Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sliced DVD spines, anyone else have / notice this prob?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sliced DVD spines, anyone else have / notice this prob?

Looking at my four seasons of Stargate SG1 boxsets... ive noticed something disturbing, on all four there are minor cuts that run along the individual DVD cases. They range from 2 dvd cases to all 5... I think I know why too... when the people at the store are cutting the shipping boxes open they are pressing too deep with the knife and scoring the DVD boxsets inside. This should mean only the boxes on the top would have this, which makes me very unlucky . Anyone else notice this on their DVD boxsets?

I collect the Official DVD collection with the magazine and I have noticed that on a few of them, part of the cellofane stuff that they wrap the DVD in is actually glued to the case and I once tried to get it off and I ended up buying a new case for it 'cos it ripped the whole cover off it

Comment

I checked over my sets, didn't see anything.

Comment

I think I know why too... when the people at the store are cutting the shipping boxes open they are pressing too deep with the knife and scoring the DVD boxsets inside.
        Aha! Interesting. I haven't ever had this problem with my SG1 disks, but it does explain why my boxed set of S1: Waking The Dead a friend got me for Christmas from Amazon had its spine cut!

Gits!

Thanks for the info!

Albion
        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

They should include more padding in those boxes.

Comment

Working...
          X