X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reaver question

K if you haven’t seen the movie this thread isn’t for you
    Spoiler:
    ok with the reaver fleet how did they get it so big it was only one out of the way planet and only 10% of the planet turned into reavers so well yeah they had huge military ship and so on so well yeah what’s with that did they attack alliance ships and kill every1 onboard then just take the ships?

feel free to add any of your own questions about the reavers or anything related to them
    Last edited by trentk_3888; 09 January 2006, 05:41 AM.

they could add new ships they capture and old ship from Miranda. the movie said a 10th of 1% and not 10%, so 30,000 becoming Reevers wouldn't require a lot of ships compared to the ships required to move 30 million Miranda so there could have been a lot of ships parked on the surface or orbit

i think they would just use the ships that were used to bring people to Miranda. even with a limited number of ships for the small reaver population, they could have attacked smaller ships and still had ships to spare on the planet.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
      they could add new ships they capture and old ship from Miranda. the movie said a 10th of 1% and not 10%, so 30,000 becoming Reevers wouldn't require a lot of ships compared to the ships required to move 30 million Miranda so there could have been a lot of ships parked on the surface or orbit

i think they would just use the ships that were used to bring people to Miranda. even with a limited number of ships for the small reaver population, they could have attacked smaller ships and still had ships to spare on the planet.
      yeah and also the movie said they were only more agressive theres nothing to say they are stupider then us they could have build or modified there ship and put weapons on their ships them selves

oh and also are u sure its only a 10th on 1%???? admitedly i saw the movie ages ago and havent seen it since because its not out here but yeah i knew it had something to do with 10 percent

Comment

i'm positive it was a 10th of 1%.

well Reavers have the ability to control ships which shows a level of intelligence but there is nothing to suggest they can fix them let alone build them. unless the Pax used taught them how to fix or build ships, they'd have to scavange ships they come across. Reavers don't care about safety or else they'd fix holes in their ships and be able to get them running without a tail of smoke or radiation following them

for them to know how to fix or build ships someone with that knowledge would have to teach them and i can't believe their would be reaver teachers or people willing to teach while being raped, skinned and murdered.

sigpic

Comment

Besides we know that being witness to their attacks also makes ya one. So that would have increased the population of Reavers.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

But a reaver could have been turned into one from that planet who was like a mechanic or a ship designer or anything like that just because they don’t care about safety they do care about weapons and that magnetic grappling thing the reaver ship has in the pilot serenity and do you really think that ship came with that before the reavers started using it to get food?

Comment

there is no way to tell where the ship came from. it could have been taken over in a raid, served a different purpose and an engineer did change it but they don't go around teaching others how to do this. they fly around, rape, kill, skin and eat people. i don't think teaching others and designing new ships and testing theories in a lab reach high on their list of things to do.

Besides we know that being witness to their attacks also makes ya one. So that would have increased the population of Reavers.
              well thats not exactly true. a person could become infected with the Pax and turned into one or just tortured so badly they go nuts. witnessing it doesn't really mean you become one

sigpic

Comment

there is no way to tell where the ship came from. it could have been taken over in a raid, served a different purpose and an engineer did change it but they don't go around teaching others how to do this. they fly around, rape, kill, skin and eat people. i don't think teaching others and designing new ships and testing theories in a lab reach high on their list of things to do.
                lol I said nothing about them teaching each other how to do things and well he could just attach it and well yeah that’s it to be honest it probably would be fair hard but yeah they are only more aggressive that’s what the hologram said it didn’t say they got stupid like I said before but I agree I doubt they would teach others how to do it but yeah you would think they would do it themselves

Comment

well thats not exactly true. a person could become infected with the Pax and turned into one or just tortured so badly they go nuts. witnessing it doesn't really mean you become one
                  Well we know it can happen.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                    Well we know it can happen.
                    I suspect it's more of an infection than just witnessing an attack.

Comment

Originally posted by trentk_3888
                      K if you haven’t seen the movie this thread isn’t for you
                      Spoiler:
                      ok with the reaver fleet how did they get it so big it was only one out of the way planet and only 10% of the planet turned into reavers so well yeah they had huge military ship and so on so well yeah what’s with that did they attack alliance ships and kill every1 onboard then just take the ships?
                      Dear trentk,

Use me.

Sincerely,
                      -Punctuation.

and yeah i believe they are kinda like scavangers too. they'll get on a ship, and kill/eat everyone and if the ship is worth salvaging, they will.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                        Dear trentk,

Use me.

Sincerely,
                        -Punctuation.

and yeah i believe they are kinda like scavangers too. they'll get on a ship, and kill/eat everyone and if the ship is worth salvaging, they will.
                        lol yeah I would but yeah spelling and grammar etc aren’t my strong points.

Comment

Working...
                        X