PDA

View Full Version : Asguard and Pegasus

diskiller
July 18th, 2004, 05:04 AM
Am I the only one who see's the possibilities here? Those little grey dudes (they rock, they do!) can fly anywhere... in seconds... they can cross the distance between Ida and The Milkyway. Surely they can fly to Pegasus?

Okay, so the Asguard are kinda busy atm... rebuilding their civilisation after their long battle with the Replicators. However, i see no reason why they can't run into the Atlantis team in the Pegasus Galaxy. Hell, the Asguard might not even know they are there, they might not even have ever visited Pegasus, and they might not even know that the Ancient city of Atlantis is there!

They could find this out through the SGC in time, and fly (or gate) there! They could even help us communicate with the Atlantis team (lend us some kind of powersource so we can open wormholes to Atlantis from the SGC) or lend us a ship, or just offer to taxi us every now and again... send supplies, exchange all the information we've learnt, all that.

The Asguard could learn a great deal from the ancients and working ancient technology... maybe we could even find some more ancients (frozen, in stasis, whatever) that the Asguard could clone to put their own conscience in?? We know current earth humans are not yet sufficiently developed enough, but ancients are...

I just think there's some excellent potential for some great storylines here. Actually it sounds like there will be some crossover already... we know the Atlantis team manage to get back to Earth in one of the early episodes, and we also have heard rumors that the Wraith find out about the Milkway... mmm... Gou'ald, Replicator, Asguard, Wraith, Touri, Tok'ra, Jaffa, orgy? yeah! That could be season 8 going out in a bang ending SG-1 ;)

SBacklin
July 18th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Am I the only one who see's the possibilities here? Those little grey dudes (they rock, they do!) can fly anywhere... in seconds... they can cross the distance between Ida and The Milkyway. Surely they can fly to Pegasus?

Okay, so the Asguard are kinda busy atm... rebuilding their civilisation after their long battle with the Replicators. However, i see no reason why they can't run into the Atlantis team in the Pegasus Galaxy. Hell, the Asguard might not even know they are there, they might not even have ever visited Pegasus, and they might not even know that the Ancient city of Atlantis is there!

They could find this out through the SGC in time, and fly (or gate) there! They could even help us communicate with the Atlantis team (lend us some kind of powersource so we can open wormholes to Atlantis from the SGC) or lend us a ship, or just offer to taxi us every now and again... send supplies, exchange all the information we've learnt, all that.

The Asguard could learn a great deal from the ancients and working ancient technology... maybe we could even find some more ancients (frozen, in stasis, whatever) that the Asguard could clone to put their own conscience in?? We know current earth humans are not yet sufficiently developed enough, but ancients are...

I just think there's some excellent potential for some great storylines here. Actually it sounds like there will be some crossover already... we know the Atlantis team manage to get back to Earth in one of the early episodes, and we also have heard rumors that the Wraith find out about the Milkway... mmm... Gou'ald, Replicator, Asguard, Wraith, Touri, Tok'ra, Jaffa, orgy? yeah! That could be season 8 going out in a bang ending SG-1 ;)

I agree. There are great possibilities here. There is no reason why when they reach earth they can contact the Asgard for assistance in the Pegasus galaxy.

aAnubiSs
July 18th, 2004, 08:08 AM
The Ancients couldn't handle the Wraith, so I don't think the Asgard are even close to being able to do it.

Mio
July 18th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Asgard. No U. Asgard....

Torley
July 18th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Well, the Asgards haven't been very good at handling the Replicators, but the Tau'ri have certainly helped them out in a jam. Maybe Ancients and Asgard have radically different ways of thinking up battle strategies. It would make sense.

I'm counting to see them eventually, if only to help SG-A get to know the Ancients (if there are any still alive, or non-ascended, or whatever).

EYU86
July 18th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Well, the Asgards haven't been very good at handling the Replicators, but the Tau'ri have certainly helped them out in a jam. Maybe Ancients and Asgard have radically different ways of thinking up battle strategies. It would make sense.

I'm counting to see them eventually, if only to help SG-A get to know the Ancients (if there are any still alive, or non-ascended, or whatever).
Well, the weapon O'neill made to disable the Replicators was made using the Ancients knowledge. The Asgard said they tried to make something like that, but was unsuccessful, because they are still very primitive compared to the Ancients.

Chevron_nine
July 18th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Why don't the Asgard just clone a bunch of brainless bodies and offer them to the wraith? Well, it might be the taste, Asgard don't really look too appetizing, but then again, to me, neither to humans:p

Bogopimp
July 18th, 2004, 11:07 PM
well, we seem to have handled ourselfs pretty well the first time we saw them tbh. Id have expected more from the wraith tbh! But i dont see why the asgard wouldnt be able to handle the wraith, I mean, you never know the reasons and circumstances under which the ancients fell. The asgard just may have something that they didnt! And besides, how much life could you suck out of an asgard body. Theres hardly enough there for breakfast!! :P

Torley
July 18th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Well, the weapon O'neill made to disable the Replicators was made using the Ancients knowledge. The Asgard said they tried to make something like that, but was unsuccessful, because they are still very primitive compared to the Ancients.

True, and I'm thinking also that the Ancients must have seen SOMETHING in "younger, less advanced" races like the Asgard, Nox, and Furlings to want to form an Alliance with them. This is not conclusive, of course, but an idea.

aAnubiSs
July 19th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Why didn't O'Neill also fix the Asgards cloning problem? I'm sure he could have worked on 2 things at the same time :D

EYU86
July 19th, 2004, 07:18 AM
There were quite many Asgard ships left.
Did you not see the fleet of them that took out the replicator ship in New Order

aschen
July 19th, 2004, 09:17 AM
They could even help us communicate with the Atlantis team (lend us some kind of powersource so we can open wormholes to Atlantis from the SGC) or lend us a ship, or just offer to taxi us every now and again... send supplies, exchange all the information we've learnt, all that.

I don't know if you read it or not already, but the Atlantis team DOES come home at some point. Of course they haven't gotten to that, but it's rather safe to assume that they have found a means by which to come home.

In fact they go home and then they aren't sure they can get back with a new ZPM! :eek:

aschen
July 19th, 2004, 09:18 AM
The Ancients couldn't handle the Wraith, so I don't think the Asgard are even close to being able to do it.

Very ironic. I had the same thought patterns when I was watching "Rising." ;)

EYU86
July 19th, 2004, 09:19 AM
We have no clue how that epsiode turns out, don't even try to speculate about it.

aschen
July 19th, 2004, 09:34 AM
We have no clue how that epsiode turns out, don't even try to speculate about it.

I'm stuck here at work. What else do you expect me to do? :p

EYU86
July 19th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Once ascended, I'd say it's impossible to store a concious in the computer. I do think that some of the Ancients will choose to revert back to thier human form, just as Daniel Jackson had, to help the humans.
Daniel didn't choose to revert back to human form, the other ascended forced him back to human form for interefering back at Abydos.

Ugly Pig
July 19th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Daniel didn't choose to revert back to human form, the other ascended forced him back to human form for interefering back at Abydos.
Actually, that is still unclear... We don't know exactly what happened. I hope/think we will find out this season.

EYU86
July 19th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Actually, that is still unclear... We don't know exactly what happened. I hope/think we will find out this season.
If he had chosen to revert back to human form, he would retain all his memories unlike what actually happened. I also doubt we'll ever find out because it seems that the directors already closed the book on that.

uknesvuinng
July 19th, 2004, 02:04 PM
If he had chosen to revert back to human form, he would retain all his memories unlike what actually happened. I also doubt we'll ever find out because it seems that the directors already closed the book on that.
If he was being punished, he may have chosen to descend AND lose his memory. It doesn't have to be against his will.

EYU86
July 19th, 2004, 02:06 PM
If he was being punished, he may have chosen to descend AND lose his memory. It doesn't have to be against his will.
Why would he choose to lose his memory.
We have seen that you can voluntarily descend and keep your memory like Orlin did in Ascension.

EYU86
July 19th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Isn't there something a little eerye about him descending in the first place? I mean, if these are the almighty, know all Ascended beings, why would they bring Daniel Jackson into the fold if they knew he was going to take advantage of it?
The Ascended aren't all knowing. More like all seeing.

EYU86
July 19th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Then maybe they should have seen it coming? (drum, drum, drum, symbol)
Seriously...

Good one :)

aAnubiSs
July 19th, 2004, 03:15 PM
The humor on this forum is sinking lower and lower.... I LIKE IT! :eek:

uknesvuinng
July 19th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Isn't there something a little eerye about him descending in the first place? I mean, if these are the almighty, know all Ascended beings, why would they bring Daniel Jackson into the fold if they knew he was going to take advantage of it?
The Ascended are neither all-knowing nor all-seeing. They aren't even all-powerful either, just really really powerful.

Daniel was probably given a decision. Descend and forget, or worse. Considering Orlin was forced to spend eternity (or however long Ascended live, this hasn't been established) on the planet in "Ascension" for giving them the weapon, Daniel was probably facing the same punishment of being left on a now decimated Abydos. He chose to descend and forget so that he could continue helping in the fight against the Goa'uld.

EYU86
July 19th, 2004, 03:38 PM
The Ascended are neither all-knowing nor all-seeing. They aren't even all-powerful either, just really really powerful.

Daniel was probably given a decision. Descend and forget, or worse. Considering Orlin was forced to spend eternity (or however long Ascended live, this hasn't been established) on the planet in "Ascension" for giving them the weapon, Daniel was probably facing the same punishment of being left on a now decimated Abydos. He chose to descend and forget so that he could continue helping in the fight against the Goa'uld.
But of course Oma found a way to let him gain some memories back, as presumed by Sam (was it Sam who presumed that?)

uknesvuinng
July 19th, 2004, 03:53 PM
But of course Oma found a way to let him gain some memories back, as presumed by Sam (was it Sam who presumed that?)
Or the memory wipe just isn't perfect. One thing I've liked about Stargate is that the characters make guesses that turn out to be wrong episodes later, they aren't perfect.

EYU86
July 19th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Yea, could be that too.

uknesvuinng
July 19th, 2004, 04:14 PM
So, getting back on topic, if we go with the theory that the alliance was post-Pegasus beatdown, the Asgard may be aware of the Wraith, and have avoided the Pegasus galaxy to prevent the Wraith from finding out anything more about what lay outside the Pegasus galaxy (the Wraith don't seem to have gone beyond those borders, probably because of their food dependencies). Now they have few ships (it's reasonable to assume we saw all or at least most of what's left of the Asgard fleet blasting away at the replicator ship near Orilla), and are currently rebuilding their civilization and devising a means to completely destroy the replicators, with all of their ships working to protect the new colony. They aren't in any position to take a trip to Atlantis and risk waking the Wraith just to see if everyone in Atlantis is doing ok. The team went to study the city anyway, so there's no point in going to retrieve them yet. We may see the Asgard making such a trip at the end of S8 if it's the last season and they finish off the replicators, but not before then.

diskiller
July 19th, 2004, 05:42 PM

What I originally meant, was, the Asgard could clone the Ancient bodies (if we find any) to put their own concious into. Not Ancient minds, Asgard minds. The human body is not developed enough yet (remember the episode with young Jack clone and Loki) but perhaps the Ancient's bodies and brains are sufficiently developed??? We already know the Ancient are more advanced than the Asgard, so it seems quite logical....

EYU86
July 19th, 2004, 05:49 PM
What I originally meant, was, the Asgard could clone the Ancient bodies (if we find any) to put their own concious into. Not Ancient minds, Asgard minds. The human body is not developed enough yet (remember the episode with young Jack clone and Loki) but perhaps the Ancient's bodies and brains are sufficiently developed??? We already know the Ancient are more advanced than the Asgard, so it seems quite logical....
Yea...
Thats great and all and I understand what your getting at...
But I was questioning deluzion and his theories on Ancients...
Not you...
Your ideas make sense...
Alot of trail offs huh...
:cool: