This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US grants patent for anti-gravity device

Accusations that the US Patent office is giving out dotty patents were given some credence when the watchdog had just granted one to a bloke who claimed to have invented an anti-gravity machine.

Boris Volfson, of Huntington, is the proud holder of patent 6,960,975, which is for a a space vehicle propelled by a superconducting shield that alters the curvature of space-time outside the craft in a way that counteracts gravity.

The interesting thing about the invention is that it defies the laws of physics and is put in the same league as a perpetual motion machine.

The main problem with inventing such a machine is that it implies the availability of unlimited energy, which it is unlikely that Mr Volfson has managed to do yet.

The American Physical Society said it proved that the patent examiners are being duped by false science.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...S=PN/6,960,975
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

lol what can you do?
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Kool! we're one step closer to finding the Stargate and defeating the Gou'ald

Comment

hehe or we are one step closer to ''trying'' to find a unlimited energy source...remember what happened when the alterans tried that???(trinity)
        tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
        yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
        Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RA the sun god
          hehe or we are one step closer to ''trying'' to find a unlimited energy source...remember what happened when the alterans tried that???(trinity)
          Is that the S2 ep?

If so, lets just hope the results aren't repeated

Comment

It sounds cool, but i dont think we're aywhere near that kind of tech, hopefully im wrong
            The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
              It sounds cool, but i dont think we're aywhere near that kind of tech, hopefully im wrong
              wot do you mean we're no where near that kind of tech, I go to uni in my anti-gravity vehicle everyday...Oh yeah thats the bus, sorry

Hopefully you're wrong

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
                wot do you mean we're no where near that kind of tech, I go to uni in my anti-gravity vehicle everyday...Oh yeah thats the bus, sorry

Hopefully you're wrong
                lol, watch now these people that claim they have blueprints or invented cool new tech that arent listened to really have invented it and all they needed was some funding, but everybody thought they were crazy or didnt understand the science (it could be a new form of science )
                The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                  lol, watch now these people that claim they have blueprints or invented cool new tech that arent listened to really have invented it and all they needed was some funding, but everybody thought they were crazy or didnt understand the science (it could be a new form of science )
                  Id fund 'em all if I had the money but they probly WUD all be crazy and by the end of what is promised to be an anti-gravity machine, I wud have no money left whatsoever.

Comment

can they take the patent off him if they prove there is no way it can work?

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                      Why have you created one?

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                        The US patent office isn't concerned whether or not it will ever work.
                        The US patent office is only concerned whether or not the idea is new and original, and specific enough.
                        "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum
                          The American Physical Society said it proved that the patent examiners are being duped by false science.
                          LOL The American Physical Society needs to get its collective head out of its collective rear. "False science"..... pffft! If the man wants to patent his theory/fantasy, then why shouldn't he? That's what's so absolutely great about intellectual freedom, if you ask me. Science is an artform, after all.

I love it! Thanks for posting this GA.

minigeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Kool! we're one step closer to finding the Stargate and defeating the Gou'ald
                            Actually, if this patent doesn't get thrown out as it probably should, it'll only hamper further research into antigravity devices. I'd say its more of a hamstringing than a step in any direction.

Comment

Interesting idea, who knows one day , with a Z.P.M attached it could work

Comment

Working...
                              X