wants to see the Magicians Nephew AFTER The Last Battle.

Comment

As far as I know, they're supposed to be making the Narnia movies in order of their publication, rather than the chronological order. Meaning:

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (1950)
                Prince Caspian (1951)
                The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (1952)
                The Silver Chair (1953)
                The Horse and His Boy (1954)
                The Magicians Nephew(1955)
                The Last Battle (1956)

FYI, chronological order:

1. The Magicians Nephew
                2. The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
                3. The Horse and His Boy
                4. Prince Caspian
                5. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
                6. The Silver Chair
                7. The Last Battle
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                  As far as I know, they're supposed to be making the Narnia movies in order of their publication, rather than the chronological order. Meaning:

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (1950)
                  Prince Caspian (1951)
                  The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (1952)
                  The Silver Chair (1953)
                  The Horse and His Boy (1954)
                  The Magicians Nephew(1955)
                  The Last Battle (1956)

FYI, chronological order:

1. The Magicians Nephew
                  2. The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
                  3. The Horse and His Boy
                  4. Prince Caspian
                  5. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
                  6. The Silver Chair
                  7. The Last Battle
                  WEll that just seems nuts.
                  Do you know why they would do it that way??

Comment

One reason for doing it that way is to get the actors while they're still young enough to play kids. For example, the Harry Potter films. It was way more noticeable in the latest one that the actors are older than the characters; none of them looked 14. TPTB may have decided that in order to catch the child actors while they still look like kids, they need to do the movies in the order that will flow best with the ageing process. After all, each book later in the series (not counting Horse/Boy and Magic/Nephew) has at least one character that showed up in the previous book, so a sudden jump in age will show, especially since there isn't supposed to be much time between books, roughly a year. And kids grow fast. It is annoying, but I suspect the age thing is a big concern, and Magic/Nephew has no carry over characters, and I bet that Horse/Boy won't be useing the kid actors to do the adult Susan, Ed, and Lucy, but new ones.
                    Plus it's almost one continuous story; from the 4 original, to Ed, Lucy and Eustance, to Eustance and Jill, ect. The others bring in more new characters. They might think that it will sell better to the general public if there is some continuity and repeated characters. They want to bring in new fans who haven't read the books and don't really care about the order or the background story.
                    Malaka
                    {Muse in Training}

Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
                    Do not go gentle into that good night,
                    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
                      WEll that just seems nuts.
                      Do you know why they would do it that way??

Well, that was the order that C.S. Lewis wrote them in. It was the choice of the publisher (not Lewis) to re-order the books chronologically rather than publish in the order that they were written. A huge chunk of the Narnia fandom--including those who read them as they were being published--grew up on the books in the first of the two orders and see it as the best way in which to experience Narnia.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Excellent news w00t
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Ultimately, I expect that neither The Last Battle nor The Horse and His Boy will make it to film, unless HaHB is told as a B-plot during one of the other films somehow or is on a DVD release as supplementary material.

Comment

I really need to go back and re-read these books.

Comment

Originally posted by Nienna
                              One reason for doing it that way is to get the actors while they're still young enough to play kids. For example, the Harry Potter films. It was way more noticeable in the latest one that the actors are older than the characters; none of them looked 14. TPTB may have decided that in order to catch the child actors while they still look like kids, they need to do the movies in the order that will flow best with the ageing process.
                              I thought they looked close enough. Nowadays with the magic of movies, they can make 26 year olds into high schoolers.

Comment

Working...
                              X