Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Smallville' saves the WB

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...g/13527874.htm

Smallville is not only a hit for the WB, the series has given it something it never had before: a solid presence on Thursdays, the most lucrative night for ad revenue.

When the creators of Smallville heard that the WB Network was planning to move their series at the start of this season, they regarded the new time slot much as Superman would a barrel of kryptonite.

''Any time you move a show, it's always dangerous,'' writer-producer Al Gough said over lunch in Burbank, Calif., recently. Gough and his longtime creative partner, Miles Millar, co-created the drama, a free-wheeling prequel to the Superman comic series that envisions Clark Kent as a small-town youth with a busy social life and some eye-popping abilities that couldn't be addressed in your typical gifted-student program.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

I dont think having Smallville on Thursdays will help the network overall though.. The season's average so far compared to UPN is lower, which is pretty bad... Or at least according to zap2it.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I think Smallville is definitely keeping the WB afloat. Well, that and Supernatural too.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I for one am annoyed almost as much as i was last season... I dont know why...
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

While there had been some weak episodes this season (Aquaman I am looking at you) this season has been better in general.
          First the kids have finally graduated HS. 90210ing the actors was not a good idea. Too many things didn't make sense if the 3 were in HS but graduated, (even in college) it is a lot easier to explain a lot of the plotholes of the show away.
          Second Clark and Lana are together. I don't like the character of Lana much (WAY too much Mary Sue) but Clark and Lana are good together. Also pining for someone gets old.
          Third Lex is finaley becoming evil. Or at least starting too. Not sure why it took so long but at least the process is under way.

Comment

Lana is basically why I watch this show.....I am glad the season
            that Lana and Clark get together is a ratings grabber....
            Congrats!!!
            Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              I think Smallville is definitely keeping the WB afloat. Well, that and Supernatural too.
              I don't watch much else on the WB, but I do make it a point to get my weekly dose of Smallville, but since it switched from Wednesday to Thursdays this year I have to set my VCR to record because my mixed league team shoots pool on Thursdays. It might be a tad inconvenient, but if anything, I am faithful to the show.

A few years back I liked to watch a show called: Maybe It's Me. Alas the show has gone along the wayside with others like: Grounded for Life; although I can see the same old reruns on the ABC Family channel, just like Smallville.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

well good means more smallville

Comment

Thats good, too bad I don't get WB here, I would love to watch the show again
                  Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

season 1-2.7 sucked after clark flew for the first time it started getting good and away from the kyrponite freak of the week

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                      season 1-2.7 sucked after clark flew for the first time it started getting good and away from the kyrponite freak of the week
                      Yea, I hate it that Clark flies in his dreams and as Kal, but Clark is still grounded. Just how high did he "jump" when he went after that missile? And did he just allow himself to fall a bunch of miles back to earth, and if he did I'd like to see the impact crater he must have made! He's never bothered to point it out to his folks that he doesn't need oxygen to survive.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                      X