PDA

View Full Version : So who would kill to see atlantis and sg1 in HDTV?

jagowar
July 18th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Since both now shot in widescreen (IE have black bars on top and bottom) Im assuming that they are atleast getting ready to start broadcasting them in HD but from what Ive been hearing scifi-hd is still a ways off. I really hope scifi joins the hdtv revolution because sg1 but more so atlantis (because most likely it will be around longer) would be awesome in HD. Those effects and the worlds in HD would rule.

Selmak
July 18th, 2004, 03:35 PM
It would be cool to see Atlantis and SG-1 in HD even though I don't have an HDTV... but I wouldn't kill anyone for it, to answer you question.

Blue_Revan
July 18th, 2004, 03:36 PM
It would be better if Altatis didnt start at 10

Mio
July 18th, 2004, 03:47 PM
It would be cool to see Atlantis and SG-1 in HD even though I don't have an HDTV... but I wouldn't kill anyone for it, to answer you question.
Sissy.

I would <g> J/K.

jagowar
July 18th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Ok, I probably wouldnt either but it really pains me to watch it when I know its being recorded in HD (or atleast widescreen) and not being able to watch in on my big screen.

darman
July 18th, 2004, 04:21 PM
hd would be awesome, i always get dissapointed when i see those screenshots with high resolution and then i realize it won't be broadcast like that

TechnoBoY
July 18th, 2004, 04:22 PM
I wish I had HD! We just got a HDTV but we dont have HD service. How sad is that!

I have seen Digital Satelite rips on IRC though. Is that same as HD? Guess not cause SCIFI isnt broadcast anywhere in HD right?

jagowar
July 18th, 2004, 04:28 PM
I actually heard a rumor that one of the canadian provider was going to air the episode in HDTV, I have no idea if it was true though. This was reported by a member on AVSForum.

DownFallAngel
July 18th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Was atlantis widescreen? I know S7 & 8 of SG1 was, but is Atlantis?

jagowar
July 18th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Was atlantis widescreen? I know S7 & 8 of SG1 was, but is Atlantis?
Yes atlantis is widescreen....

disforw
July 18th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Since both now shot in widescreen (IE have black bars on top and bottom) Im assuming that they are atleast getting ready to start broadcasting them in HD but from what Ive been hearing scifi-hd is still a ways off. I really hope scifi joins the hdtv revolution because sg1 but more so atlantis (because most likely it will be around longer) would be awesome in HD. Those effects and the worlds in HD would rule.

who would kill to have Stargate ON-DEMAND!

LOBO2999
July 18th, 2004, 05:36 PM
I have a 65" WS HDTV and I would love to see it in HD

jagowar
July 19th, 2004, 05:47 AM
Ok it seems Atlantis airs tonight in Canada on The Movie Network's channel.... for any of those who get this channel in HD I would like to know if its actually aired in HD or not.... If it is I would love some screen caps :)

aAnubiSs
July 19th, 2004, 05:49 AM
I have a 65" WS HDTV and I would love to see it in HD

How much did that cost?

Anthro Girl
July 19th, 2004, 07:36 AM
Hmmm...I might kill a good steak, maybe? :D

We have a widescreen HDTV-ready tv, but we haven't gotten the HDTV receiver since there isn't anything being broadcast in HDTV that's worth it. Either Stargate would be worth it! ;)

Anthro Girl
July 19th, 2004, 07:38 AM
BTW, Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis in widescreen is really...cool! :cool:

TechnoBoY
July 19th, 2004, 07:59 AM
I wish HD service through cable would be cheaper. It sucks to have a 57 widescreen tv and have to watch regular cable. The picture is horrible! So even if SG1 is broadcast in HD I wouldnt get it. Unless COX lowers the price!

jagowar
July 19th, 2004, 08:10 AM
What do you condiser too high? cox is the local cableco here too and it costs 10 bucks a month per box and 5 for the HD channels. But Im never going back to cable so I dont have it...

So on a related note whos got the movie network in HD that lives in canada? I want to see some screen caps in HD :)