This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuclear explosion above Atlantis in "Seige 3"

Ok, there's still a hell of a lot of dangerous nuclear radiation in Hiroshima and that went off 65+ years ago so in "the Siege part III" where they dropped a nuke a few miles over Atlantis, it would be extremely dangerous to wander out on those balconies and even the Athosians on the mainland would start to die slowly after being exposed to a blast that close. An explanation to why they're all alive?

- "I ask you. What could possibly be in my eye that would explain this?"
    - "Lose it…it meant go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one’s faculties, three fries short of a happy meal….WACKO!"
    - "I'm taking this loop off..."
    - "Did they try the doughnuts? You made sure they were krispy kremes right?"
    - "Carter, all I heard was matrix, and I found those films quite confusing."
    - "I played Def Jam Vendetta."

Easy it's TV how would there be a epsiode next week if there all die.

and there do have war heads now that do have naquadah in them
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 11 January 2006, 04:03 PM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Hiroshima is radioactive because of the radioactive fallout that has contaminated the soil, atlantis however is floating on water. Any radioactive fallout would`ve been dissapated and carried away by wind & seacurrents. The city itself was protected by it`s shield from contamination.

Comment

The mainland isn't that close. The radiation from a small warhead like that wouldn't reach that far. It was probably only a few kiloton bomb.

Comment

Umm because Atlantis is a space ship so it has limited protection against fallout

and the nukes might produce very little in the way of fallout because they are naquadah enhanced
          sigpic

Comment

All very good points here

Just to point out, all the Athosians weren't on the mainland at the time, they were evacuated through the gate.
            Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
            Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

i think it is because of the naq thing...i know short and sweet
              tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
              yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
              Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

It wasn't a nuclear explosion, it was a naquadah explosion. It's reasonable to assume that naquadah fallout is less dangerous than nuclear fallout.
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                  It wasn't a nuclear explosion, it was a naquadah explosion. It's reasonable to assume that naquadah fallout is less dangerous than nuclear fallout.
                  i thought that was the whole point a microscopic amount of naquada can power a naq generator and the explosive effects are more powerfull by a long shot that the exact same qauntity in nuclear missles ant naq has no fallout duh
                  oh and that dosent look like ronan>

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RA the sun god
                    i thought that was the whole point a microscopic amount of naquada can power a naq generator and the explosive effects are more powerfull by a long shot that the exact same qauntity in nuclear missles ant naq has no fallout duh
                    Just because something is more explosive does not mean it creates more fallout.
                    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Just because something is more explosive does not mean it creates more fallout.
                      ummm helloooooooo anybody home i said it is more explosive wit less fallout!!!
                      which part didnt u understand???

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

No it's not. It was still a nuclear explosion, which means you had a fission and/or fusion chain reaction going on, which means lots of radioactive by-products.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs
                          No it's not. It was still a nuclear explosion, which means you had a fission and/or fusion chain reaction going on, which means lots of radioactive by-products.
                          Exactly. And in any case, I doubt it was a naquaduh-enhanced explosion. From what we have heard regarding that explosive capability, the explosion was nowhere near powerful enough.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                            Exactly. And in any case, I doubt it was a naquaduh-enhanced explosion. From what we have heard regarding that explosive capability, the explosion was nowhere near powerful enough.
                            Wasn't it one of the Daedalus's nukes? If it was, I think they are naquadah enhanced.
                            Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                            Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker
                              Wasn't it one of the Daedalus's nukes? If it was, I think they are naquadah enhanced.
                              I just ran a search on all the scripts of season two. No mention of naquadah enhanced nukes (unless the scripsts are wrong). Do you remember where you heard it?

Comment

Working...
                              X