PDA

View Full Version : Could YOU do it?

Erik Pasternak
July 18th, 2004, 01:51 PM
I was wondering, if you were asked to join the Atlantis team, would you go, knowing that you might not ever see your friends or family again??

Personally, I don't think I'd be able to, I'd much rather be a part of a standard SG team.

aAnubiSs
July 18th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Yes, In a second.

SaberBlade
July 18th, 2004, 01:55 PM
in a heart beat.

you can always make more friends and what could be more important in doing not only something that will protect your family and your friends but the planet and the galaxy as well

DownFallAngel
July 18th, 2004, 01:55 PM
I'd be through the gate before you finished your question.

EYU86
July 18th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Man, even if I weren't allowed through, I'd make a run for it like that guy in the commercial for the Stargate sweepstakes.

Anthro Girl
July 18th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Man, even if I weren't allowed through, I'd make a run for it like that guy in the commercial for the Stargate sweepstakes.
Haha...that's what I was thinking. Seriously, though...I'd do it. After a big, honkin' goodbye party. I wonder if they'd let me bring my iPod... :rolleyes:

Mio
July 18th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Without thinking. I'm sick of my family. Wouldn't miss em one bit....I've already tried to sever all communication with them (with limitted success I might add)

VirtualCLD
July 18th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Heck ya! Even if we could never get back, we (the team) might be forced to procreate in an attempt for future generations to reach Earth! :D

Mio
July 18th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Heck ya! Even if we could never get back, we (the team) might be forced to procreate in an attempt for future generations to reach Earth! :D
rofl! :D

Manic
July 18th, 2004, 02:33 PM
I wouldn't. I'd most likely stick to our own galaxy. Maybe visit a few of the friendly planets. Like those quick-aging folks from "Brief Candle," or Jonas' planet, or maybe they could build some condos on the Alpha Site's planet.

If the Atlantis team found a way to come home, and gated back to Earth with the news, then hell yes, I'd be part of the second-wave Atlantis team.

IWantToBelieve
July 18th, 2004, 03:37 PM
If I wasn't married and had children, yes. Since I do, no. I couldn't leave my husband without a spouse and my children without their mom.

Blue_Revan
July 18th, 2004, 03:47 PM
A chance to study the ancient technologie would make it well worth it. Not to mention you get to meet up with alien girls!! LOL

chiefchucky
July 18th, 2004, 03:56 PM
I would go but I would have to be presured like Sheppard was

Manic
July 18th, 2004, 04:07 PM
I would go but I would have to be presured like Sheppard was
and even then, it would all come down to a coin toss.

Selmak
July 18th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Under 2 conditions...
1) If I had the Ancient gene.
2) If they figured out a way to make turkey sandwiches.

Racer1441
July 18th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Odd, I was thinking that when I first saw the show. We see the theme, 'stuck away from home', now and then, Voyager for example, but it's almost always a surprize. Knowing it in advance, that's be tricky.

My vote, I'd miss earth things, but i'd feel a duty to do my bit in protecting earth, if they needed me. So, i'm on the fence, see how the next few episodes play out, perhaps some information will sway me, like seeing the square footage of the living quarters everyone finds :)

disforw
July 18th, 2004, 05:17 PM
you know what your right, i would have a hard time leaving. it sound great but when your there its not like you can change your mind

Hellcat
July 18th, 2004, 06:03 PM
I'd be through the gate before you finished your question.
I'm with that :D

Seriously, yes I'd do that.
Even tho I really like and enjoy my life here, there isn't THAT much to loose.
I'm all for the adventure, I'd join the team, yes.

(Of course, not missing the good-bye party also mentioned above ;))

shinyredpants
July 18th, 2004, 06:36 PM
ooh...thats a real tough one...i would do it though...i couldnt live with myself if i didnt...

vikingjedi
July 18th, 2004, 11:23 PM
If I didnt know about the wraith then I would go. It would be hard leaving my family behind though.

If I knew about the wraith, then I would probably have to say no. Going to another galaxy without having a way home facing an advanced species that has no problem eating you for dinner? Not a good idea.

aaobuttons
July 19th, 2004, 12:29 AM
If I was single, and I had the techie smarts I would go, it would be a great adventure. But since I'm married with a kid I'd have to say no. I couldn't leave them. I wouldn't want to leave them.

Hellcat
July 19th, 2004, 12:42 AM
If I knew about the wraith, then I would probably have to say no. Going to another galaxy without having a way home facing an advanced species that has no problem eating you for dinner? Not a good idea.
So, where whould then the fun be ;)

Janus
July 19th, 2004, 02:13 AM
Yes, I would go.
My family wouldn't be happy about it, but I wouldn't care.
Not that I wouldn't miss them, of course I would.
But, as someone once put it:

The good of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

And that's why I'd go.

Lostinmyownvoid
July 19th, 2004, 02:33 AM
Two words: Hell Yes!
I think getting to mess with technolofy beyond our understanding would be cool and right about now i could use a change I've been feeling so, so... entropic lately.

aAnubiSs
July 19th, 2004, 03:28 AM
I would go even if I knew about the Wraith. Never been afraid of death, and not planning on becoming afraid of death anytime soon :)

Erik Pasternak
July 20th, 2004, 10:49 PM
I would go even if I knew about the Wraith. Never been afraid of death, and not planning on becoming afraid of death anytime soon :)You don't fear death, but you fear me? What sort of person are you?

ylai
July 20th, 2004, 11:15 PM
You don't fear death, but you fear me? What sort of person are you?
Well, the question could also be: What are YOU? ;-)

Erik Pasternak
July 20th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Well, the question could also be: What are YOU? ;-)What am I? What am I, you say? I AM FEAR.