This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossover with The Stand

In light of "The Fourth Horseman", has anyone ever considered doing a crossover fic with Stephen King's "The Stand"? If it were done well, such a story could be fantastic.

Think about it...

Tycho
    Mors Principium Est

i have that book somewhere, i gave up when it got to page 300 and nothing had happened yet
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

What was it about?
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

I've read The Stand a bajillion times, a BAJILLION. It's my favourite book, and believe me, the only thing they have in common is that people die due to disease.

Symptoms of both plagues are different, and in SG-1 the plague, obviously, would have originated in Colorado, whilst The Stand's plague originated in California.
        I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Insipid
          I've read The Stand a bajillion times, a BAJILLION. It's my favourite book, and believe me, the only thing they have in common is that people die due to disease.

Symptoms of both plagues are different, and in SG-1 the plague, obviously, would have originated in Colorado, whilst The Stand's plague originated in California.
          That's right. I've read the book and watched the miniseries and I can tell you it wouldn't work trying to do a crossover. There's a ton of things besides the things listed above on why they can't be crossed over.

A nice idea but it won't work.

timdalton007

Comment

Originally Posted by Insipid

Originally posted by timdalton007
            That's right. I've read the book and watched the miniseries and I can tell you it wouldn't work trying to do a crossover. There's a ton of things besides the things listed above on why they can't be crossed over.

A nice idea but it won't work.

timdalton007
            I didn't mean that the Orii plague and the Superflu should be one and the same, more how would the SGC react to the outbreak of the Superflu? In the past, their method has always been contain, control and cure. But what if it couldn't be cured? Would the Tokra, in any season, grant assistance? How would the other races/worlds react when learning that the population of Earth was about to be wiped out. Would the Goa'uld attack or ban travel there? Inevitably there would be attempts by panicked people (like Kinsey?) to try and escape offworld. What of Atlantis?

Eventually the dead would line the halls, machinery would shut down and the few survivors would have to claw their way out. How many of SG-1 survive? Who has what dreams? And once out, Boulder is just around the corner. Would the other survivors blame them for being military? And what of Area 51? Wouldn't Flagg love to get his hands on some of that!

So why wouldn't it work?

I think it could.

Tycho

Comment

I've had this idea for quite a while now as 'The Stand' is one of my favourite shows but I'm not much of a fanfic writer.

Although I do have some ideas for other people who may want to write one in the near future, for one, I have a theory as to why there are only several thousand or hundreds of thousands of survivors who never got sick and the only reason they never found out why is because the survivors all have the Ancient gene and the gene isn't detectable unless you know what your looking for, and I don't think that the C.D.C. was informed of the gene due to National Security concerns.

Number two, seeing as this would be in the Stargate Universe, maybe Mother Abagail was an Ancient who refused ascension however because she died have her ascend.

And finally what if Flagg brokered a deal with the Ori and that the Ori granted him super human abilities ie. shapeshifting, the ability to see across miles and I don't know if he was telepathic or not.

Hope this helps some.

Comment

Working...
              X