This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Production Error...

I haven't seen anyone post this but after the city rises and the doctor goes outside and talks to the military person(forget his name). You see a plotted plant with no leaves... looks like a tree. Love to know how a tree lives that long under water and stays in the pot
    Last edited by Visno; 11 February 2008, 03:01 AM.

maby it was an ancient tree. HAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by Visno
      I haven't seen anyone post this but after the city rises and the docotor goes outside and talks to the military person(forget his name). You see a plotted planet with no leaves... looks like a tree. Love to know how a tree lives that long under water and stays in the pot
      Hmmm. I noticed this too, but forgot to post about it. Yes, it definitely looked like a tree or something that was potted on the outside balcony. Very strange indeed. Perhaps the force shield originally was like a bubble that was "around" the city, and that tree was protected by it. As energy was lost, the shield slowly colapsed coming in closer and closer till it was just barely around the structure. (Shield colapsing borrowed from a Season 7 episode, the one where Nevil and Pallan was in, which funnily enough, that actor reappears in Atlantis again too!)

Comment

im sticking with the ancient tree theroy

Comment

If humans are descendants of the Ancients maybe Ancient trees are descendants of earth trees. Maybe it is part of that "seeding planets with human life" thing.

Comment

Simple, it's....

The Waterproof Tree of the Ancients.
            Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

Comment

Originally posted by Avalar
              Simple, it's....

The Waterproof Tree of the Ancients.

Here is a pic of it!

Comment

lol. I didn;t even notice that. We should submit these goofs to TV Tome.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I've got a theory, maybe it's ancient sea weed that got dragged up when the city surfaced
                  Last edited by Sargent Prendegast; 18 July 2004, 05:54 PM. Reason: original sounded goofy
                  Dr. McKay "You need to get out more."
                  Dr. Beckett "We're in another galaxy, how much more out can you get!?"

Comment

I always assumed the forcefield was a bubble around the city. What are you guys thinking?
                    "If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh." -

Comment

Originally posted by WraithKing
                      I always assumed the forcefield was a bubble around the city. What are you guys thinking?
                      It should be, from the openning scene, theres a dome shield around the city and it shows a Puddle-Jumper flying through it. Also later on when Peter shows Weir that a shield collapses, bubbles rise.
                      *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                      McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

The forcefield should have protected the balcony, or at least it could have. No sunlight=no leaves. On the other hand, the tree in question looks like petrified wood or driftwood...the kind of wood you get from being underwater a long, long time. (um...that didn't come out right )

However, in addition to millions of years underwater and said tree, you need mud to make petrified wood. I didn't see any mud on the balcony, so I'm voting for the Waterproof Tree of the Ancients. Either that, or the team brought some foliage along to make the place more "homey" and ran outside and placed it there as soon as they surfaced. Uh-huh...
                        Last edited by Anthro Girl; 18 July 2004, 07:21 PM. Reason: spellink err...
                        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                        once done, cannot be undone...
                        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

It could've been a goof by the directors.

Or a techno-organic tree that can be programed to look like any plant they want.Yea, that would be cool.

Comment

Another error I noticed. When they sent the MALP from earth, you could see it lifting off the ramp like it was hanging on something.

Comment

Yea, I saw that, made it seem like someone was under it and crawling up the ramp with the shell of a malp on his back

Comment

Working...
                              X