PDA

View Full Version : Hive ship kill count...

Hyperspace
January 9th, 2006, 02:36 AM
Just wondering how many hive ships have been blown up by Atlantis and co. so far? Weren't there 30+ in one 'quadrant' of the galaxy alone?

Thx.

Ascended Times.2
January 9th, 2006, 02:40 AM
One, there were 60+ in our quadrent of space alone, and indications of others elsewhere.

Two, I think I heard somewhere we're up to 8. ((I could be wrong, and this isn't counting cruisers...))

Jarnin
January 9th, 2006, 02:52 AM
7 if I remember correctly.

They blew up 1 in Rising Pt. I with the ancient satellite weapon.

They blew up 4 in Rising Pt. III. One with a nuke on board a cloaked PJ, and Three others by teleporting nukes aboard the hives with the Daedalus' Asgard teleporters.

Two more were destroyed in The Hive when the team got the two ships to fire on each other.

Wass
January 9th, 2006, 03:18 AM

They blew up 4 in Rising Pt. III. One with a nuke on board a cloaked PJ, and Three others by teleporting nukes aboard the hives with the Daedalus' Asgard teleporters.

Two more were destroyed in The Hive when the team got the two ships to fire on each other.
You mean Siege part 1 and 3.:mckay:

Jarnin
January 9th, 2006, 03:31 AM
You mean Siege part 1 and 3.:mckay:
Yep.

Hyperspace
January 9th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Also 2 in Aurora, right?

DragonGate
January 9th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Also 2 in Aurora, right?

The Wraith ships in "Aurora" were just scouts, I don't think they were full hives.

Wraith_Hunter
January 9th, 2006, 12:03 PM
One, there were 60+ in our quadrent of space alone, and indications of others elsewhere.

Two, I think I heard somewhere we're up to 8. ((I could be wrong, and this isn't counting cruisers...))

1) That is wrong! There is at least 21 in the same quadrant of the Pegasus galaxy as them. There is a total of 60 Hive ships in the entire Pegasus galaxy at the very least.

http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/ships/w/wraithhiveship.shtml

There are currently 8 Hive ships that have been taken out so far.

1 in 'The Siege I'.
5 in 'The Siege III'
(1 with the Jumper & 4 with the beaming tech before it became blocked)
2 in 'The Hive'

That's all for the Hive ships.

Cruisers it's hard to tell, in 'The Siege I' when the Hive ship went up. We don't know if it's accompanying Cruisers were taken out with it. As well as the 5 in 'The Siege III'.

So I don't really think that you can get a 100% accurate reading of how many Cruisers have been taken out.

Wraith_Hunter
January 9th, 2006, 12:04 PM
The Wraith ships in "Aurora" were just scouts, I don't think they were full hives.

They were referring to the 2 Cruisers that was taken out by the explosion.

Stevos
January 9th, 2006, 12:37 PM
So we have managed to destroy 8/60th or (1/7.5th of the fleet) hive ships without having any decent ships like aurora. So why did the ancients lose, if they only had to wipe out another 60 hive ships.

There must either be lots more than 60 or the ancients were close to winning but didn't realise how close they were.

Lieutenant Ford
January 9th, 2006, 04:42 PM
So we have managed to destroy 8/60th or (1/7.5th of the fleet) hive ships without having any decent ships like aurora. So why did the ancients lose, if they only had to wipe out another 60 hive ships.

There must either be lots more than 60 or the ancients were close to winning but didn't realise how close they were.

The ancients didnt win the war as they were a passive race, they didnt go out and attack the wraith. they just sat back and waited for the wraith to attack them, or any of their 'protected planets'.

The ancients were also very much outnumbered by the wraith which wouldnt of helped matters. As far as ships are concerned, the wraith may 'only' have 60 or so ships at any one point, but whats to say they didnt have more 10,000 years ago? What stopped them from building more ships?

Another casing point, the wraith seem to be much harder to kill than your average ancient, which means that in most of the small skirmishes there must have been the wrait would probably suffered far less fatalities and so would probably remained fairly strong in numbers right up untill the end of the war.

SmallTimePerson
January 9th, 2006, 05:08 PM

and we damaged the one in rising when the c4 detonated in it. But we cant tell if it did any serious damage

Gateboy13
January 9th, 2006, 05:20 PM
and we damaged the one in rising when the c4 detonated in it. But we cant tell if it did any serious damage

It must not have been too seriously damaged as it managed to leave the planet by the time the team returned in '38 Minutes', that is if I am correctly remembering that as being the same planet and hive ship.

Also, it would be interesting to know how many hive ships the ancients were able to destroy during their war with the wraith.

SmallTimePerson
January 9th, 2006, 05:23 PM
It must not have been too seriously damaged as it managed to leave the planet by the time the team returned in '38 Minutes', that is if I am correctly remembering that as being the same planet and hive ship.

it did leave, but if it was too damaged it may have only left to get repaired or stripped for parts.

NakedJehutyV2
January 9th, 2006, 08:25 PM

LORD MONK
January 9th, 2006, 08:47 PM
So what's the count?

Beal
January 9th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Groden said there were 60 (Or more) hive ships in the entire galaxy.

Destroying 7 of 60 ships with a combined force of MAYBE one thousand people really strikes me as odd. There has to be more to the wraith than we've seen, maybe they decommissioned all of their war ships after the ancients left or something.

Minigin
January 9th, 2006, 10:31 PM
What if the alot of the wraith found a way to travel to another galaxy? It would explain the lack of Wraith in the PG. Another Idea i had is, what if the Wraith where not alone? What if there was a whole alliance of evil races. Maybe things went sour between the races and some had to leave the galaxy or be killed.

Vee
January 9th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Another Idea i had is, what if the Wraith where not alone? What if there was a whole alliance of evil races. Maybe things went sour between the races and some had to leave the galaxy or be killed.
It's an idea, but I don't really see the Wraith as being the type to ally themselves with others. They have pretty superior technology and don't seem to have uses for other races apart from human food. Obviously we can't rule anything out at this point. I don't think we'll know much more about some of these issues until we get more back story on the Wraith.

And some of you might want to use spoilers tags when talking about destructive events in episodes like The Hive and Aurora. I'm sure people who haven't seen the episodes and don't want to be spoiled would appreciate it. :)

TechnoWraith
January 9th, 2006, 11:10 PM
So what's the count?
well, the two hits in the Hiuve really "don't count" because we didn't actively do the destroying. But that would be two hive ships less than before, though.

jowb88
January 9th, 2006, 11:35 PM
its 8
and we did destroy the two in in hive shep goosed the queen allong and started fireing at the hive ship making them destry each other

Vee
January 9th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Yeah, see stuff like that really needs to be in a spoiler tag, jowb88. You just gave away the end of the episode. Not trying to be pushy here, but as a recovering spoiler addict I'm a bit sensitive to these things.

;)

jowb88
January 9th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Yeah, see stuff like that really needs to be in a spoiler tag, jowb88. You just gave away the end of the episode. Not trying to be pushy here, but as a recovering spoiler addict I'm a bit sensitive to these things.

;)
the episode has already aired

Vee
January 9th, 2006, 11:55 PM
the episode has already aired
It hasn't aired everywhere, though. Keep in mind there are many other fans in other countries who have not seen these episodes. For anyone who hasn't read or isn't familiar with the Spoiler Policy (http://forum.gateworld.net/faq.php?faq=post_nav#faq_faq_spoilerspace)

Spoiler warnings are required for all episodes in the seasons: 1) currently airing in U.S. syndication, 2) airing in first-run on SCI FI in the U.S., and 3) in production. For SCI FI viewers, this is usually the previous, current, and upcoming seasons. (Visit GateWorld's SG-1 and Atlantis episode guides if you aren't sure which season the episode is in.)
Basically this means any episode that hasn't aired in U.S. syndication is considered a spoiler.

I'm not singling you out jowb88. ;) Other people in the thread posted spoilers as well. Anyway, sorry to derail the conversation.

I now return the thread to it's regularly scheduled programming.

Jarnin
January 10th, 2006, 12:34 AM
It's 7. I just previewed all related episodes.

Ok, here we go. 3 hive ships on the way to Atlantis.

1 of 3 is destroyed in The Siege Pt. I by the ancient satellite.
2 of 3 is destroyed in The Siege Pt. III by a nuke in a cloaked PJ.
3 of 3 is destroyed in The Siege Pt. III by a teleported nuke from Daedalus.

That takes care of the first three hives. Then there are 12 more, which Daedalus intercepts.

1 of 12 is destroyed in The Siege Pt. III by a teleported nuke from Daedalus.
2 of 12 is destroyed in The Siege Pt. III by a teleported nuke from Daedalus.

Then the Wraith start jamming the teleporters on Daedalus. The Only reason Atlantis survives is due to Sheppard figuring out the "cloak the city" plot device.

In The Hive there are 2 Hives with the team captive on one of them.

Both (2) are destroyed by John Sheppard in a Dart getting them to attack each other.

So you have: 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 7! 7 hive ships destroyed. Ah Ah Ah ah!

http://toughpigs.com/images/journalridiculejpcount.jpg

SmallTimePerson
January 10th, 2006, 01:30 AM
It's 7. I just previewed all related episodes.

Ok, here we go. 3 hive ships on the way to Atlantis.

1 of 3 is destroyed in The Siege Pt. I by the ancient satellite.
2 of 3 is destroyed in The Siege Pt. III by a nuke in a cloaked PJ.
3 of 3 is destroyed in The Siege Pt. III by a teleported nuke from Daedalus.

That takes care of the first three hives. Then there are 12 more, which Daedalus intercepts.

1 of 12 is destroyed in The Siege Pt. III by a teleported nuke from Daedalus.
2 of 12 is destroyed in The Siege Pt. III by a teleported nuke from Daedalus.

Then the Wraith start jamming the teleporters on Daedalus. The Only reason Atlantis survives is due to Sheppard figuring out the "cloak the city" plot device.

In The Hive there are 2 Hives with the team captive on one of them.

Both (2) are destroyed by John Sheppard in a Dart getting them to attack each other.

So you have: 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 7! 7 hive ships destroyed. Ah Ah Ah ah!

http://toughpigs.com/images/journalridiculejpcount.jpg
what still remains is how damaged was the hive in rising that we planted c4 on?

The2ndQuest
January 10th, 2006, 12:47 PM
I actually started keeping track of this the other day for fun and came up with this image to keep tabs on it:

http://www.denimfilms.com/shared/wraithassettracking.jpg

LORD MONK
January 10th, 2006, 02:16 PM
So it's seven. Does everyone agree or are we back at the drawing board?

Beal
January 10th, 2006, 07:01 PM
what still remains is how damaged was the hive in rising that we planted c4 on?

Ford has a big 'ol crate of the stuff they were going to use in the Hive, planted strategically as to ensure secondary explosions. I doubt Sheppard and Ford went on the rescue mission in rising with anymore than 2-3 blocks of the stuff. Plus, we know from 38 minutes that the hiveship left the planet, so it couldn't have been damaged badly at all

LORD MONK
January 10th, 2006, 08:49 PM

;)
I know it sucks being spoiled on something you didn't want to be spoiled on. I was just spoiled on The Tower. So if you haven't seen The Hive don't go to The Tower thread. But this is season two catagory so if you don't want to be spoiled don't come here.

I didn't know that another country got to see the new eps. before the US so when I went into the post about The Towers I idn't know they already seen it. And Wow it was. What I am getting is you being a recovering sproiler addict you should know this.

ste
January 11th, 2006, 02:10 PM
9, thats right, 9 Hive ships have been destroyed since the show started and no im not going mad and picking random number outta my head, ill explain where the magic 2 come from right now.

Spoilers for Season 1, so if for some reason you havnt seen season 1, why are you watching season 2???

Remember Episode 114, Sanctuary??
They are introduced to a priestess who turns out to be an ascended ancient, they find this out on Atlantis when she uses her powers to leave the city to return to her planet which she is protecting. Major Sheppard follows in a jumper, he exits the space gate to find 2 Hive ships in orbit of the planet, he takes out a few darts and starts headding for the Hives. The ascended babe appears beside him and tells him not to bother, she dissapears in a flash and in another flash the two hive ships are destroyed.

So thats another 2 Hive ships gone, and god knows how many she destroyed before and since the team met her.

So there we have it, thats 9/60+ Hive ships gone, not bad.

Also there is 180+ Wraith Cruisers, since there are 3 per Hive Ship, anyone know how many outta 180+ have been destroyed??

Jarnin
January 11th, 2006, 03:45 PM
9, thats right, 9 Hive ships have been destroyed since the show started and no im not going mad and picking random number outta my head, ill explain where the magic 2 come from right now.

Spoilers for Season 1, so if for some reason you havnt seen season 1, why are you watching season 2???

Remember Episode 114, Sanctuary??
They are introduced to a priestess who turns out to be an ascended ancient, they find this out on Atlantis when she uses her powers to leave the city to return to her planet which she is protecting. Major Sheppard follows in a jumper, he exits the space gate to find 2 Hive ships in orbit of the planet, he takes out a few darts and starts headding for the Hives. The ascended babe appears beside him and tells him not to bother, she dissapears in a flash and in another flash the two hive ships are destroyed.

So thats another 2 Hive ships gone, and god knows how many she destroyed before and since the team met her.

So there we have it, thats 9/60+ Hive ships gone, not bad.

Also there is 180+ Wraith Cruisers, since there are 3 per Hive Ship, anyone know how many outta 180+ have been destroyed??
Doh, I totally forgot that episode. I stand corrected, it is 9.

NakedJehutyV2
January 11th, 2006, 04:26 PM

LORD MONK
January 11th, 2006, 07:41 PM
So, is it nine. Do we all agree. Or do we need a pole. 7 of 9. O' wait I mean 7 or nine.

Steven_the_Atlantean
January 11th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Season One- 1 hive ship was destroyed
- THE SIEGE, PART 1

Season Two- 6 hive ships was destroyed
-THE SIEGE, PART 3 - 4 Hive ships
-THE HIVE - 2 Hive ships

7 hive ships were destroyed

The2ndQuest
January 11th, 2006, 11:32 PM
I had forgotten about the ones destroyed in Sanctuary.

So that gives us a count of 9 Hive Ships destroyed. I've updated my tracking chart accordingly:

knowsfords
January 12th, 2006, 12:55 AM
For all we know they've been making even more hive ships.

Steven_the_Atlantean
January 12th, 2006, 01:47 AM
For all we know they've been making even more hive ships.

lol dont you mean loosing ships thier is a civil war happening between them we have to concider that serveral hiveships has been destroyed

gopher65
January 12th, 2006, 04:14 AM
of course that number of 60 was just a rough guess. For all we know they have 200,000 ships currently mothballed in a single starsystem on the other side of the galaxy:P. I find it hard to believe that the ancients gave up if there were only 60 capital ships left to destroy when they left.

I agree about the 9 ships destroyed that we know about though.

Juice
January 12th, 2006, 06:11 AM
About the Ancients getting defeated by the Wraith, but the Earthys doing quite well up to now.

First of all the Ancients were a peaceful race but not stupid. I dont think they were prepared to for a full scale war with a fairly advanced race and by the time they started bringing out the big guns(literally trinity) and the info the Aurora discovered it was too late
Also the Wraith are pretty brutal it didnt take them long to send 3 ships to destory the Humans on atlantis, and when that failed they sent 12 which nearly defeated the Earthlings, but if that had failed they might have sent the remaining 45 ships which I dont think anyone could cope with.

The Wraith are now splintered and believe the Human contigent just to be one ship(if that) and the SGA team have the surprise element slowly wearing down the wraith.

catscratch
January 12th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Right - 9 ships destroyed, but why oh why can we take em out so easily when the powerful ancients had a rough time.

Here's my theory:
We know that the ancients filled up the galaxy with humans basically inhabiting every single habitable planet - at least so much that a stargate system was made in Pegasus.
We also know that the Ancients in some way woke up the wraith.

Now, the wraith, having a galaxy full of food to enjoy and only one true enemy, mobilized an armada faster than Michael Schumacher in a Ferrari. To mobilize an armada capable of taking over a galaxy takes time and a massive amount of resources, regardless of whether you're a wraith, a human or an ancient a ship needs metal alloys, some sort of engine and weapons etc etc.

The wraith filled up the ranks, took over the planets - and took the fight to Atlantis, that much we know for sure. But what happened AFTER the ancients sank Atlantis? Suddenly the wraith had no enemy, no one to use all their guns on, so why waste valuable resources by having a massive armada?
I suspect the wraith demobilized their actual combat ships, settling on various planets so they could enjoy a great feast with the poor humans being the victims.
At some point between then and now, the wraith realized that they were eating up humans faster than the humans could regenerate, forcing the wraith to develop various ideas to prevent the fields from being exhausted too fast. This is why they sleep, do cullings and have hive ships. Those ships were NOT the ones they used when attacking Atlantis as a hive ship at that point would be illogical - with plenty of food and an active state of war, you don't create ships designed for large periods of sleep.

So, basically, between then and now, the wraith armada has dwindled massively in numbers due to 2 reasons: 1) No need for massive combat ships due to lack of qualified enemies and 2) loss of feeding grounds have resulted in less wraith and a reconstruction of the fleet into hive ships instead of fully-fledged combat ships. Possibly even a third option as well, lack of the rare natural resources needed to create these massive ships - consider how rare Naqueda (sp?) is in the Milky Way.

This explains the civil war as well - all the wraith awake at the same time, sparse feeding grounds and the rumour of the Milky Way being lost due to the destruction of Atlantis have gotten them all wound up, because how are they ever to be able to survive with only the few humans left in Pegasus as feeding ground? They're destroying each other in order to live longer. I have a feeling that, once they find out that Atlantis is not destroyed, they will cease that state of civil war and focus all efforts on capturing Atlantis.

Might be a great season finale once this happens. ;)

UltraMarioMan
January 12th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Right - 9 ships destroyed, but why oh why can we take em out so easily when the powerful ancients had a rough time.

Here's my theory:
We know that the ancients filled up the galaxy with humans basically inhabiting every single habitable planet - at least so much that a stargate system was made in Pegasus.
We also know that the Ancients in some way woke up the wraith.

Now, the wraith, having a galaxy full of food to enjoy and only one true enemy, mobilized an armada faster than Michael Schumacher in a Ferrari. To mobilize an armada capable of taking over a galaxy takes time and a massive amount of resources, regardless of whether you're a wraith, a human or an ancient a ship needs metal alloys, some sort of engine and weapons etc etc.

The wraith filled up the ranks, took over the planets - and took the fight to Atlantis, that much we know for sure. But what happened AFTER the ancients sank Atlantis? Suddenly the wraith had no enemy, no one to use all their guns on, so why waste valuable resources by having a massive armada?
I suspect the wraith demobilized their actual combat ships, settling on various planets so they could enjoy a great feast with the poor humans being the victims.
At some point between then and now, the wraith realized that they were eating up humans faster than the humans could regenerate, forcing the wraith to develop various ideas to prevent the fields from being exhausted too fast. This is why they sleep, do cullings and have hive ships. Those ships were NOT the ones they used when attacking Atlantis as a hive ship at that point would be illogical - with plenty of food and an active state of war, you don't create ships designed for large periods of sleep.

So, basically, between then and now, the wraith armada has dwindled massively in numbers due to 2 reasons: 1) No need for massive combat ships due to lack of qualified enemies and 2) loss of feeding grounds have resulted in less wraith and a reconstruction of the fleet into hive ships instead of fully-fledged combat ships. Possibly even a third option as well, lack of the rare natural resources needed to create these massive ships - consider how rare Naqueda (sp?) is in the Milky Way.

This explains the civil war as well - all the wraith awake at the same time, sparse feeding grounds and the rumour of the Milky Way being lost due to the destruction of Atlantis have gotten them all wound up, because how are they ever to be able to survive with only the few humans left in Pegasus as feeding ground? They're destroying each other in order to live longer. I have a feeling that, once they find out that Atlantis is not destroyed, they will cease that state of civil war and focus all efforts on capturing Atlantis.

Might be a great season finale once this happens. ;)
Your thinking similer to me. My guess is that after beating the Ancients they started fighting over the remaining humans and killed each other until they were at sustainable Human to Wraith level.

gopher65
January 12th, 2006, 12:33 PM
that is similar to my thoughts as well catscratch. I do in fact think that the hiveships are *not* full combat ships, but infact merely some form of hibernation/transport ship, but I don't feel that the wraith simply disbanded their military vessels. I have the feeling that one of these days (probably several season down the road) the atlantis team will stumble upon a star system where the wraith are reactivating long dormant combat ships:). Should be a fun episode (if somewhat standard to the scifi genere. IE, scouts find a huge enemy shipyard/wormhole/subspace portal, and huge numbers of enemy warships are on their way).

NakedJehutyV2
January 12th, 2006, 01:33 PM
i told ya it's 9

freyr's mother
January 12th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Wraith Ships Destroyed or Disabled
Siege 1 - 1 hiveship
Siege 3 - 1 hive shep suicide run, 3 hives nuked, first nuked hive in 12 hive battle w/ deddy lost 3 cruisers, assume three cruisers were destroyed w/ second one. (They just exited hyperspace)
Condemned- Cruiser disabled by drone
Aurora- Two cruisers in self destruct
The Hive - Two hives civil war

Total comes to:

7 Hiveships
9 Cruisers

NakedJehutyV2
January 12th, 2006, 05:22 PM
9 hive ships with the 2 that chaya took out

SmallTimePerson
January 12th, 2006, 07:22 PM
9 hive ships with the 2 that chaya took out
it may even be more, because the genii's info we stole came from their last great culling (50 years ago right?) when they had 60+ ships. Since we have been there we have seen 9 hive ships destroyed and i damaged. In the space between the last culling and us arriving chaya, or some other race may have taken out more hive ships.

freyr's mother
January 14th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Oh yea I forgot about the two chaya took out.

NakedJehutyV2
January 14th, 2006, 12:17 PM
yeah this thread is bout ones taken out after human and co arrived in atlantis

ste
August 3rd, 2006, 07:36 AM
thats 3 more hives gone in just 2episodes of atlantis and one episode of sg1, they should cross over more often, it worked wonders

Hermiod
August 3rd, 2006, 08:43 AM
It was said on an episode that one on one a Ancient ship could defeat a wraith ship, but it's their numbers that lead to the defeat of the ancients. It has nothing to do with secret combat ships being built. When you have hundreds of ships vs a handful the hundreds will more often then not win. Kinda like how a sand storm erodes a statue over time.

The Ancients while the most advanced race to exist, may not have been the most adaptive or strategic. Humans when faced with a problem adapt while the ancient probably from relying on their technology for so long weren't that good at adapting to new situations. Example would be when the atlantis team put nukes on the puddlejumpers to fly into the hiveship. The ancients probably had a harder time thinking outside of the box when it came to things like that. They probably figured that point and shoot with big guns would work.

ste
August 4th, 2006, 10:10 AM
I actually started keeping track of this the other day for fun and came up with this image to keep tabs on it:

this should be updated to include the 2 destroyed in atlantis season 3 and the 1 destroyed in sg1 season 10, im tellin ya if carter was on atlantis the wraith would be gone by now, hahaha

zpm!!
August 4th, 2006, 01:13 PM
this should be updated to include the 2 destroyed in atlantis season 3 and the 1 destroyed in sg1 season 10, im tellin ya if carter was on atlantis the wraith would be gone by now, hahaha

nice pic i have to save, like a ww2 fighter pilot putting a list of kills on plane!

The2ndQuest
August 10th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I'm going to update it in the next few days for Season 3- and also remove the one from the list since upon review it doesn't look like there was a hive ship destroyed by the ancient lady.

However, it might be more appropriate for me to post current updates in the Season 3 forum...I'll throw a link over here though.

freyr's mother
August 11th, 2006, 06:02 AM
nice pic i have to save, like a ww2 fighter pilot putting a list of kills on plane!
Do you mean like how many kills it has? Cause that would be cool. They could put square pictures of hiveships and/or cruisers on the Deddy's neck representing how many kills it has.

The_Fifth
August 11th, 2006, 03:47 PM
dont forget the hive ship of the pegasus project 10x03

The2ndQuest
August 11th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Can anyone else second that no hiveships were destroyed by Chaya in 1.14 Sanctuary?

I see evidence of a lot of darts being destroyed, but nothing about a hive.

Anyways, I've updated the image to reflect the new kills and eliminated the 1.14 kills. Same image link as before:

EDIT:

The list being:

119: Death by Ancient Satilite Defense Weapon
201: Nuked via cloaked puddlejumper
201: Nuked via Asgard beaming #1
201: Nuked via Asgard beaming #2
201: Nuked via Asgard beaming #3
211: Destroyed via Wraith Civil War #1
211: Destroyed via Wraith Civil War #2
301: Destroyed by Orion's drones
302: Captured Hive destroyed during Michael's escape by another Hive Ship
1003: Nuked via Asgard beaming in time dilation field of a black hole

We're a full 1/6th done ;)

Major Gambit
August 11th, 2006, 07:39 PM
1) That is wrong! There is at least 21 in the same quadrant of the Pegasus galaxy as them. There is a total of 60 Hive ships in the entire Pegasus galaxy at the very least.

http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/ships/w/wraithhiveship.shtml

There are currently 8 Hive ships that have been taken out so far.

1 in 'The Siege I'.
5 in 'The Siege III'
(1 with the Jumper & 4 with the beaming tech before it became blocked)
2 in 'The Hive'

That's all for the Hive ships.

Cruisers it's hard to tell, in 'The Siege I' when the Hive ship went up. We don't know if it's accompanying Cruisers were taken out with it. As well as the 5 in 'The Siege III'.

So I don't really think that you can get a 100% accurate reading of how many Cruisers have been taken out.

You are forgetting the one in No-man''s Land

Mister Oragahn
August 12th, 2006, 07:17 AM
With the 3 destroyed in SG-1's Pegasus Project, and in the season 3 of Atlantis (No Man's Land and Misbegotten), we add 3 hiveships on the list.

2: Chaya destroyed two of them (I think) in Sanctuary.

5: Grodin blew one up with the lantian satellite, One was taken down with a nuke transported by a cloaked puddle jumped flying inside a hievship, the Daedalus first beamed one nuke, then planned an assault on the 12 ships armada, and destroyed two more that same way before being jammed. That's five ships in The Siege three parter.

2: Two hiveships destroyed each other in The Hive.

1: In No Man's Land, the squids fired by the Orion destroy another hiveship.

1: In Misbegotten, the last of the two hiveships, which escaped towards the Milky Way before being crippled and captured by the humans, was destroyed by another hiveship.

1: In The Pegasus Project, one more hiveship is destroyed as a nuke is beamed inside of it.

That's 12.

The2ndQuest
August 12th, 2006, 09:25 AM
I've removed the two "Chaya kills" because I haven't seen evidence she actually killed a hive ship- just lots of darts.

Shep has the line at the start of the episode that "She's right. The Darts are short range fighters. There's probably a hive ship around here somewhere." but we never see any confirmation of that speculation (and we've seen darts come through stargates alone before) nor any mention of it again.

quasarsky
August 13th, 2006, 12:41 AM
i'm glad someone mentioned the third episode of season 10 lol

ste
August 13th, 2006, 12:46 PM
I've removed the two "Chaya kills" because I haven't seen evidence she actually killed a hive ship- just lots of darts.

Shep has the line at the start of the episode that "She's right. The Darts are short range fighters. There's probably a hive ship around here somewhere." but we never see any confirmation of that speculation (and we've seen darts come through stargates alone before) nor any mention of it again.

there was two hives there, if ya pause it at the right time, (while she is in atlantis it flashes to her planet and you can see 2 hives in orbit) id get a pic if i wasnt so lazy

The2ndQuest
August 13th, 2006, 02:26 PM
If that's the case, then we still haven't seen them be destroyed- just the darts (and, for all we know, Chaya only destroyed the darts, convincing the now-fighterless hives to depart).

I don't want to assume she killed them if we don't have evidence that she did.

Mister Oragahn
August 13th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Well, that's the kind of things she did in the past:

CHAYA: When their terrible fleet approached, I lashed out with my mind and with a single thought destroyed them all. The others of my kind did not approve of such interference in corporeal matters. And so I was exiled. My punishment was the unending protection of this world.

Well, My memories are blurry about sanctuary, but apparently, Darts arrived through the stargate. That's impressive, since every single time we saw so many Darts, they were launched from capital ships.

Maybe there was no hiveship then.

It leaves the count at 10 atm.

EDIT

I found this:

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/114/html/bscap412.html

2 hiveships. Chaya likely destroyed them. She already did so in the past.

Back to 12.

The2ndQuest
August 13th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Alrighty, I've reincluded them.

ste
November 13th, 2008, 02:33 PM
i wonder what the kill count is up to now, its been a while since this was looked at

SGAtlantisP60
November 16th, 2008, 02:25 PM
who know what the count is now??????

ste
November 17th, 2008, 08:35 AM
we we heard that the replicators took out atleast 12

they also got one by crashing it into that base

two hives also got distroyed over the new atlantis planet, one was todd's hive

to thats another 15