This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asguard and Pegasus

Am I the only one who see's the possibilities here? Those little grey dudes (they rock, they do!) can fly anywhere... in seconds... they can cross the distance between Ida and The Milkyway. Surely they can fly to Pegasus?

Okay, so the Asguard are kinda busy atm... rebuilding their civilisation after their long battle with the Replicators. However, i see no reason why they can't run into the Atlantis team in the Pegasus Galaxy. Hell, the Asguard might not even know they are there, they might not even have ever visited Pegasus, and they might not even know that the Ancient city of Atlantis is there!

They could find this out through the SGC in time, and fly (or gate) there! They could even help us communicate with the Atlantis team (lend us some kind of powersource so we can open wormholes to Atlantis from the SGC) or lend us a ship, or just offer to taxi us every now and again... send supplies, exchange all the information we've learnt, all that.

The Asguard could learn a great deal from the ancients and working ancient technology... maybe we could even find some more ancients (frozen, in stasis, whatever) that the Asguard could clone to put their own conscience in?? We know current earth humans are not yet sufficiently developed enough, but ancients are...

I just think there's some excellent potential for some great storylines here. Actually it sounds like there will be some crossover already... we know the Atlantis team manage to get back to Earth in one of the early episodes, and we also have heard rumors that the Wraith find out about the Milkway... mmm... Gou'ald, Replicator, Asguard, Wraith, Touri, Tok'ra, Jaffa, orgy? yeah! That could be season 8 going out in a bang ending SG-1

Originally posted by diskiller
    Am I the only one who see's the possibilities here? Those little grey dudes (they rock, they do!) can fly anywhere... in seconds... they can cross the distance between Ida and The Milkyway. Surely they can fly to Pegasus?

Okay, so the Asguard are kinda busy atm... rebuilding their civilisation after their long battle with the Replicators. However, i see no reason why they can't run into the Atlantis team in the Pegasus Galaxy. Hell, the Asguard might not even know they are there, they might not even have ever visited Pegasus, and they might not even know that the Ancient city of Atlantis is there!

They could find this out through the SGC in time, and fly (or gate) there! They could even help us communicate with the Atlantis team (lend us some kind of powersource so we can open wormholes to Atlantis from the SGC) or lend us a ship, or just offer to taxi us every now and again... send supplies, exchange all the information we've learnt, all that.

The Asguard could learn a great deal from the ancients and working ancient technology... maybe we could even find some more ancients (frozen, in stasis, whatever) that the Asguard could clone to put their own conscience in?? We know current earth humans are not yet sufficiently developed enough, but ancients are...

I just think there's some excellent potential for some great storylines here. Actually it sounds like there will be some crossover already... we know the Atlantis team manage to get back to Earth in one of the early episodes, and we also have heard rumors that the Wraith find out about the Milkway... mmm... Gou'ald, Replicator, Asguard, Wraith, Touri, Tok'ra, Jaffa, orgy? yeah! That could be season 8 going out in a bang ending SG-1

I agree. There are great possibilities here. There is no reason why when they reach earth they can contact the Asgard for assistance in the Pegasus galaxy.

Comment

The Ancients couldn't handle the Wraith, so I don't think the Asgard are even close to being able to do it.

Comment

Asgard. No U. Asgard....
        sigpic

Comment

Well, the Asgards haven't been very good at handling the Replicators, but the Tau'ri have certainly helped them out in a jam. Maybe Ancients and Asgard have radically different ways of thinking up battle strategies. It would make sense.

I'm counting to see them eventually, if only to help SG-A get to know the Ancients (if there are any still alive, or non-ascended, or whatever).
          Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
            Well, the Asgards haven't been very good at handling the Replicators, but the Tau'ri have certainly helped them out in a jam. Maybe Ancients and Asgard have radically different ways of thinking up battle strategies. It would make sense.

I'm counting to see them eventually, if only to help SG-A get to know the Ancients (if there are any still alive, or non-ascended, or whatever).
            Well, the weapon O'neill made to disable the Replicators was made using the Ancients knowledge. The Asgard said they tried to make something like that, but was unsuccessful, because they are still very primitive compared to the Ancients.
            *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
            McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Why don't the Asgard just clone a bunch of brainless bodies and offer them to the wraith? Well, it might be the taste, Asgard don't really look too appetizing, but then again, to me, neither to humans
              My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

well, we seem to have handled ourselfs pretty well the first time we saw them tbh. Id have expected more from the wraith tbh! But i dont see why the asgard wouldnt be able to handle the wraith, I mean, you never know the reasons and circumstances under which the ancients fell. The asgard just may have something that they didnt! And besides, how much life could you suck out of an asgard body. Theres hardly enough there for breakfast!!

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
                  Well, the weapon O'neill made to disable the Replicators was made using the Ancients knowledge. The Asgard said they tried to make something like that, but was unsuccessful, because they are still very primitive compared to the Ancients.
                  True, and I'm thinking also that the Ancients must have seen SOMETHING in "younger, less advanced" races like the Asgard, Nox, and Furlings to want to form an Alliance with them. This is not conclusive, of course, but an idea.
                  Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                  more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Why didn't O'Neill also fix the Asgards cloning problem? I'm sure he could have worked on 2 things at the same time

Comment

There were quite many Asgard ships left.
                      Did you not see the fleet of them that took out the replicator ship in New Order

Comment

Originally posted by diskiller
                        They could even help us communicate with the Atlantis team (lend us some kind of powersource so we can open wormholes to Atlantis from the SGC) or lend us a ship, or just offer to taxi us every now and again... send supplies, exchange all the information we've learnt, all that.

I don't know if you read it or not already, but the Atlantis team DOES come home at some point. Of course they haven't gotten to that, but it's rather safe to assume that they have found a means by which to come home.

In fact they go home and then they aren't sure they can get back with a new ZPM!

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                          The Ancients couldn't handle the Wraith, so I don't think the Asgard are even close to being able to do it.
                          Very ironic. I had the same thought patterns when I was watching "Rising."

Comment

We have no clue how that epsiode turns out, don't even try to speculate about it.

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
                              We have no clue how that epsiode turns out, don't even try to speculate about it.
                              I'm stuck here at work. What else do you expect me to do?

Comment

Working...
                              X