No announcement yet.

The Scourge (917)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think what is taking a lot away from the show for me is that so much of it seems forced between the characters and out of place, the opening teaser (which was not just forced but lame), the Teal'c/Mitchell scene, the end re: movie night - puhleeze, . . . . oh forget it it's not worth my time.

Comment

-Not a particularly thrilling episode

Yup.

-Weak opening teaser, but it was nice to hear some foreshadowing about Priors supposedly kicking their preaching up a notch.

Darn. I can't remember it!

-The Mitchell/Teal'c conversation about Teal'c's apartment was a nice touch. I like the tiny modular episode to modular episode connections (Not as awesome as when Jonas asked Teal'c when he learned to drive though )

Shows that at least Mitchell has read everything, but liked how Teal'c is like no, it didn't work out, etc.

-Interesting dialogue between DJ and the Chinese representative. She seemed rather serious about China perhaps making an offer to Daniel in the future. I wonder if there's anything more going on there. Maybe a discussion point for a possible future episode? Given the gates we have from ep 9x16, I wonder if control of an Earth Stargate could go on country-rotation (i.e. several countries get a Gate, but only one remains active each year or so)

Be nice if they followed up on that.

-That lab looks familiar. Is it the same set that was on the moon with the flying energy bugs? Is the Gamma site actually the moon too (assuming they moved the Gate)?

Sorta the same plot in a way. I guess all the scientists and military folk got eaten and only SG1 and the annoying political types survived.

-So are the bugs Prior-made, or not? If they are, it definitely calls to mind a religious calling-of-locusts type of plague.

Hm, good analogy. Pestilence from the skies!

-I'm not sure what to make of the whole "SG-1 has movie nights" thing. Are we to think they've always done this but just haven't really mentioned it? Or is it supposed to be an 'easy' way to quickly show the team is bonding instead of just letting it happen slowly by the episodes?

Not sure. Is it every Friday night, once a month, what? Hard to tell.

I give it a "C" as it wasn't all that impressive. Had a lot more fun with the SGA episode afterwards, which had a tighter episode overall and wasn't a rehash of 'bugs eat everybody' movies on Scifi I mean, didn't we ALL know that that guard at the entrance to the cave was gonna die? And with an enemy that can strike so quickly, it would have made more sense to have TWo people there, but I digress. Plot device.

Comment

A pretty good episode. I kept thinking 'The Mummy'.... I'm suprised that no one in the ep. mentioned how this might actually HELP the SGC's case with the international people, though. By proving how formidable the Ori's little creations are, you think they'd put more effort into defense.
        sigpic

Comment

When Teal'c and Mitchell were talking and Teal'c was saying he never doubted the Goa'uld would get defeated, I couldn't help remembering Avatar.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Not a terrible retread of a tired plot, but why even bother. We're running on idea fumes here. It felt like one of Skiffy's original movies, which is sad. And I'm so done with Mitchell now-- he's just over doing it in every scene.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
              When Teal'c and Mitchell were talking and Teal'c was saying he never doubted the Goa'uld would get defeated, I couldn't help remembering Avatar.
              Well, he did clarify and said that he didnt know if they would win in his lifetime. And in Avatar I think it was the subcouncious beleif that 'he couldnt win without the team' that was getting him in trouble
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                A pretty good episode. I kept thinking 'The Mummy'.... I'm suprised that no one in the ep. mentioned how this might actually HELP the SGC's case with the international people, though. By proving how formidable the Ori's little creations are, you think they'd put more effort into defense.
                At the moment, I think they were more concerned with the fact that the IOA could claim that it was the fault of the American scientists who had allowed the situation to become worse and claim that if this was the way the US Airforce dealt with things, then maybe they should re-think their policy of continuing funding.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I'm still a bit puzzled by the actions of the bugs. How can they be both repelled by the gunfire/movement and attracted to sound? Or did I miss something in the "Man-Eating-Bugs" orientation session in the beginning?

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                    I'm still a bit puzzled by the actions of the bugs. How can they be both repelled by the gunfire/movement and attracted to sound? Or did I miss something in the "Man-Eating-Bugs" orientation session in the beginning?
                    Shhhhh stop thinking.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Did anyone else find it weird that the Research Center was a tent 10 miles away from the main site?

Comment

The way I understood it, the gunfire was such an abrupt, disturbing sound that it effected the sound-sensitive areas of the bugs, but the frequency that was being generated was of such that it was actually enticing to the bugs, one that announced where their prey was, perhaps amplifying their echolocation in some way, while not disturbing their auditory canals, wherever they're located.
                        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
                          Did anyone else find it weird that the Research Center was a tent 10 miles away from the main site?
                          Well, if had been in a bunker next door the show would have only lasted 23 minutes instead of 43. And SG-1 would have been lunch.

Comment

Well, if had been in a bunker next door the show would have only lasted 23 minutes instead of 43. And SG-1 would have been lunch.

Good point.

Comment

Me, too! I was like, "Hey, Teal'c! You gotta a bit of memory loss there, or are you just playing Optimist today?"

Oh well.. It's not exactly the first time TPTB have rewritten and/or forgotten their own history and canon.

Comment

Wow...me too.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X