This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episodes

Ok, this might have been answered, but, although it may be a bit much to ask for an episode section for all of the old Who eps, how come we dont get one for new who? S1 and S2 sections would be great IMO
    1. Series 1 etc
    65.00%
    2. Series 27 etc
    35.00%

The poll is expired.

Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

I know it would be nice to have an eps section that is sepeated by doctor rather then season
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Well I did complain about this a few months back whne this DoctorWho part of the forum was started but I got yelled at by mods.
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Damn mods Maybe we should petiton for it? Sign on this thread if thats wat you want!
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

We should but we need more than 3 members.

Comment

alright now you have 4 signatures, all we need now is probably 250 of em to get the mods to notice

*walks off for fear of the mods wrath being enforced over me*
            For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

We could all but in our sigs in big red letters we want Episode threads !!!

Comment

You mean like that?V

Comment

No Bigger !!!! See mine !!!
                  Last edited by Metarock Sam; 09 January 2006, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I could see two subfolders "Classic Series" and "New Series".

But we really can't expect the Mods to populate the "Classic Series" subfolder. They have enough on their plate.

But if they were to create the two subfolders and let us populate them ourselves, it could be doable.

However, assuming they agree, with 159 stories in the Classic Series to list, we'd have to first agree on a naming system that would allow the members to easily find the correct stories in chronological order (IMO alphabetical is too confusing for Doctor Who newbies, when we're discussing various companions and Doctors).

I would suggest a format of ##A-[Title] where
                    ## is the Season.
                    A is a letter designating the place of the story in that season.
                    [Title] is the simply the title of the story.

Example:
                    01A-[An Unearthly Child]
                    24D-[Dragonfire]

Also, it might be cool to consider posting standard little factoids in the post starter of each story.

As far as the new series naming convention goes...perhaps I'd better let them decide amongst themselves.

If this was approved, I would stress the need for some level of conformity and organization.

Finally, despite my seeming support for all this, I'm not sure it would ultimately be worth the time and effort. Perhaps that's the first issue that should be resolved.

Comment

Why dont we ask if we can vote for a new mod that deals strictly in this part of the Forum?

Comment

I never said to do a classic series, as it would be too much work. However, they would benefit from a new series folder IMO as they would prevent mulitple threads about eps over a long period of time, or instance, if the Christmas Invasion thread stopped getting posts, so in 6 months when it has all but vanished and UKGold shows the ep, someone would start a thread, and the same problem wil come up time and time again

Comment

I vote DASP, who seems to spend a fair bit of time here, then again so do you MS

Comment

Well weve both been since there was just two threads in the general scifi section. One for the classic series started up by DASP and the other set up by I think it was The Warrior but I may be wrong about the 'new' series. But in all essence DASP deserves it since he knows more about Doctor Who than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                              Why dont we ask if we can vote for a new mod that deals strictly in this part of the Forum?
                              Because...
                              1.) there's only 8 Mods right now taking care of this whole forum
                              2.) the Mods are happy with their current number
                              3.) the Doctor Who community is very small compared to others, so it is not reasonable to expect much more manpower to be devoted to it
                              4.) this is not a representative democracy...we don't vote in Moderators
                              5.) if you think about it, such a request could be considered insulting

Comment

Working...
                              X