This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients Built Atlantis for SGC

This is just my opinion on the whole deal, but I think that the Ancients, using their incredible knowledge and foresight, built and positioned Atlantis for the humans of the SGC to find millions of years after the fact. Why, you ask?

Well, for example, humans learn at an incredible rate (take for example what we accomplished in the 2oth century). Now think about a parent race, such as the Ancients, who are perhaps even more intelligent. Now consider that it must have taken millions of years for the Ancients to evolve into human form and learn enough knowledge in order to build an entire city capable of traveling on an interstellar journey.

We're talking about millions of years worth of knowledge and the city of Atlantis uses push button operation to access control functions and fly ships. Granted, there is the mind integration found on the puddle jumpers, but look how easily Dr. Wier and crew were able to initiate operations in a city built by the Ancient's knowledge. It just seems too "tailor-made" to me, that Sg-A was
    able to stumble into Atlantis and do things such as using and flying a puddle jumper using good 'ole American know-how... What do you think?
    The Gamekeeper: "I told you they would ruin everything.
    First, the garden. Next, the entire
    PLANET!!!"

The Ancients probably added regular controls because they understood that if some descendant found it, not everyone would have the gene.

Comment

Also, the supposed story is that the Wraith were the enemy of the Ancients and were able to defeat them. Well, it couldn't have been in open space battle, just look at how a single puddle jumper was able to destroy an entire squad of Wraith
      fighters.
      PLANET!!!"

Comment

The Ancients were undermanned and not prepared. So they probably didn't have any ships, and only Atlantis as a base of operations. The Wraith were warlike and is probably always looking for stuff to drain lifeforce from. So they were superior in numbers and tactics and all that. The Ancients had better quality, but were ultimatily overrun.

Comment

That plus the plague, everybody forgets the plague that helped wipe out the ancients.

Comment

i don't know. it took O'Neill to get the ancient knowledge, go to another ancient outpost, swipe the power source and then bring it back to earth just to get the chance of learning the location of Atlantis. if they were so smart and planned ahead they should have left a few ZPM's about in case the original died

the Ancients are also very cautious about who uses their technology, if they didn't want the SGC to test the weapon that they discovered in Ascencion then the SGC being in control of Atlantis would be a whole lot worse as information and the technology would be worse than 1 weapon and then there is always what would happen if an enemy like the Goa'uld or the Wraith got their hands on the knowledge which would be even worse.

sigpic

Comment

That's assuming the plague wasn't the reason they left for the Pegasus Galaxy in the first place.
              It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Originally posted by JQuinn
                That's assuming the plague wasn't the reason they left for the Pegasus Galaxy in the first place.
                True enough.

Comment

For example, take a look at how easily O'neil was able to make the replicator-blaster, or replicator de-atonmizer in "The new Order". He used the knowledge put into his mind by the Ancient library device (While he was connected to the Daniel Jackson). I don't know many Earth humans who are efficient at building weapons while fused to an Asgard ship's computer.
                  PLANET!!!"

Comment

Isn't that what the holo-ancient-lady said?

Comment

Also,
                      You've got to keep in mind that there's a reason why Ascended Ancients don't interfere. This could be the reason why the make it difficult, but not impossible for the SGC to suceed.
                      PLANET!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by JQuinn
                        According to the Ascended Daniel Jackson, the plauge the Ancients fell victim
                        too sort of forced them to learn how to ascend.
                        PLANET!!!"

Comment

the ancients made the city for themselves because they couldnt ascend back in the day. they were advanced humans thats it.

Comment

I think it would be cool if the Ancients were actually the decendents of normal humans from hundreds of years in the future. Then some of them were accidently thrown millions of years _back in time_. It could explain how they got so advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You
                              I think it would be cool if the Ancients were actually the decendents of normal humans from hundreds of years in the future. Then some of them were accidently thrown millions of years _back in time_. It could explain how they got so advanced.
                              If that were the case, Atlantis would have definitly had some extra ZPMs, because they would have known about Dr. Weir and her team.
                              Rocky

Comment

Working...
                              X