Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in ships and role-play toys from DST?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest in ships and role-play toys from DST?

How many people here would like to see role-play toys for the Stargate line from DST? Art ASylum has done a great job with the Star Trek role-play toys and DSST could easily ask them to create some similar items for Stargate. I think a perfect two-piece set would be a zat gun and a GDO. What do you think? What other pieces of tech from the world of Stargate would you like to see made?

How about ships and models? Now there are two routes that DST can go as far as ships. A lower end electroinc toy in the $30 range, like what Art Asylum and DST does with the Star Trek ships, and a high end model with upgraded electronics and detail in the $200 range, like Art Asylum's upcoming Battlestar Galactica BSG-75 model. Which would you prefer to see?

Are you the representative of one of these companies?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

No. Just wanted to see how everyone else feels about the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by knightone
        How many people here would like to see role-play toys for the Stargate line from DST? Art ASylum has done a great job with the Star Trek role-play toys and DSST could easily ask them to create some similar items for Stargate. I think a perfect two-piece set would be a zat gun and a GDO. What do you think? What other pieces of tech from the world of Stargate would you like to see made?
        What do you mean by role playing toys? for you or for the new figures being released because they have made zat guns and GDO's for the figures. If its for the figures maybe I would like to see transport rings for if they made some ships

Originally posted by knightone
        How about ships and models? Now there are two routes that DST can go as far as ships. A lower end electroinc toy in the $30 range, like what Art Asylum and DST does with the Star Trek ships, and a high end model with upgraded electronics and detail in the $200 range, like Art Asylum's upcoming Battlestar Galactica BSG-75 model. Which would you prefer to see?
        I would prefer the ships in the lower range, but I think it would be better if they made them without any stupid noises on them, because it would take the whole collectible and detail thing away from them. Id prefer if they made more effort in the detail than the electronics and sound effects.

It would be kool if you were a representitive of DST because at least you would be concerned with the thoughts of the fans

Comment

I would love to see a zat that can open and close with sound effects!

Comment

No, not accessories for the figures. By "role-play" toy, I mean a life-sized replica of a prop from the show that you can play with, display, customize, etc. It would have electronics and replicate some actions of the real props as seen on screen, like HirogenGator's aforementioned sugggestion of the zat probably being able to spring open and have sound and light effects.
            Last edited by knightone; 07 January 2006, 05:33 PM.

Comment

i would LOVE toys like that
              especially as someone mentioned, something like a working zat
              - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
                i would LOVE toys like that
                especially as someone mentioned, something like a working zat
                What? you dont have a working zat

I'd like to have one of the 'toys' with upgraded electronics and detail
                I'd be the first person to buy them
                The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                  What? you dont have a working zat
                  you mean to say you do??
                  you know what your parents taught you as a kid, to share your toys and all....gimme gimme ....please
                  - Simon

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
                    you mean to say you do??
                    you know what your parents taught you as a kid, to share your toys and all....gimme gimme ....please
                    Well if i told ya, i'd have to zat ya(twice) and Ill get in trouble with the SGC )
                    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                      Well if i told ya, i'd have to zat ya(twice) and Ill get in trouble with the SGC )
                      ohhh the SGC cant possibly be watching every single one of the aliens thats escaped off base with a zat surely

small price to pay anyway, giving me a zat would be benficial to the planet, trust me *uber evil laugh*
                      - Simon

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

Comment

I want a staff weapon! Definitely, one with the opening end. Then I can upgrade it so it actually works.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The problem with a staff weapon is the size. I mentioned phaser rifles for the Trek role-play line to DST elsewhere and they pretty much said that items as large as that don't stand a chance of being considered. A toy line would have to be extremely popular and show extremely strong customer support for such large sized items to be produced. Some factors that effect that, I believe, are: will customers pay the extra cost necessary for larger role-play toys, just how many customers are willing/wanting to buy items of such size, will retailers that have storefronts dedicate the necessary space for such large items, and how difficult/expensive will it be to ship them.

BTW, the fifth man, what exactly do you mean by "upgrade so that it actually works"? What exactly are you planning on shooting out the end of that staff weapon?
                          Last edited by knightone; 08 January 2006, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Well you dont need to buy one...I got one from the SGC, Martin sneaked one out for me

Comment

Wow. this thread went nowhere fast!

Comment

Working...
                              X