This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW EPISODES! A Few Reminders

New episodes for SG-1 and Atlantis are now airing every Friday night in the U.S.! This is the first time these episodes of Stargate SG-1 have aired anywhere in the world.

Please keep these forum rules in mind:

1) Watch your SPOILERS. If you have seen an episode and are posting about it anywhere other than GateWorld's officially-designated episode thread, you must include warnings and (preferably) the SPOILER tag to hide the plot bits from innocent eyes. Read the full spoiler policy.

2) Don't make duplicate threads. Every new episode has a dedicated thread for those who have seen it to talk about it. Look in the SG-1 Season Nine > Episodes folder and the Atlantis Season Two > Episodes folder.

Unless your thread topic is distinctly deserving of a stand-alone thread (it deals with more than just an element of this particular episode), the mods will merge your thread into the existing one and write down your name on the Naughty List with the note "Does Not Follow Instructions" for the next parent-teacher conference.

3) No talk about downloading the episodes. For legal reasons, we ask all members not to ask for info on downloading episodes from the Internet, offer them to others, state that you're going to do it, or anything else along those lines. Consider the entire topic forbidden -- both for the public board and the forum's private messaging system.

Thanks! Enjoy the new episodes!
    Last edited by Darren; 08 January 2006, 08:13 PM.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Originally posted by Darren
    (preferably) the SPOILER tag
    Why isnt use of the spoiler tag mandatory?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Because some old school folks might still opt for good ol' fashioned spoiler space. As long as some warning is given and appropriate measures are taken, the Spoiler Gods are satisfied.

Comment

the Spoiler Gods are satisfied.
        Religion in scifi reaches the bulletin boards
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

always good to have the reminder Darren.. cuz gods forbid that we actually forget it at times... we're all human
          sigpic

Comment

Darren, when i clicked this link in the annoucement
            i was sent to this page instead http://www.w3.org/Addressing/
            it may just be a problem with my computer, but i thought others may also experience the problem.

Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
              Darren, when i clicked this link in the annoucement

i was sent to this page instead http://www.w3.org/Addressing/
              it may just be a problem with my computer, but i thought others may also experience the problem.

Thanks for the reminder!
              It's not your computer ... i got the same page.

I've PMed Darren ... hopefully (i've not really used it before)
              Last edited by jonno; 08 January 2006, 08:02 AM.
              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

The correct link is http://forum.gateworld.net/faq.php?f...q_spoilerspace
                love Torri

Comment

Fixed the link. Thanks!

Comment

heh i think we can unstick this now! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                      heh i think we can unstick this now! :-)
                      New episodes start in July. And the pointers in this thread are nearly ALWAYS relevant. The problem is, they tend to be ignored by those who most need to heed them.

Comment

Currently you need spoiler tags for season 9-10 of SG-1 and season 2-3 of Stargate Atlantis.

SPOILERS: You are welcome to post info about episodes that others might not have seen yet, as long as you take precautions not to spoil them. Any thread that contains plot info, surprise developments or character appearances, etc., for episodes in any current or future season, either on either cable or in syndication, must indicate in the first message, or the first message and thread title, that the thread includes spoilers for that episode(s). An example:

An example SPOILERS for "Episode Title" (Season #) below!Include this line and the [spoiler] tag, If you are replying to an existing thread that isn't marked for spoilers from that episode, include this in your post.

example spoiler for season 10 uninvited
                        Spoiler:
                        like i wrote above

to use spoiler tags you can ever use the button or you could type in the VB code manual like this just replace { with [ [spoiler] text {/spoiler] which translates to:
                        Spoiler:
                        this
                        (just replace { with [

the red text also goes for thread title , signatures

for thread title

example of what not to do

OMG Daniel dies of radiation poison in meridian spoilers

you should do one example

Shocking details involving Daniel Meridian spoilers

And as for signatures any pictures that gives away any major plot or character appearance needs to be covered up with spoiler tags.
                        Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 27 September 2006, 04:09 AM.
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

giving this a little kick in the butt considering we have a lot of new members and new episode are airing in over countries.

please use spoiler tags we in the united states have to wait till April.

so please some of us do not ' like to be spoiled.

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                          X