PDA

View Full Version : Interest in ships and role-play toys from DST?

knightone
January 6th, 2006, 11:52 PM
How many people here would like to see role-play toys for the Stargate line from DST? Art ASylum has done a great job with the Star Trek role-play toys and DSST could easily ask them to create some similar items for Stargate. I think a perfect two-piece set would be a zat gun and a GDO. What do you think? What other pieces of tech from the world of Stargate would you like to see made?

How about ships and models? Now there are two routes that DST can go as far as ships. A lower end electroinc toy in the $30 range, like what Art Asylum and DST does with the Star Trek ships, and a high end model with upgraded electronics and detail in the $200 range, like Art Asylum's upcoming Battlestar Galactica BSG-75 model. Which would you prefer to see?

Qasim
January 6th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Are you the representative of one of these companies?

knightone
January 7th, 2006, 12:38 AM
No. Just wanted to see how everyone else feels about the subject.

WraithWarrior
January 7th, 2006, 06:10 AM
How many people here would like to see role-play toys for the Stargate line from DST? Art ASylum has done a great job with the Star Trek role-play toys and DSST could easily ask them to create some similar items for Stargate. I think a perfect two-piece set would be a zat gun and a GDO. What do you think? What other pieces of tech from the world of Stargate would you like to see made?

What do you mean by role playing toys? for you or for the new figures being released because they have made zat guns and GDO's for the figures. If its for the figures maybe I would like to see transport rings for if they made some ships

How about ships and models? Now there are two routes that DST can go as far as ships. A lower end electroinc toy in the $30 range, like what Art Asylum and DST does with the Star Trek ships, and a high end model with upgraded electronics and detail in the $200 range, like Art Asylum's upcoming Battlestar Galactica BSG-75 model. Which would you prefer to see?

I would prefer the ships in the lower range, but I think it would be better if they made them without any stupid noises on them, because it would take the whole collectible and detail thing away from them. Id prefer if they made more effort in the detail than the electronics and sound effects.

It would be kool if you were a representitive of DST because at least you would be concerned with the thoughts of the fans

HirogenGater
January 7th, 2006, 10:51 AM
I would love to see a zat that can open and close with sound effects!

knightone
January 7th, 2006, 05:28 PM
No, not accessories for the figures. By "role-play" toy, I mean a life-sized replica of a prop from the show that you can play with, display, customize, etc. It would have electronics and replicate some actions of the real props as seen on screen, like HirogenGator's aforementioned sugggestion of the zat probably being able to spring open and have sound and light effects.

Nem2k
January 7th, 2006, 07:41 PM
i would LOVE toys like that :D
especially as someone mentioned, something like a working zat :D

Eoin
January 7th, 2006, 08:15 PM
i would LOVE toys like that :D
especially as someone mentioned, something like a working zat :D
What? you dont have a working zat :eek: :P

I'd like to have one of the 'toys' with upgraded electronics and detail
I'd be the first person to buy them :D

Nem2k
January 7th, 2006, 08:19 PM
What? you dont have a working zat :eek: :P

you mean to say you do??
you know what your parents taught you as a kid, to share your toys and all....gimme gimme :D ....please :D

Eoin
January 7th, 2006, 08:22 PM
you mean to say you do??
you know what your parents taught you as a kid, to share your toys and all....gimme gimme :D ....please :D
Well if i told ya, i'd have to zat ya(twice) and Ill get in trouble with the SGC :P)

Nem2k
January 7th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Well if i told ya, i'd have to zat ya(twice) and Ill get in trouble with the SGC :P)

ohhh the SGC cant possibly be watching every single one of the aliens thats escaped off base with a zat surely :rolleyes:

small price to pay anyway, giving me a zat would be benficial to the planet, trust me :D *uber evil laugh*

the fifth man
January 7th, 2006, 10:03 PM
I want a staff weapon! Definitely, one with the opening end. Then I can upgrade it so it actually works.

knightone
January 8th, 2006, 12:16 AM
The problem with a staff weapon is the size. I mentioned phaser rifles for the Trek role-play line to DST elsewhere and they pretty much said that items as large as that don't stand a chance of being considered. A toy line would have to be extremely popular and show extremely strong customer support for such large sized items to be produced. Some factors that effect that, I believe, are: will customers pay the extra cost necessary for larger role-play toys, just how many customers are willing/wanting to buy items of such size, will retailers that have storefronts dedicate the necessary space for such large items, and how difficult/expensive will it be to ship them.

BTW, the fifth man, what exactly do you mean by "upgrade so that it actually works"? What exactly are you planning on shooting out the end of that staff weapon? ;)

WraithWarrior
January 8th, 2006, 05:17 AM
Well you dont need to buy one...I got one from the SGC, Martin sneaked one out for me

knightone
January 17th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Wow. this thread went nowhere fast!

HirogenGater
January 18th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Wow. this thread went nowhere fast!

Yeah, I am have been trying to think of other things I would like. A staff weapon, but that's out. There is that TER but that may also be too big. The jaffa grenades are cool but I don't know if those would sell.

Maybe a life sized replicator bug? Actually make it out of replicator connector blocks? Or just a poseable replicator? Oh wait, what about that Goa’uld hand device and that Healing device? I would definitely like those.

the fifth man
January 18th, 2006, 11:44 PM
I would definitely like DST to consider ships though. I would love to have a Prometheus or Daedalus, or a Goa'uld Ha'tak.

HirogenGater
January 19th, 2006, 02:26 PM
I would definitely like DST to consider ships though. I would love to have a Prometheus or Daedalus, or a Goa'uld Ha'tak.

I would too; however, I like a smaller scale so I have more shelf space. I always like the Star Trek and Star Wars Micro Machine line. It'd be great to have Stargate ships to add to my collection.

knightone
January 19th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Hopefully, Hasbro's Titanium SG toys will sell well enough to warrant more SG based toys be made for that line.

I think the idea of Replicators and hand devices is great. Perfect additions to a potential line like this. I bet a Replicator toy would be cool for all those people with airsoft P90s. They could buy a horde of them and pretend to be fighting through the waves of Replicators! ;)

WraithWarrior
January 21st, 2006, 06:27 AM
Hopefully, Hasbro's Titanium SG toys will sell well enough to warrant more SG based toys be made for that line.

I think the idea of Replicators and hand devices is great. Perfect additions to a potential line like this. I bet a Replicator toy would be cool for all those people with airsoft P90s. They could buy a horde of them and pretend to be fighting through the waves of Replicators! ;)

Brilliant, lots of replicators in my room, I could freak people out by putting them in stupid places in my house :samanime27:

:replicatoranime01: :replicatoranime01: :replicatoranime01: :replicatoranime01: :jack_new_anime25:

HirogenGater
January 21st, 2006, 10:32 AM

I hope so, I would like this line to take off.

I'd like to see that! I don't know how I would explain that scenario to my wife. Luckily, we hare having a child so when they get older I can just say if my wife asks, we are just playing around. A grown man trying to explain situation that to his wife might look silly.

Anyone here actually get a BDU shirt and pant set and put the Stargate patches on it like me? Or am I alone on this?

po134
January 21st, 2006, 10:46 AM
Waaa ships would be a great idea !

a goa'uld mothership ... tau'ri mothership ... asgard mothership ... and maybe the ancient city of atlantis ?

WraithWarrior
January 21st, 2006, 12:29 PM
I hope so, I would like this line to take off.

I'd like to see that! I don't know how I would explain that scenario to my wife. Luckily, we hare having a child so when they get older I can just say if my wife asks, we are just playing around. A grown man trying to explain situation that to his wife might look silly.

Anyone here actually get a BDU shirt and pant set and put the Stargate patches on it like me? Or am I alone on this?

Not yet (thought about it). Ive got a camo jacket and camo trousers but I think Im gonna get some patches and put them on a Black BDU jacket (I think it looks better)

Waaa ships would be a great idea !

a goa'uld mothership ... tau'ri mothership ... asgard mothership ... and maybe the ancient city of atlantis ?

I know, how kool would they look on a shelf, but unfortunately I dont think they should make them for the figures 'cos they would be quite large and I dont think many people would have the room to put them :S

HirogenGater
January 22nd, 2006, 10:28 AM
Now that I think about it more, the Goa'uld hand device would be great to have. Fan made Goa'uld Lord costumes could finally be complete. Well, the may still need that voice synthesizer.

WraithWarrior
January 22nd, 2006, 11:26 AM
Now that I think about it more, the Goa'uld hand device would be great to have. Fan made Goa'uld Lord costumes could finally be complete. Well, the may still need that voice synthesizer.

Still cant find one of them, I heard that there are devices available that change the voice into Gou'ald, I mean there was one used in Proving Ground when SG-1 were training the SG recruits (dont know whether it was a null prop that they synthesized the voice with after but hey)

I also think a hand device would be a good idea

knightone
January 22nd, 2006, 01:34 PM
The voice synthesizer used in SG1 was just a prop. They altered the voice in post production. There are portable devices that can change your voice, but I think size and cost is a real world limitation. At best, it would not be a small device easily hidden like on the show, it would have a box you wear on your belt with the speaker, power supply, and electronics and have a throat mic you'd wear around your neck. The mic could be wireless, i imagine. The technology exists, I'm certain, but I don't think a specific device like this exists yet just because it serves no practical purpose. I'm sure if the market demanded it, it could be produced for a Stargate license by someone.

BTW, as far as uniforms and such, anyone ever check out Stargate Shop (http://www.stargate6.com/shop.htm)? They cater to Stargate costuming fans. Also check out the ASAP prop boards (http://p082.ezboard.com/bpropreplicas). They have a Stargate section that has subsections for costumes, props, etc.

HirogenGater
January 22nd, 2006, 03:31 PM
The voice synthesizer used in SG1 was just a prop. They altered the voice in post production. There are portable devices that can change your voice, but I think size and cost is a real world limitation. At best, it would not be a small device easily hidden like on the show, it would have a box you wear on your belt with the speaker, power supply, and electronics and have a throat mic you'd wear around your neck. The mic could be wireless, i imagine. The technology exists, I'm certain, but I don't think a specific device like this exists yet just because it serves no practical purpose. I'm sure if the market demanded it, it could be produced for a Stargate license by someone.

BTW, as far as uniforms and such, anyone ever check out Stargate Shop (http://www.stargate6.com/shop.htm)? They cater to Stargate costuming fans. Also check out the ASAP prop boards (http://p082.ezboard.com/bpropreplicas). They have a Stargate section that has subsections for costumes, props, etc.

I belong the SG Command website also. It was there, that I learned how to get the Stargate costumes. At the moment I have,

Blue BDU outfit with patches - still trying to fade them a bit so they match the show.

Olive Drab BDU outfit with patches.

1 Black Cloth WEP Stargate Jacket with patches - I love this thing! I'm such a nerd, I feel like a part of SG-1 in it. I constantly am humming the Stargate theme while wearing it. :)

I also have one unpainted closed zat. Still trying to get that Staff Weapon!!!

There was reports of some type of devce being sold at Halloween costume shops that changed your voice, similar to the Goa'uld. I heard that it wasn't very good. I read that on:
http://www.sg-command.net/

WraithWarrior
January 23rd, 2006, 02:39 AM

Thought as much, oh well. Guess Ill have to make one then :D

Ive been on that site before but never saw all that stuff, I like the new AEG(the top one) that looks kool.

I belong the SG Command website also. It was there, that I learned how to get the Stargate costumes. At the moment I have,

Blue BDU outfit with patches - still trying to fade them a bit so they match the show.

Olive Drab BDU outfit with patches.

1 Black Cloth WEP Stargate Jacket with patches - I love this thing! I'm such a nerd, I feel like a part of SG-1 in it. I constantly am humming the Stargate theme while wearing it.

I also have one unpainted closed zat. Still trying to get that Staff Weapon!!!

There was reports of some type of devce being sold at Halloween costume shops that changed your voice, similar to the Goa'uld. I heard that it wasn't very good. I read that on:
http://www.sg-command.net/

Kool, Im thinkin of gettin a black bdu and puttin patches on. Where did you get the zat from? You can change your voice using CoolEdit2000, I tried it but I could only get hold of a trial version, so I couldnt complete the voice change :(

HirogenGater
January 23rd, 2006, 10:23 AM
Thought as much, oh well. Guess Ill have to make one then :D

Ive been on that site before but never saw all that stuff, I like the new AEG(the top one) that looks kool.

Kool, Im thinkin of gettin a black bdu and puttin patches on. Where did you get the zat from? You can change your voice using CoolEdit2000, I tried it but I could only get hold of a trial version, so I couldnt complete the voice change :(

There was a seller on ebay selling one. I lost the auction, but took a chance and emailed him. He sold me one for cheaper than the auction ended! Still have to paint it though. My goal now, is to find an open zat.

The Black BDU outfit sounds cool. ;)

knightone
January 23rd, 2006, 10:49 AM
The top AEG is a replica of a XM8. The XM8 was tested as a possible replacement to the M16. The project was scrapped, however. Have they ever used the XM8 on either show?

HirogenGater
January 23rd, 2006, 11:53 AM
The top AEG is a replica of a XM8. The XM8 was tested as a possible replacement to the M16. The project was scrapped, however. Have they ever used the XM8 on either show?

I don't recall ever seeing it onscreen.

knightone
February 2nd, 2006, 01:28 AM
Well, it seems DST doesn't have role-play toys included in their license according to the new Q&A. :(

WraithWarrior
February 2nd, 2006, 01:32 AM
Well, it seems DST doesn't have role-play toys included in their license according to the new Q&A. :(

I know, aint it a shame. They also said that it would unlikely that they will create a figure sized death glider or the gate room, etc. I was looking forward to buying them :(

HirogenGater
February 2nd, 2006, 06:52 AM

Darn.

I have heard that Legends is planning on selling Staff and Zats. I have no idea what they will cost. They used t cost $1000 for a Staff, and $350 for a Zat. Maybe we'll get lucky and they will be more affordable.

HirogenGater
February 2nd, 2006, 06:54 AM
I know, aint it a shame. They also said that it would unlikely that they will create a figure sized death glider or the gate room, etc. I was looking forward to buying them :(

Looks like we will have to make our own.

WraithWarrior
February 2nd, 2006, 08:12 AM
I was thinkin that but mine will prob end up being made out of cardboard :lol:

I suppose I could make it out of wood

Phantom6
February 8th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Personally I'd love to see ships, anything from mid-sized ships with electronics, Like a Puddle Jumper with pop out thrusters and LED lights, pull them out a bit further and you can see little drones with a yellow LED under them.

Or, in the smaller more displayble vein.

Has anyone seent he Star Trek ships int eh Japanese Furuta line? BEAUTIFUL detail and they just look so awesome, I've got the Defiant and prometheus myself and they're great, SG1/SGA ships like this would ROCK! :zelenka25:

knightone
February 8th, 2006, 06:20 PM
I'm surprised a toy company like AMT/Ertl or Polar Lights hasn't produced SG model kits yet. Or have I just missed them?

WraithWarrior
February 9th, 2006, 01:01 AM
Well like I said hopefully DST will release the ships in the (hopefully near) future, so that we (the fans) are able to get them. I know that the customer base is gonna be good so its just a matter of time:)

HirogenGater
February 9th, 2006, 09:20 AM
I'm surprised a toy company like AMT/Ertl or Polar Lights hasn't produced SG model kits yet. Or have I just missed them?

I haven't seen anything. The only "ships" I know about are a Death Glider and the actual Stargate which will be shipping with the Star Wars Titanium line.

Phantom6
February 9th, 2006, 07:01 PM
There was a Deathglider model released when the movie came out.

WraithWarrior
February 10th, 2006, 03:16 AM
There is also some other models to do with Stargate, but forgot the site for them. I know there is definately a Stargate with Jaffa guarding it, and a Death Glider, there might be an f302(or X302 as it was called then)

knightone
February 10th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Yeah, but those are "fan made" models and not mass produced ones. I was just stating that I'm surprised the Stargate license has taken this long to be picked up by anyone. There should at least been some mass produced model kits for the show by now, but there haven't been. Very surprising.

WraithWarrior
February 10th, 2006, 05:43 AM
^I know, how stupid of companies not to take advantage of this fact, but the models are made from companies but not very big ones, I saw a replicator kit on eBay not long ago

knightone
February 21st, 2006, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE=WraithWarrior...but the models are made from companies but not very big ones, I saw a replicator kit on eBay not long ago[/QUOTE]

Well, the word "companies" in this case can be used loosely. They aren't really companies, just small groups of fans and model makers who produce these "garage" kits. These are unlicensed and procuced in very small quantities. True, there are some large garage kit producers that can be considered established companies, for the most part these are just fans and independents making the kits they would like to see that the toy and model kit companies aren't producing or aren't producing with the quality and attention a fan would demand.

WraithWarrior
February 22nd, 2006, 07:05 AM
At least there are some available though :D but who needs to buy them when we can get them soon from DST and from Legends who will be making replica staff weapons, zats and Im sure I heard somewhere that they will be making replicators

candiceg
February 23rd, 2006, 10:42 PM
I know there are a first and second wave of action figures coming soon, with parts of the stargate with each figure. I think it will be cool if you could have models of both the SG-1 and Atlantis stargates. Then, I love the guns and ships. Wonder if there will be models of the jumpers and the darts with the glowing pink-red ass. If you can get your hands on all the light sabers from Star Wars, then can't we get some toys of zats, P-90s, and especially, Ronan's gun!?

Phantom6
February 24th, 2006, 02:21 AM
I know there are a first and second wave of action figures coming soon, with parts of the stargate with each figure. I think it will be cool if you could have models of both the SG-1 and Atlantis stargates. Then, I love the guns and ships. Wonder if there will be models of the jumpers and the darts with the glowing pink-red ass. If you can get your hands on all the light sabers from Star Wars, then can't we get some toys of zats, P-90s, and especially, Ronan's gun!?

You want a P-90 on the cheap? Type in "Airsoft P-90" on EBAY. there's a ****ton of them with Buy it now for like $40.

Gen. O'Neill
February 24th, 2006, 05:43 AM
all i know is i want a 18" or 19" scale verisons of the prometheus and the daedalus with lights and sounds like the trek ships for sure. i would really want those to happen. :cool:

WraithWarrior
February 24th, 2006, 07:03 AM
The Atlantis figures will be released when they have released so many waves of SG1 figures. I too cant wait for the Atlantis figures and the gate too.

As for the weapons, as Phantom6 said you can get a P90 easily enough and as for zats and staffs, they will very soon be released by Legends at a reasonable price (still to be conformed last time I looked).

The deadulus and other ships are gonna be released by Hasbro's titanium line soon enough, however they wont be having sounds, etc.