• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hunting Party (211)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON TWO
    THE HUNTING PARTY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 211

Jack, Locke, and Sawyer go after Michael when he takes a gun and disappears into the jungle to try and find Walt, and find themselves in a confrontation with the Others. Jack recalls the fate of his marriage.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 05:52 PM.

Awesome episode last night!!

I wish that jack and locke had asked "Zeke" some questions - you know, like, where they are, who they are, why they;re there, whats goining on, etc?

also now we know what eventually happened to jack's wife.
    and i have a feeling that the other guy she's seeing, is either Sawyer, or Desmond. though we already have a jack/sawyer connection - through jacks dad.
    but i'd put money on it being desmond.

also anyone notice that when Zeke yelled for someone to bring over kate, he yelled "Alex" - ie: rosseau's kid.

Comment

Didn't catch the "Alex" part. Must go back and watch again. Oh the agony.

Thought this was a very good episode. Nice to finally know what happened with Jack/Sarah. I too wonder if it was Sawyer that Sarah was seeing, but probably not, as she seemed to think the relationship would be long term and Sawyer's not a long term kind of guy, at least he wasn't before. Also, as if we hadn't already figured it out, it pretty much confirms that Jack is a control freak to the nth degree.

Locke was very cool as usual, and wise enough to realize that you can't make people do something if they really don't want to do it.

Michael is absolutely nuts. I'm kind of glad he's away from the rest so that he can't cause any more damage.

Nice to see Sawyer showing compassion/unity with Kate. Especially after the way Jack acted towards her.

Hurley and Sawyer in the bunker. What a cute scene.

The Others are definitely freaky, and it was interesting to finally really get something from them. As to asking them questions, I don't think they were in the mood to answer. They just want to be left alone.

Nice moment between Jin and Sun. He's come such a long way.

I'm very interested to see what happens when Jack tries to form his "army". I have a feeling the rest of the castaways aren't going to be so willing to conform to his wishes.

So, overall, a very good episode that definitely moves things along.
      sigpic

Comment

I heard him call Alex, but then we didn't get to see any of him/her, Kate was just pushed into the frame, no hand or anything.... I was bummed.

I also thought it was cool when Jack started talking about the spy (Ethan) and Zeke didn't seem to know anything about it. So there's a 3rd group on the island that the Others don't seem to know about or control. Hmmm!

BTW I love Sun and Jin, they are so my fav. couple.
        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

When it aired I wondered if it was Jack's wife in Desmond's picture, I'm not the only one:

"For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

I missed the episode last nite, but thank god for itunes store! so, just watched it now. really good stuff going on. nice to get more dirt on the doctor...plus seeing Hurley and Charlie have some male bonding time. Charlie should go back and talk to Claire. Locke, being Locke. Hurley taking an interest in what's her name. and He looks thinner. looking good!. Glad the Michael nut is away for a while. and the others???what, do they have personal shielding like the Goa'uld? It wiil be intersting to learn more about the Others in future episode. Jin and Sun, well, good for her putting the smack down on the man. It's about damm time woman. I am glad to see them patching things up. I thought the plot lines moved very nicely here...hopefully this trend will continue for the rest of the season.

I give it an 8/10. this show is addicting!

Comment

Great episode! Jack is really the best example of the nice guy getting screwed all the time. He always tries his hardest to help people and be a good person, but it always ends in heart-break. Nice guys finish last, girls love jerks, evident in Kate getting in with Sawyer, even though he is a jerk, and rejecting Jack who isn't perfect, but always tries to help and has good intentions.

Comment

This was a good episode. Probably tied with 23rd Psalm for best of s2 so far. but it still is not as good as s1. that LOST touch is still missing...

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
                  Great episode! Jack is really the best example of the nice guy getting screwed all the time. He always tries his hardest to help people and be a good person, but it always ends in heart-break. Nice guys finish last, girls love jerks, evident in Kate getting in with Sawyer, even though he is a jerk, and rejecting Jack who isn't perfect, but always tries to help and has good intentions.
                  Ah but Jack was rather jerk-like last night, and some women find guys like Jack who want to control everything and everyone to be exhausting. He also seems to have very high expectations, expectations that are very hard for most people to live up too.

Oh, had to comment on Sawyer's "Mr. Clean" reference to Locke. Was ROFL. He can come up with some great nicknames.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
                    When it aired I wondered if it was Jack's wife in Desmond's picture, I'm not the only one:

thats why i said desmond in my posts, cause i remembered seeing that picture, i just didn't have a link for it.

i bet dollars to donuts its her.

speaking of desmond, where the mother did he run off to? its been like 8 episodes since we've seen him.

Comment

Interesting ep. I like Jack but the guy's got issues he's not trying to fix. I did agree with Locke about Micheal. Even if he is crazy, the guy is a full grown man and he can do what he wants if he doesn't hurt anyone. I hope Jack will try in the future not to be so controling.

Can someone explain to me why Jack yelled at Kate like that for really no good reason? Has he given up on Kate all together or is he just mad at her for loving Sawyer instead?

The best moment of the ep had to be Sun and Jin. So much has been leading to that moment in their relationship.

So Jack's going to try and build an army, hmm. Well if he's going to do that he better convince the most influencial people of the island (ie Locke etc) on his side or he may loose face as leader. Why is Jack so determined to go after the others anyway?

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                        speaking of desmond, where the mother did he run off to? its been like 8 episodes since we've seen him.
                        yeah, but those 8 eps only really entail 5 or 6 days

but how can sarah be seeing desmond - when jack met desmond (which was right after sarah's op) he said he was about to leave on the solar race around the world that planted him on the island.

Comment

Overall good episode one of the best of the season , i think this episode sort of "confirmed" that jack is the unofficial leader of the survivors also good to see what happened with his wife .

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                            I also thought it was cool when Jack started talking about the spy (Ethan) and Zeke didn't seem to know anything about it. So there's a 3rd group on the island that the Others don't seem to know about or control. Hmmm!.
                            I think he did know, he was just too interested in making a point, all he said was interesting theory. sure remember the other group had a spy, and because of him the other where able to take people, maybe that was gonna happen if Ethan hadnt been killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse

I agree
                              Jack is kind hearted and nobody is perfect so he has his faults too ... but Usually Jerks like Sawyer do attract girls ..I don't know why but I went through it too ..stupid me but as you get a little older ...you tend to go for nicer guys with a kind heart who could be as exciting that the jerks .. specially if you want a stable relationship ..Can't have a stable relationship with jerks ...they are the type of guys who want short relationships and they usually go for younger girls .

At the end of the day ..it's better for Jack to leave Kate alone ..he is doing the right thing by backing up ..He is smart that way .. If Kate wants to be with Sawyer ..so let it be ..It's only by doing that that she will know who she really wants to be with . but I agree Sawyer is a jerk .

Caty

Comment

Working...
                              X