This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many Trek nods did they make?

I couldn't help noticing the costumes...Dr. Weir in command wore red as did Picard. Dr. McKay wore Blue as did Dr. Beckett as did Dr. Crusher and Troi for science. No fun without the "red shirts."

And get a load of the "bridge."

What else did you spot?
    Causality should not be taken lightly.

Major shepered has a black one so does Lt Ford.

Comment

Yeah the new uniforms are kinda Trek-like. Stargate has supplanted Trek as the new scifi adventure series of choice. Plus the command coded colors works nicely.
      sigpic

Comment

There have always been much "hints" to StarTrek, and once they even redid the attack on the DeathStar (it was the attack on Anubis' super weaponed ship).

So, why not?

But I always love O'Neils refferings to the Simpsons

Comment

Hmmm...should this have spoiler space for Rising?

I didn't notice the Trek nods in Rising as much as I did in SG-1's New Order, but that's interesting about the uniform colors.

I did notice the Star Wars nod of "We come from a galaxy far, far away..."
          Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
          O'Neill: Who doesn't?
          - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
          - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
          once done, cannot be undone...
          brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

What about the most obvious "OMG! We are teh stranded We can not get home 71years of jouney before us "

Obviosly ST-VOY, isn't it

Comment

I think at Warp 9.975, Voyager's maximum speed, it would take 625,302 years to get to the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy from Pegasus, assuming that Galaxy still exists. Of course if Voyager's crew had found an Iconian Gateway, Star Trek's version of the Stargate, they could have jumped home through the gate. Sadly the ship wouldn't have made it through; too big.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
                I couldn't help noticing the costumes...Dr. Weir in command wore red as did Picard. Dr. McKay wore Blue as did Dr. Beckett as did Dr. Crusher and Troi for science. No fun without the "red shirts."

And get a load of the "bridge."

What else did you spot?
                I wouldn't classify the control room as much as "bridge" as I would "Ops" from DS9. In fact, the whole balcony over looking people (as others have pointed out) reminded me of overlooking the promenade. sp? It's akin to Voyager, but slightly different since it was voluntary and there is no estimate for time to return home. All they need is power.... like 1.28 Giggiwatts to charge their flux capacitor, which is the device that make wormhole travel possible...... Uh, nvm. I am worried about the "Janeway" complex from Dr. Weir, but we'll see. She isn't a millitary commander and she doesn't have the "I must prove to my crew I have "round reporducive organs akin to males' round reproductive organs" ( I think you know what I'm talking about without me saying it ) attitude. She does have the, "Don't forget I'm incharge" attitdue though.

Comment

Originally posted by deluzion
                  I even noticed Atlantis "borrowing" from the original series, having a blue woman as an alien (Wraith).
                  In the original series the female aliens were green.
                  spook

Comment

Well, when they start naming puddlejumpers after the names of rivers on Earth, then that'll be a big StarTrek DS9 nod. (although runabouts are much bigger than pj)

Could just imagine:
                    Sheppard: "OK, Ford, Teyla and myself will take the Rio Grande, you and you (pointing to the infamous "red shirts") will take the Euphrates."

"Red Shirt": "Oh $#%$#%#"

To add to Riker's quote:

"Fortune smiles on fools, children and ships named Enterprise or Rio Grande"

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
                      I couldn't help noticing the costumes...Dr. Weir in command wore red as did Picard. Dr. McKay wore Blue as did Dr. Beckett as did Dr. Crusher and Troi for science.
                      I believe the Dr. Beckett's color were an off white or beige color.

Comment

Yea it was Khaki.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Yeah, I would think that it's closest to the StarTrek gold color, in which case they coloring scheme doesn't quite match StarTrek exactly, but one could argue that the idea is StarTrek-esque. On the other hand, color-scheming different positions is not just a StarTrek idea. Has anyone ever seen the deck crew for an aircraft carrier (yes, it isn't air force, it's navy and this op isn't even supposed to be millitary in nature)? They live by the color coding scheme and it really helps them out to save time and lives.

Comment

Let's start off by not calling these 'nods', rip offs!

This is Sci-Fi after all and think about this, the SGC is real. Actual people doing these things in our time.

Now given that this is a real time series and all the members live in our present, why wouldn't they make reference to popular culture, especially Sci-Fi shows which would be similar, such as Star Trek and Star Wars.

If Stargate was your reality, wouldn't you make similar comments?

How make believe should Sci-Fi be anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Lightmaker
                              If Stargate was your reality, wouldn't you make similar comments?
                              Thank you. And yes, I would. All the time.

So does this mean the Atlantis team is going to miss the rest of ST Enterprise???!!!
                              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                              once done, cannot be undone...
                              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Working...
                              X