X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOOFS Questions And Possibly Spoilers

Did anyone realise that there was no DHD on the gate floating in space
    The Puddle Jumper could dial the gate but how does it feed it, its power
    Also how does the Gate stay perfectly in orbit? Without moving?

Why didnt the shevrons look like normal shevrons. They look like alot of dots. Probebly the constilation without the obvious connect the dots?

Also another goof was the fact that everyone could use all the atlantis tech in the city. HOW IN HELL DID THEY READ ANCIENT.

And wouldnt you think the ancients would have one of those head sucking things around to teach someone something?
    Seems kinda strange doesnt it

Also Jack created a device to goto the ancients planet using only naqueda from a staff weapon. Couldnt they use a naqueda genrator to goto Atlantis
    Too many goofs here but still a mad episode

Originally posted by InsanityX
    1. Did anyone realise that there was no DHD on the gate floating in space
    The Puddle Jumper could dial the gate but how does it feed it, its power
    2. Also how does the Gate stay perfectly in orbit? Without moving?

3. Why didnt the shevrons look like normal shevrons. They look like alot of dots. Probebly the constilation without the obvious connect the dots?

4. Also another goof was the fact that everyone could use all the atlantis tech in the city. HOW IN HELL DID THEY READ ANCIENT.

5. And wouldnt you think the ancients would have one of those head sucking things around to teach someone something?

1. Its Ancients technology its probably a remote like on a TV.
    2. Ancients Tech. Probably a magnetic stabilizer or pocket thrusters.
    3. Ancients developed these, Gou'ld developed what we saw on SG1
    4. They could not. It was well established that they couldn't get most things to work. They had been working at the Antarctic Substation for 6 months or so learning the language and how to run things there so they had some basis to work with.
    5. They probably do, just not found yet.
    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Gou'ld did not create the gate system, it is well stated within SG1, aslo the OLD ANTARTIC gate has the old style gate

As for the remote thing, i considered that, but they were travlin in space 100's miles from the gate at time. Pretty powerful remote.

Comment

5. Why would they have one of those around?
        It's their city, there are only ancients. So there is no need for those Repositories Of Knowledge
        Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

So i guess there children have there intelegence etc etc built into there genes like the Gould?

I was under the assumption that the machine exhisted for this purpace.

Also why have the machine lying around on other planets just sitting there?

Comment

It was my understanding that once you use it, it can't be used again.

As for it's purpose, it was intended for other races to use IMO

Comment

They can probebly be used multiple times. The first one they found ran out of energy. The second one they blew up.

And if they could only be used once why make it at all. It makes no sence to have it around for it only to be used once.

There are a couple billion people one earth.
              Ancients populated an entire galaxy, i assume upto the trillions.

So why have a device only to be used once?

Comment

Cos as O'neill demonstrated it only takes one to put it to good use

No idea, why really, but since it's not safe I think the one time only rule is pretty good

Comment

1. Did anyone realise that there was no DHD on the gate floating in space. The Puddle Jumper could dial the gate but how does it feed it, its power

2. Also how does the Gate stay perfectly in orbit? Without moving?

3. Why didnt the shevrons look like normal shevrons. They look like alot of dots. Probebly the constilation without the obvious connect the dots?

4. Also another goof was the fact that everyone could use all the atlantis tech in the city. HOW IN HELL DID THEY READ ANCIENT.

5. And wouldnt you think the ancients would have one of those head sucking things around to teach someone something?
                  Seems kinda strange doesnt it.

6. Also Jack created a device to goto the ancients planet using only naqueda from a staff weapon. Couldnt they use a naqueda genrator to goto Atlantis
                  I've posted some of these in my own thread and just seen this.

1. I have NO idea how the gate is fed its power. No idea at all. Usually the DHD does it (somehow, magically, without any sort of physical connection mind you.)

2. Yeah, the gate was floating perfectly in space. If you watch closely, there's 3 little red thingies attached to it (you can see it in every shot) yet the moment they go through at the end and show them come out the atlantis gate, the atlantis gate does not have them. I figure they are some kind of propulsion system that keeps the gate perfectly in orbit and oriented so it doesn't just rotate/spin and float about, or deorbit etc... that could also be how the gate is powered, but who knows...

Nothing is explained at all in this episode. At least in SG-1 things get explained, stuff just tends to "happen" in Atlantis with no explanation, it bugs me. I suppose it might be coming in further episodes, but still...

3. They aren't chevrons, they are gate address symbols. (The chevrons are the things that lock over the symbol, there are 9 of those, only 7 are generally used, occasionally 8). They are different, because the ones in our galaxy (the milkyway) are star constellations for our galaxy. The star constellations in Pegasus are different. Why they are dots, and why they are light, I have no idea. I don't think they look very good at all.

4. No idea. I think its a big flaw. McKay did, however, mention that some of this stuff uses "old style push buttons" and that is most likely why they can use the tech. But still, i think its a bit too far fetched IMO. Daniel should be there translating ancient text (WHERE IS THE ANCIENT TEXT ???) and figuring it all out. It's all wrong.

5. Yeah, there should be a knowledge repository! or two! The recording said they left the city and sent it to go under water incase their kind ever returns. In thousands or millions of years time, their descendants are unlikely to know or have the same knowledge or know everything, so an ancient knowledge repository SHOULD be there. Its there to pass on knowledge to their own kind (assumingly). Why else would they ever have been any of them laying about for SG-1 to find in the first place?

6. Again, no idea. That piddly liquid naquedah generator let them go really really really far to the Ida galaxy to meet the Asguard, yet, they needed a ZPM to go around the corner to the nearby Pegasus galaxy. Go figure. Makes no sense again. I think the writers intended on Pegasus being alot further away than Ida, but they messed it up pretty badly. Read my other thread on it.

It may sound like I'm really bashing Atlantis here, and I sort of am, but that doesn't mean i didn't like the episode. I really liked it! In fact i've watched it three times now, and I love it! I guess all these things might get explained later... we might just have to be patient.

D.

Comment

Also Jack created a device to goto the ancients planet using only naqueda from a staff weapon. Couldnt they use a naqueda genrator to goto Atlantis

1. The Puddle Jumper has its own energy supply to power it's DHD..etc.

2. The Gate probably does move periodically like a satellite (moon) around a planet. Either that or it has a built in magnetic field to stay in place.

3. The Ancients have a much better gate than the original one. This galaxy also has the same game. It allows faster dialing. It's just different. The thing dialed up in 1 minute and less while the normal Earth gate takes 5 minutes.

4. Dont be a n00b. Just because its ancient technology doesnt mean that the Ancient's are gonna leave them a manual in Ancient. Some things are just easy to figure out like the DHD. Sheppard figured out the PuddleJumper because he had the gene. Just dont be a n00b. Most things WONT be written in Ancient. They'll have a hologram.

5. No. They wouldnt. Seriously, if someone got their head downloaded with Ancient knowledge, then
                    ---1. It ruins the fun of trying to figure out tech.
                    ---2. They would die. They cannot contact the Asgard and I doubt Atlantis has something to remove the knowledge.

6. No. The Naquadah Powerup Unit was extremely advanced. They didnt even know what it was until he patched it up and it exploded. Obviously, they're not gonna know how to make one.

7. Dont be a n00b. As TEAL'C says "There are no plotholes". Remember, CALICTO says "There are no goofs, only production goofs"

8. Over-Analysis can be good, but then listen and then shuttup when proved incorrect and you do not have a point.

9. Chevron

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
                      It was an Asgard planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
                        6. No. The Naquadah Powerup Unit was extremely advanced. They didnt even know what it was until he patched it up and it exploded. Obviously, they're not gonna know how to make one.
                        Yet it only took two Carters to make one that works

Comment

Originally posted by diskiller
                          I've posted some of these in my own thread and just seen this.

1. I have NO idea how the gate is fed its power. No idea at all. Usually the DHD does it (somehow, magically, without any sort of physical connection mind you.)
                          Well if you look at the wraith gate there is a round yet rectangular device attached to it I assumed that that was the power source as well as the remote reciever.

Comment

And wouldnt you think the ancients would have one of those head sucking things around to teach someone something?
                            Seems kinda strange doesnt it
                            I think they never really expected to leave the city so they probebly expected to teach visitors themselves, and when they finally did leave they were probably preoccupied with not dieing.

Comment

I have another question: How much time elapsed between "New Order" and "Rising"?

Also: How does Major Sheppard get assigned to SGC service so quickly, without evening knowing about the Stargate program? How does he get security clearance so flippantly from Gen. O'Neill if O'Neill didn't necessarily suggest him to go on the Atlantis mission? And what was the actual reason Daniel wasn't allowed to go?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X