Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to export newer episodes to .txt files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to export newer episodes to .txt files?

Ever since the Troika episode in season two, I have not been able to export the episodes to *.txt files. I don't have the time to sit at the computer and read the episodes, so I used to export them to text files and put them on my Palm Pilot, but I was just about to transfer season two over, when the export option was disabled... Is there some way I can put these on my Palm Pilot without using Adobe? I've tried using Adobe for Palm Pilots, but when I zoom in enough to be able to read it, you can only get 2-3 words on the screen... I would love to be able to read the second season, but I don't have the time to read them on the computer!

Originally posted by Izzy84075
    Ever since the Troika episode in season two, I have not been able to export the episodes to *.txt files. I don't have the time to sit at the computer and read the episodes, so I used to export them to text files and put them on my Palm Pilot, but I was just about to transfer season two over, when the export option was disabled... Is there some way I can put these on my Palm Pilot without using Adobe? I've tried using Adobe for Palm Pilots, but when I zoom in enough to be able to read it, you can only get 2-3 words on the screen... I would love to be able to read the second season, but I don't have the time to read them on the computer!
    Hey Izzy,

Since "Troika" the PDF files have all been secured, meaning they can't be copied or altered in any way. Another reader has been having the same problem a few months ago, when we first started securing the files like this.

But what I can do in this case, is just give you the password that you'll need to extract the files and export them to .txt files. Let me know, and we'll handle the rest through PM.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Why the protection?
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

That'll work. At least you're willing to give me a way to read it, rather than just drop me out in the middle of a not-so-mini-series...

Comment

Its to make sure people don't just nick off with the stuff, but it is nice to see the Horizon folk helping those people out.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The fans are really the only reason for us to work this hard on the show. Of course it's fun to write it, but if no one were reading it, then why worry about release schedules or deadlines?

So, of course we'll try to help everyone, as we do want you to read the episodes.

Comment

Is that why you have to put a link into there for cutpdf.com?
              ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                Is that why you have to put a link into there for cutpdf.com?
                Yeah. Because it's only a trial version so far, it does put that on there, and there's nothing we can do.

Comment

Err, one question... Where do I put the password, now that I've got it?

Comment

Try the Document menu
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

When you now try to export the files, it might ask you for the password. I'm honestly not quite sure how, but the password does enable functions that are otherwise locked; i.e. exporting the file to a text file.

If this doesn't work, I'll look into it, and we'll make sure to definitely figure it out.

Comment

Working...
                      X