Hive ship kill count...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hive ship kill count...

Just wondering how many hive ships have been blown up by Atlantis and co. so far? Weren't there 30+ in one 'quadrant' of the galaxy alone?

Thx.
    sigpic

One, there were 60+ in our quadrent of space alone, and indications of others elsewhere.

Two, I think I heard somewhere we're up to 8. ((I could be wrong, and this isn't counting cruisers...))

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

7 if I remember correctly.
      Spoiler:

They blew up 1 in Rising Pt. I with the ancient satellite weapon.

They blew up 4 in Rising Pt. III. One with a nuke on board a cloaked PJ, and Three others by teleporting nukes aboard the hives with the Daedalus' Asgard teleporters.

Two more were destroyed in The Hive when the team got the two ships to fire on each other.
      Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
        Spoiler:

They blew up 4 in Rising Pt. III. One with a nuke on board a cloaked PJ, and Three others by teleporting nukes aboard the hives with the Daedalus' Asgard teleporters.

Two more were destroyed in The Hive when the team got the two ships to fire on each other.
        You mean Siege part 1 and 3.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
          You mean Siege part 1 and 3.
          Yep.
          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Also 2 in Aurora, right?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperspace
              Also 2 in Aurora, right?
              The Wraith ships in "Aurora" were just scouts, I don't think they were full hives.
              "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
              " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
              Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
                One, there were 60+ in our quadrent of space alone, and indications of others elsewhere.

Two, I think I heard somewhere we're up to 8. ((I could be wrong, and this isn't counting cruisers...))
                1) That is wrong! There is at least 21 in the same quadrant of the Pegasus galaxy as them. There is a total of 60 Hive ships in the entire Pegasus galaxy at the very least.

http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/s...hiveship.shtml

There are currently 8 Hive ships that have been taken out so far.

1 in 'The Siege I'.
                5 in 'The Siege III'
                (1 with the Jumper & 4 with the beaming tech before it became blocked)
                2 in 'The Hive'

That's all for the Hive ships.

Cruisers it's hard to tell, in 'The Siege I' when the Hive ship went up. We don't know if it's accompanying Cruisers were taken out with it. As well as the 5 in 'The Siege III'.

So I don't really think that you can get a 100% accurate reading of how many Cruisers have been taken out.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate
                  The Wraith ships in "Aurora" were just scouts, I don't think they were full hives.
                  They were referring to the 2 Cruisers that was taken out by the explosion.

Comment

So we have managed to destroy 8/60th or (1/7.5th of the fleet) hive ships without having any decent ships like aurora. So why did the ancients lose, if they only had to wipe out another 60 hive ships.

There must either be lots more than 60 or the ancients were close to winning but didn't realise how close they were.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevos
                      So we have managed to destroy 8/60th or (1/7.5th of the fleet) hive ships without having any decent ships like aurora. So why did the ancients lose, if they only had to wipe out another 60 hive ships.

There must either be lots more than 60 or the ancients were close to winning but didn't realise how close they were.
                      The ancients didnt win the war as they were a passive race, they didnt go out and attack the wraith. they just sat back and waited for the wraith to attack them, or any of their 'protected planets'.

The ancients were also very much outnumbered by the wraith which wouldnt of helped matters. As far as ships are concerned, the wraith may 'only' have 60 or so ships at any one point, but whats to say they didnt have more 10,000 years ago? What stopped them from building more ships?

Another casing point, the wraith seem to be much harder to kill than your average ancient, which means that in most of the small skirmishes there must have been the wrait would probably suffered far less fatalities and so would probably remained fairly strong in numbers right up untill the end of the war.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                        Spoiler:

and we damaged the one in rising when the c4 detonated in it. But we cant tell if it did any serious damage

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                          and we damaged the one in rising when the c4 detonated in it. But we cant tell if it did any serious damage
                          It must not have been too seriously damaged as it managed to leave the planet by the time the team returned in '38 Minutes', that is if I am correctly remembering that as being the same planet and hive ship.

Also, it would be interesting to know how many hive ships the ancients were able to destroy during their war with the wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Gateboy13
                            It must not have been too seriously damaged as it managed to leave the planet by the time the team returned in '38 Minutes', that is if I am correctly remembering that as being the same planet and hive ship.
                            it did leave, but if it was too damaged it may have only left to get repaired or stripped for parts.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X