Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You are Martin and Joe's muses, what do you want to happen in season 3 of SGA and se

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are Martin and Joe's muses, what do you want to happen in season 3 of SGA and se

so you are joe and martin's muses, what do you want to see happen during next season of both shows. Come something crazy nutty, characters hooking up or dying. So what do you want to see. And just to get out of the way furlings, nox, rda+samantha, and tollans

A followup to the events of "Trinity", more character development, no definite canon ship as of yet, and a good balance of both Vala and Sam.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

I would love for the reset button to go far, far away. One of the things that has always been the same about all of my favorite shows is that when major events happen, we get fallout. It doesn't have to be a huge, complex, 20 minute recap of each ep; even just an offhand comment or a short 1 minute blurb would be great.

The eps after Trinity are a prime example of this. Shep told Rodney he had lost his trust, Weir chewed him out in public, and I'm sure Dr. Z was none too happy with him either. And we get...nothing. Just one little line said by anyone about how Shep (and the others) were still unhappy with Rodney would have done wonders. The only time we seem to get this is when it's part of the plot, like in Instinct/Conversion, when Shep gets jumpy at the discussion of the iratus bug. It was a great character piece, but it was only there for set-up value.

While I don't feel that SGA needs to become so focused on continuty that it's hard to follow, I do think the show would flow better if it wasn't (mostly) 20 eps that just sorta happen in chronological order, with only loose ties.

Edit: How could I forget? Shipping! Either ship them or loose the blatent UST; the "will they won't they" is highly annoying. Personally I'm all for 'no canon ship' (and yes, I am a shipper), since that way everyone can ship or not ship as they please and we can all be happy. But if you absolutly must have ship, then do it all the way, not half-assed.
      Last edited by Nienna; 02 January 2006, 08:59 PM.
      Malaka
      {Muse in Training}

Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
      Do not go gentle into that good night,
      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

i agree. realistically, a lot of people will either have the dvds (aka season 1-8 and season 1SGA) or eps on their dvd recorders (because who uses VHS anymore-rhetorical question). *ahem, moving on* so, they shouldnt need to put the full five minute+ recap, most people would remember (vaguely) what happneed and if not, then the episode shouldnt be so centred on what happened three episodes ago. ><

Ships: should be the disgression of the fans and fanficcers. Otherwise, make up your mind who is with who or suffer the wrath of the hoards of Jack and Sam fans who were messed abotu for 8 years (going on 9??)*and boy are they angry*

more stuff on the wraith. more stuff on the alterans, maybe a hint to the orii (a GOOD SGA/SGC crossover, like in HOME/Critical mass without the corny bits)

less sheppard getting it on with anything that is related to an ancient (ala tower, epiphany). less copying of old stories. more hiring of fic writers (who probably knwo ther series better than the "real" writers sometimes!!)

Less corny, more action, more real character development ala hive, duets but other than rodney. torri had a decent five minutes on Intruder, john's supposedly having an episode about his past. more about beckett, or zelenka or something exciting to make them more than 2d characters. (much loved 2d characters)

And less shrugging off important stuff for the trivial stuff (like in tower)

oh, and because it's silly: i'd hire me. ><

Join the Neko Rebellion!!
        http://sgr.hl2files.com

Comment

what about dr.wier and rodney hooking up. It would be completely out of character for rodney b/c he has a thing for blonds.

Originally posted by Nienna
          I would love for the reset button to go far, far away. One of the things that has always been the same about all of my favorite shows is that when major events happen, we get fallout. It doesn't have to be a huge, complex, 20 minute recap of each ep; even just an offhand comment or a short 1 minute blurb would be great.

The eps after Trinity are a prime example of this. Shep told Rodney he had lost his trust, Weir chewed him out in public, and I'm sure Dr. Z was none too happy with him either. And we get...nothing. Just one little line said by anyone about how Shep (and the others) were still unhappy with Rodney would have done wonders. The only time we seem to get this is when it's part of the plot, like in Instinct/Conversion, when Shep gets jumpy at the discussion of the iratus bug. It was a great character piece, but it was only there for set-up value.

While I don't feel that SGA needs to become so focused on continuty that it's hard to follow, I do think the show would flow better if it wasn't (mostly) 20 eps that just sorta happen in chronological order, with only loose ties.

Edit: How could I forget? Shipping! Either ship them or loose the blatent UST; the "will they won't they" is highly annoying. Personally I'm all for 'no canon ship' (and yes, I am a shipper), since that way everyone can ship or not ship as they please and we can all be happy. But if you absolutly must have ship, then do it all the way, not half-assed.

Comment

OK, some of mine are a little evil.

First and foremost, Sheppard paying some sort of consequence for having slept around with strange alien women (that ho).

Ronon getting so irate with Rodney he shoots him, stun of course, to shut him up. Or Ronon spiking Rodney's food with citrus to test the 'allergy' theory and lo and behold nothing actually happens to Rodney.

Be kind to poor Torri and let her have the alien with eight arms!

I'd really like to see more Teyla and Rodney friendships pieces, nothing shippy.

More Ford!!!!!!!

Comment

I'd have all the writers sit down and discuss what they're going to do with the season, how the characters are going to develop and make sure everyones on the same page before they start putting pen to paper.

Comment

For season 3 I´d like a new main enemy. I´ve always felt that the Wraith weren´t a very good concept plus that they really didn´t seem capable of taking down the Ancients. What I´d want is for it to be discovered that the Wraith were created by another race purely as a weapon against the Ancients, this race gave them most of the weapons they used. It would explain why the Wraith haven´t figured out how to build hyperdrives capable of going between galaxies, they simply are simply to stupid to come up with an original scientific theory.

I´ll add my vote to the more continuity campaign, I hate it when things that are supposed to be extremely important to a character are completely forgotten by the next episode.

I´d also like to see them fly Atlantis to a new planet, to more or less run with their tail between the legs from massively superior forces.

Comment

Originally posted by Beal
                  I'd have all the writers sit down and discuss what they're going to do with the season, how the characters are going to develop and make sure everyones on the same page before they start putting pen to paper.
                  Brilliant! If only they'd done it with THIS season.

Seriously, what I'd ask Joe's muse to tell him is, "Stick with SG-1".

Martin, Carl, Brad, and Robert are perfectly capable of writing one hell of an episode. 95% of the time. Season 1 is almost universally recognized as being downright better than Season 2, right? And who meticulously planned out Season 1? Brad Wright, in his year off being SG-1's showrunner. So, let's get some more of that magical Brad Wright story/planning and more of that magical Martin Gero writing! And throw in a dash of that BSG continuity/complexity/characterization. I faintly remember it way back from Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by unknownterra
                    First and foremost, Sheppard paying some sort of consequence for having slept around with strange alien women (that ho).
                    *in total agreement*
                    Ses
                    James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

1. No more hot babes of the week.

2. Better/stronger female characterizations for Weir and Teyla (and make Cadman recurring).

3. Deeper understandings of all our characters - yes, that means telling us their backstories. How are we supposed to care for people we know nothing about?

4. "Ship" issues - make up your minds. Yes, or no? And NO triangles! That mentality belongs in the afternoon soaps.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                        1. No more hot babes of the week.

2. Better/stronger female characterizations for Weir and Teyla (and make Cadman recurring).

3. Deeper understandings of all our characters - yes, that means telling us their backstories. How are we supposed to care for people we know nothing about?

4. "Ship" issues - make up your minds. Yes, or no? And NO triangles! That mentality belongs in the afternoon soaps.
                        I could not have said it better. All in all it boils down to respect for the viewers. It would help so much to have a sentence or two relating to the major events of a past episode that must have caused changes in people's lives. Instead we get nothing. We know no more about Sheppard, the supposedly main character, than we did in the pilot. He has become a laughing stock across several forums because of the hot alien chick thing to the extent that even when he's innocent nobody believes it. We need to go back to the sense of urgency in Season one. Maybe cutting them off from Earth again would be a good idea.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I don't mind hot babe of the season, but any more than that is just plain greedy.

Better/stronger characterization for ALL the regular characters, except McKay who seems to have had his fair share this season, so his could be cut back a bit, leaving some time for other characters to hog some good moments.

Ship issues. Sigh... I just wish there'd be No ship, then nobody would get cross with eachother and everybody could pretend what they like, with no animosity or point scoring anywhere. As a non-shipper I firmly believe Ship is best left to FF and people's imaginations.

I wish Atlantis would be cut off from earth again. I want that tension and fight for survival back that we had in season 1.

More balanced screen time for characters. When one character dominates it not only becomes boring and tiring, but the development of other characters is non-existent. So share round the good storylines and no hogging by certain character's please!

More exploration of Atlantis and more of what Sheppard's gene means.Why does he have such an unusually strong command of all the Ancient tech? etc How or why is he linked to Atlantis, or isn't he? I'd really like to know.

More Sheppard/McKay interaction a la season 1. I miss that, it's not been the same this season IMO.

Damn, forgot Shep whump - he just does it so well and there's not been enough this season!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                            More Sheppard/McKay interaction a la season 1. I miss that, it's not been the same this season IMO.
                            That's the one thing I disagree with. I think their interaction this season has been on par with the bar set in S1, humour and friendship and all.
                            sigpic
                            http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

1. No possession stories. None. Nada. Zilch.

2. Don't let Kindler near a typewriter.

3. No more random babe of the week.

4. No Ford.

5. Get Weir more involved. Give her something to do.

6. Keep crossovers to a minimum.

7. Do not use Carter to belittle McKay and save the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X