This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computerised DHD's

About the computerised DHD's (ie, the one in Atlantis and on the Puddle Jumper(tm))... did anyone else get the feeling that there were not nearly enough buttons for each possible gate symbol? I mean, it looks like there's 10 to 20 buttons, not 38? The ordinary DHD's clearly appear to have ALOT of buttons for all the symbols, those computerised ones were just lacking them.

They didn't appear to be using any sort of "shift" to access an additional ~19 or so symbols atop of the small number of buttons they have.

I did notice that (McKay i think) had to press several buttons to turn off the "iris" shield at the Atlantis gate however. Wonder why. Like a code or password? How did they work that out?

I really like the cool looking blue lit DHD's out on planet tho. Niiice. Wish we had some of those in the Milkyway

I guess I could count them

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
      I guess I could count them
      Yeah, try counting them... i tried in one scene and couldn't count many, but it was a bad angle and later it was shown again at a better angle and you could see more but it still didn't look like the right number... still, i wasn't quick enough to pause and count them then. Stupid divx, you can't easily go back

Comment

Maybe you need to combine buttons like we need to do on our keyboard (use Shift and ALT)
        Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

i increased the image size and from this image

i was able to make out 37 buttons with McKays hand possibly blocking the last

and with this i made out about 28 but the upper part of the console was cut off.

it looks like all 38 symbols were added but were not clearly seen.
          Last edited by SaberBlade; 18 July 2004, 06:15 AM. Reason: 376 to 37

sigpic

Comment

Wow, good work my friend!

Thanks for the screen caps

Comment

the bigger problem is that every gate has a unique symbol... the point of origin... so the dhd on the puddle jumper must dial the 7th symbol automaticly...

anywayz there are definately 38 symbols on the atlantis dhd (i counted )
              as for the puddle jumpers dhd im guessing it has 37 symbols (or 38 if the 38th is a default point of origin symbol...) it looked like there were less cause on the puddle jumper there are 2 panels of symbols... only 1 of which u can really see... but if you watch when they are dialing... you can see there as a flat panel as well as 1 that is angled like a dashboard...

Comment

The "regular" DHD on the planet, the one with the Big Blue Bulb or Button had six symbols light up when the Wraith darts went back through the gate. I don't want to start up another discussion on this, but it looks like the BBB represents the seventh symbol. I wonder if TPTB will stick with this symantic.

Comment

The PoO symbol is just a generic button with a little orange thingy on it. But it doesn't match the symbol on the Atlantis gate, which i posted in another post.
                  sigpic

Comment

I count seven symbols lighted up....

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris

I count seven symbols lighted up....
                      Upper right should be PoO (solitudes?)

Question. Who said that Atlantis gates had to have 39 symbols? Maybe they only needed 38.
                      sigpic

Comment

I counted 37 triangles on the Atlantis DHD... but there is a triangle that has similar function to the blue bulb on the off-world DHD's and it's not the PoO... so actually there are only 36 symbols.
                        This is getting confusing...
                        How many slots are there in the Atlantis stargate?
                        How many symbols are there on Atlantis off-world DHD's?
                        How many symbols on the PJ's DHD and is there a blue bulb/activate type button?
                        Last edited by Selmak; 21 July 2004, 04:52 AM.

Comment

This makes no sense... the off-world DHD's have different symbols then the Atlantis DHD even though they are connected to the same type of gate.

Comment

Here is a link to a video of the Atlantis Dialing Sequence

You can clearly see that 7 symbols are dialed plus the middle activation button.

Comment

Who said the contrary? Of course the center triangle in the Atlantis DHD is bigger that the others with the glyphs. Obviously it's the equivalent of the red/blue button on the dhds.

Comment

Working...
                              X