This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad news for aussies... Save SG

Stargate News Australia posted this article today...

...Still no good news on the Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis front in Australia folks, we contacted Network Seven this morning about when the series' were likely to startup. No decision has been made...
    i think the best way to get Ch7 to put the Stargates on is if every aussie [and i mean every aussie, even if you download eps] writes a letter to Ch7 in their respective cities. this way, the morons who run things there will see that we are serious about the shows we all love.

the letter should say that the Stargates are good shows, with increasing popularity in the US and UK, and asking when they will air the two series. and, leave you address, they will personally reply. it may take a while, but they will. and, please, be polite. the last thing we all need is Ch7 not to air the series because we hurled abuse at them.

here is a list of the addresses of Ch7 in your respective city:
    Channel Seven Adelaide
    45-49 Park Terrace
    GILBERTON SA 5081
    Fax: (08) 8342 7717

Channel Seven Brisbane
    GPO Box 604
    MOUNT COOT-THA QLD 4001
    Fax: (07) 3368 2970

Channel Seven Melbourne
    GPO Box 4477
    MELBOURNE VICTORIA 3001
    Fax: (03) 9697 7676

Channel Seven Perth
    PO Box 77
    TUART HILL WA 6060
    Fax: (08) 9344 0670

Channel Seven Queensland
    PO Box 296
    MAROOCHYDORE QLD 4558
    Fax: (07) 5430 1762

if you prefer to call, the numbers are:
    By Telephone
    Channel Seven Sydney (02) 8777 7777
    Channel Seven Adelaide (08) 8342 7777
    Channel Seven Brisbane (07) 3369 7777
    Channel Seven Melbourne (03) 9697 7777
    Channel Seven Perth (08) 9344 0777
    Channel Seven Queensland (07) 5430 1777

the sooner you send your letter, the quicker Ch7 will learn that we are waiting for the shows to return.

I applaud the sentiment...but can't see it making a difference..even without the tennis and winter olympics...unless you have the old "people meter", they just don't care...

Comment

Nobody <Mod Snip> stargate like seven.
      Last edited by TameFarrar; 13 January 2006, 08:21 AM. Reason: PG forum

Comment

I hope this gets worked out soon for you guys!

Comment

They can bite me.

Really - its easier just to buy the DVD's (<Mod Snip> ) then to deal with TV Stations.
          Last edited by TameFarrar; 13 January 2006, 08:19 AM. Reason: That topic is a No-No :-)

Comment

Seriously, wait until after the Commonwealth Games. Trust me when I say nothing will be decided on the majority of the secondary show schedule (which Stargate is) until after that. (By secondary, I mean it's not a top rater.)

Sports get better ratings, and that's what they are going to go with. It's a business, what more does anyone expect.
            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
              Seriously, wait until after the Commonwealth Games. Trust me when I say nothing will be decided on the majority of the secondary show schedule.
              I have no idea what that means.

Channel 7 will screen it more or less in October/November, all the wringing of hands is only because some peeps insisted they were going to screen it in March. They never once said March but they did once say October/November.

Comment

Ive personally given up on those idiots at channel seven. Stargate hasnt been on tv here in Sydney for more than a year i personally think channel seven are going for a record the longest break between seasons!!!

Comment

stargate was on earlier last year - they stopped showing SG-1 around April/May and then started showing Atlantis. It hasn't been a year.

And, considering the fact that the US don't show the whole season at once, all Australian channels are known to wait until the following Feb to start showing new seasons.
                  Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

Yeah, well every TV station in Australia treats Sci Fi like dirt. I'm not surprised about this.
                    Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                    Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Nasa
                      Ive personally given up on those idiots at channel seven. Stargate hasnt been on tv here in Sydney for more than a year i personally think channel seven are going for a record the longest break between seasons!!!
                      Where were you they screened it and SGA middle of last year. You have lost all hope.

Comment

Sci Fi - minus BSG (although 10 screwed that up) doesn't rate well on Australian TV... They are not going to put it on in a prime time slot when they can air something, for example Lost, which is going to pull in the ratings.

As much as we love the show, and as many fans as there are - it doesn't rate. It's a numbers game, it's a business.

Comment

It comes down to
                          Tennis vs Stargate
                          AFL vs Stargate
                          Desperate Housewives vs Stargate

Stargate will come last in all three

Comment

Your better off pushing TV1, Fox8 and Movie Network to take over the local screening rights. No Sci-Fi series on PayTV is inline with the US or UK

Comment

Coming from Melbourne myself where the Commonwealth Games is taking place, I can only hope that once that passes chanel 7 will pick up the rights for the new series of SG-1 and Atlantis.

Although it does not attract the largest audience, Stargate fans are the most lotal around and will continue to produce consistent ratings whilst not being spectacular.

Perhaps channel 10 or the ABC could provide a better time slot for the Stargate franchise to once again grow!!!

I'll write into chanel 7 however just to see what they come back at me with.

Comment

Working...
                              X