This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prior virus cure? spoilers

On Earth, the Tok'ra Thoran arrives with word of O'Neill's fate. His life was saved from a mysterious virus when he was blended with the Tok'ra Kanan ("Frozen"). But a few days ago, O'Neill/Kanan walked out of the Tok'ra base and through the Stargate without explanation. The Tok'ra blame O'Neill; SG-1 thinks Kanan seized control of his host and used him.

anyia had that virus and a tokra snake cured him. so tretonin????

NO.
    Spoiler:
    Self sacrifice, Gerak's self sacrifice!
    School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
      NO.
      Spoiler:
      Self sacrifice, Gerak's self sacrifice!
      SPOILER (highlight below)
      And from that, they isolated an antibody and merged that with Orlin's formula and made a cure that could be further distributed.

Comment

Tretonin while being able to sustain and posibly even improve the Jaffa/human immune system, it lacks the healing powers of an actuall symbiote.

Perfecto!

Comment

no they used it on that sodan dude in babylon and he healed up nice. it's exactly like having the symbiote. even the dying if off it. they could've done that. but imagine the 6 billion people at drug companies (or government) mercy? it'd be a waste

Comment

Originally posted by Johnquixote
            SPOILER (highlight below)
            And from that, they isolated an antibody and merged that with Orlin's formula and made a cure that could be further distributed.
            Yep, exactly!
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Tretonin heals like the symbiote would but i dont think the person benefits from increased strength and other abilities the Jaffa have demonstrated.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                Tretonin heals like the symbiote would but i dont think the person benefits from increased strength and other abilities the Jaffa have demonstrated.
                As far as we know, and haven't suffered GREATLY in the region of strengh/abilities!

I am sure they still retain them. It's just a psycological blow.

Originally posted by Major_Griff
                Tretonin while being able to sustain and posibly even improve the Jaffa/human immune system, it lacks the healing powers of an actuall symbiote.
                Also, you probably have to be implanted with a Goa'uld ( and let the snake alter the human physiology ) before beginning to use Tretonin.
                It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

The people in "Cure" (Panagar?) were never implanted, they just took the tretonin. It has healing powers, but I doubt they are anywhere near as potent as those of a symbiote.
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Sorry...good point...

But also, I was reffering too, how :T and Bra'tac didn't loose their strength.

The tretonin is no replacment for a living, breathing, alien organism with which you have a symbiotic relationship.

The Tretonin provides the more powerful immunal response but without the initial symbiote, it probably can't make you as super-strong as T or Bray.....

Of course, all of what I said, could be meaningless....anywhooo
                    Last edited by jazz!; 08 January 2006, 12:51 PM.
                    It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori

jaffa don't strength from snakes they're bred like that

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                        The people in "Cure" (Panagar?) were never implanted, they just took the tretonin. It has healing powers, but I doubt they are anywhere near as potent as those of a symbiote.

it's been further refined since them

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                          jaffa don't strength from snakes they're bred like that
                          You may want to rewatch season 7's episode 'Orpheus'. Here's the spicific quote:

TEAL'C: "Weakness. We use one word for both, for if one is weak, one may as well be dead."

JACKSON: "You're talkin' about the Tretonin."

TEAL'C: "In the beginning I believed it to be the answer of liberation for all Jaffa from the Goa'uld and the reliance on symbiotes. But as soon as I began to take it, things changed. I felt my capability was being compromised, but I said nothing, hoping the effects were only temporary and my strength would return. It did not."

Comment

I agree with the above poster, however the refinement of Tretonin may have remedied this - if Tretonin made Jaffa too weak, they would never have take it.

Tretonin cannot be used as a cure for the general public, as it is probably essential to be implanted with a Goa'uld before being treated with Tretonin.

Comment

no that's just psycological a snake doesn't give jaffa strenth they already have it

Comment

Working...
                              X