This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could YOU do it?

I was wondering, if you were asked to join the Atlantis team, would you go, knowing that you might not ever see your friends or family again??

Personally, I don't think I'd be able to, I'd much rather be a part of a standard SG team.
    Rocky

Yes, In a second.

Comment

in a heart beat.

you can always make more friends and what could be more important in doing not only something that will protect your family and your friends but the planet and the galaxy as well

sigpic

Comment

I'd be through the gate before you finished your question.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Man, even if I weren't allowed through, I'd make a run for it like that guy in the commercial for the Stargate sweepstakes.
          *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
          McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
            Man, even if I weren't allowed through, I'd make a run for it like that guy in the commercial for the Stargate sweepstakes.
            Haha...that's what I was thinking. Seriously, though...I'd do it. After a big, honkin' goodbye party. I wonder if they'd let me bring my iPod...
            Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
            O'Neill: Who doesn't?
            - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
            - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
            once done, cannot be undone...
            brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Without thinking. I'm sick of my family. Wouldn't miss em one bit....I've already tried to sever all communication with them (with limitted success I might add)
              sigpic

Comment

Heck ya! Even if we could never get back, we (the team) might be forced to procreate in an attempt for future generations to reach Earth!

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                  Heck ya! Even if we could never get back, we (the team) might be forced to procreate in an attempt for future generations to reach Earth!
                  rofl!
                  sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't. I'd most likely stick to our own galaxy. Maybe visit a few of the friendly planets. Like those quick-aging folks from "Brief Candle," or Jonas' planet, or maybe they could build some condos on the Alpha Site's planet.

If the Atlantis team found a way to come home, and gated back to Earth with the news, then hell yes, I'd be part of the second-wave Atlantis team.
                    It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

If I wasn't married and had children, yes. Since I do, no. I couldn't leave my husband without a spouse and my children without their mom.
                      sigpic

Comment

A chance to study the ancient technologie would make it well worth it. Not to mention you get to meet up with alien girls!! LOL

Comment

I would go but I would have to be presured like Sheppard was

Comment

Originally posted by chiefchucky
                            I would go but I would have to be presured like Sheppard was
                            and even then, it would all come down to a coin toss.
                            It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Under 2 conditions...
                              1) If I had the Ancient gene.
                              2) If they figured out a way to make turkey sandwiches.

Comment

Working...
                              X