This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ammuntion not a problem!

Alright, in the SG-1 premiere the asgard were shown to clearly have the means to replicate designs of the weapon that jack constructed in the computer. So, if we're talking Ancients here, isnt it VERY likely that the city would have such "replicators" (ah! startrek, lol). So, why would it be such a stretch to have an unlimited source of ammuntion, food(possibly), and the such, open to the people in the city. The ancients and the asgard were part of the alliance, so it makes sence they would share certain ideas about tech, including energy->matter replicators.

I don't think any in the alliance of the four races shared much tech.
    Plus if they had replicators in Atlantis, it would be too easy.

*Edit
    I think the alliance was made based on their shared ideals.
    *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
    McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

An alliance, YES. But it does not seem they shared technology. (Spoiler...)

That is why Thor had to link Jack to his computer to create a weapon in the first place.

Comment

When were the replicator devices created? Ummmmm we don't know. So we don't even know if we have them. I'm sure somewhere along the lines we will find some new energy based weapons.

Also, we HAVE NO POWER!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

[QUOTE=disforw]An alliance, YES. But it does not seem they shared technology.[QUOTE]

Perhaps, except for the Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan2k
            Perhaps, except for the Stargate.
            The stargate wasn't made just for the other races. it was made so they could travel freely through their worlds.
            sigpic

Comment

Fluffy has a solution - he found a lightsaber!
              sigpic

Comment

I hope they have an idea for the Food/Ammunition problem. The amount of stuf it looked like they took through the gate looked knowhere near enough for the amount of people they sent through. Especially since the amount of power needed to make the trek meant it would probably be one way. I mean, I'm still thinking they need:

Clean Drinkable Water - (Really Important)
                Clothes
                Stuff to Clean their clothes with
                Somewhere to go the toilet - (I guess the ancients had this covered though)
                Showers - (Did the Ancients need to shower)?
                Food - (Important)
                Ammunition
                Power Generator (They took one didn't they)?

Yet they only seemed to take through a little amount of stuff. Apart from that Atlantis was really cool.

Comment

I'm gonna sound really smart here, but whatever:

Is there some way to make salt water drinkable?

I believe they said Naquadah Reactors

Comment

They can boil the salt out of the water to make it drinkable.
                    *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                    McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Working...
                    X