PDA

View Full Version : Ayiana in Atlantis? (minor rising spoilers)

SaberBlade
July 18th, 2004, 05:39 AM
well just in case some of you don't know, Ayiana is a character from an S5 episode of SG-1 called Frozen played by Ona Grauer.

Ayiana was an Ancient in Frozen but the actress who played her also played an ancient in Rising so could both characters be the same?

could the Rising Ancient she played have went to earth sometime after what we saw at the beginning of Atlantis?

aAnubiSs
July 18th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Both were played by Ona Grauer, and both were Ayiana. And it was Season 6, episode 4.

veneticuss
July 18th, 2004, 05:49 AM
Really? I havent even noticed.

IWantToBelieve
July 18th, 2004, 05:56 AM
Yep, it was her. Thought that was kind of a neat continuity thing they threw in there.

CaptDS9E
July 18th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Yep its her. Im actually watching the Episode on DVD right now. Very glad they put her at the start of Atlantis for past story purposes

capt

chiefchucky
July 18th, 2004, 06:32 AM
could the Rising Ancient she played have went to earth sometime after what we saw at the beginning of Atlantis?

I think what we see at the begining was her being left at the out post under orders.

SaberBlade
July 18th, 2004, 07:05 AM
I think what we see at the begining was her being left at the out post under orders.

i think you are right about that.

to me it looked like a part of the city was taking off and not the entire city so i guess that is why i missed that because to me it looked like she was in Atlantis and not left at earth by Atlantis

CaptDS9E
July 18th, 2004, 07:06 AM
She was left in the outpost which was in the middle of atlantis when it took off. If you watch rising again you will notice the city is taking off around a sphere structure

capt

VirtualCLD
July 18th, 2004, 08:25 AM
The control chair in the outpost is in the background at one point. It looked like it served as a landing pad, much like the pyramid did for Ra's ship. ls it me, or did she look worried/concerned/upset/just plain unhappy?

Mio
July 18th, 2004, 08:50 AM
The control chair in the outpost is in the background at one point. It looked like it served as a landing pad, much like the pyramid did for Ra's ship. ls it me, or did she look worried/concerned/upset/just plain unhappy?
He looked angry too. He did that scary apophis stare.

But that scene was supposed to be in The Lost City, right?

aAnubiSs
July 18th, 2004, 08:50 AM
He looked angry too. He did that scary apophis stare.

yes

AtlantisRising
July 28th, 2004, 09:13 PM

It was? Please exlain to me why...
*is confused*

Buzz Lightyear
July 29th, 2004, 12:23 AM
It was? Please exlain to me why...
*is confused*

The Lost City is Atlantis and Atlantis was once on Earth... before it flew away, leaving behind the outpost and Ayiana.

Anubis
July 29th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Ayiana is in the season opener of Atlantis to tell the Atlantis team some information. It is a recording, it's not actually her. The Lost City was originally placed on Earth, but flew off to the Pegasus galaxy leaving the Ancient outpost and poor little Ayiana behind! :(

Thor
July 29th, 2004, 01:15 AM
@Anubis,
thats wrong. Ayiana was the femal ancient from the beginning. The Hologram was played by another actress.

VirtualCLD
July 29th, 2004, 06:09 AM
OK, but why was the scene supposed to be in Lost City?

Anubis
July 29th, 2004, 06:12 AM
Obviously because it would lead them to Atlantis

uknesvuinng
July 29th, 2004, 11:27 AM
OK, but why was the scene supposed to be in Lost City?
Originally, the script for TLC included, as I understand it, two more scenes. The first was at the beginning showing Ayiana and the other guy, and the other was the last scene after Teal'c asks where the lost city is, and shows the city taking off and jumping into hyperspace.

I think those scenes were in before they knew they would get a season 8, and were part of the original SG-1 movie script before it was converted into the season finale. I guess the additions were supposed to be a lead off to Atlantis, but with the script becoming a season finale, they opted to include them in the Atlantis pilot instead.

Ugly Pig
July 29th, 2004, 02:23 PM
I think those scenes were in before they knew they would get a season 8, and were part of the original SG-1 movie script before it was converted into the season finale.
Actually, in the original movie script Atlantis was on Earth. The scenes in question were probably written after it got converted to the season 7 finale. And then, of course, moved to the Atlantis pilot. :)