PDA

View Full Version : That Girl left behind

veneticuss
July 18th, 2004, 02:39 AM
Well could somebody explain to me why the Ancients have left that girl in Antarktida? I didnt catch that bit or just dindnt understand it

Thanks

bentleyml
July 18th, 2004, 02:40 AM
My guess is she was someone left behind to watch over this area of space.

veneticuss
July 18th, 2004, 02:44 AM
My guess is she was someone left behind to watch over this area of space.

Really? You think so? And how was she supposed to do it in a frozen stage? :rolleyes:

aaobuttons
July 18th, 2004, 02:53 AM
My interpretation was that she was left to take care of the substation that was left, keep an eye on this side of the gate. How she was frozen? Probably some sort of avalance or something. I highly doubt she ment to get frozen in ice on purpose. I mean, they had that stasis thing that Jack went into, if she wanted to wait out the ice age, she probably would have gone into that.

veneticuss
July 18th, 2004, 02:56 AM
My interpretation was that she was left to take care of the substation that was left, keep an eye on this side of the gate. How she was frozen? Probably some sort of avalance or something. I highly doubt she ment to get frozen in ice on purpose. I mean, they had that stasis thing that Jack went into, if she wanted to wait out the ice age, she probably would have gone into that.

Right, but thety did cover that place with tons of snow, didnt they? :S

aaobuttons
July 18th, 2004, 03:09 AM
I don't think the ancients had control of the weather. I have a feeling they were just unlucky and got stuck in an Ice Age!

veneticuss
July 18th, 2004, 05:39 AM
I don't think the ancients had control of the weather. I have a feeling they were just unlucky and got stuck in an Ice Age!
Well they might have. Btw We've already seen one. But they did covere it by a some kind of a wave. Didn't they?

aAnubiSs
July 18th, 2004, 05:40 AM
I'm sure the Ancients could control the weather. We've seen devices capable of doing it.

However the Ancients probably didn't want to stop the natural evolution of a planet.

veneticuss
July 18th, 2004, 05:44 AM
Yeah, i do also agree. But heve noone else notice that artificial covering that outpost just the moment they left??? Or i watched a version made in an alternate reality? :)

chiefchucky
July 18th, 2004, 06:50 AM
I think that artifical cover was the snow dome that we (modern day humans) built

veneticuss
July 18th, 2004, 07:30 AM
A snow dome?

Brianamarie
July 18th, 2004, 07:37 AM
It's a structure that modern day explorers have built so they can safely live in the Antartic for long periods of time without freezing. I'm not sure who built it (nationality wise), but I know there's one there in our universe. :)

CelticPhantom
July 18th, 2004, 07:40 AM
I have a question actually, the hologram said the surviving ancients came back, so how come they just left the female ancient there to freeze?

veneticuss
July 18th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Thats what's this thread about and still no answer :))))

Sokar
July 18th, 2004, 09:52 AM
You guys do realize that was Ayiana from S6's Frozen, right?

aAnubiSs
July 18th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Yesh

EYU86
July 18th, 2004, 09:59 AM
I think many people know its Ayana.

Torley
July 18th, 2004, 10:10 AM
That's pretty cool, I actually didn't notice this before but it seems kind of obvious now -- and a good tie-in for continuity! I wonder if we'll find out who the guy is, he looked rather cross with her before leaving.

Manic
July 18th, 2004, 11:27 AM
It doesn't make sense for her to get frozen when Atlantis departs, because the Ancients hadn't caught the plague yet. The plague must've happened when the Ancients came back to Earth (running from the Wraith), because it caused them to ascend. Ayiana had the plague when the SGC thawed her out. Thus, she must've not been frozen until long after the Ancients came back to Earth.

This also means she lived alone on Earth for a couple million years, watching that outpost. I guess she could live that long using one of their dandy healing devices.

Selmak
July 18th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Maybe she used the Ancient stasis thing.

veneticuss
July 18th, 2004, 11:54 AM
I doubt it. They found her under the ice

Blue_Revan
July 18th, 2004, 12:23 PM
They probibly new she would ascend, so leaving her was no bid deal

EYU86
July 18th, 2004, 12:27 PM
but she didn't ascend...

brooks_lt
July 18th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Spoiler Space
I think they left her behind b/c she was sick already. Why that guy was near her, I couldn't say, unless, like almost all illnesses, there were some ancients who were immune to the disease, and they were the ones who left with Atlantis and that guy with Ayana was one of them. As far as when the Ancients came back to our Galaxy, I'd guess it was about 10,000 years ago. I base that on what the Wraith caretaker said about how it's been that long since their feeding grounds were so plentiful. If this was the case, then I'd say that they returned to earth after the Antarctic gate had been buried by advancing glaciers during one of Earth's Ice Ages, and after Ra had placed the Egyptian gate on Earth. In fact, I'd even be so bold as to venture a guess that it was the returning ancients who encouraged the humans to revolt and overthrown the Goa'uld. They wouldn't have given them but the simplest material aid, as Ancients don't interfere with natural advancement of humans, but the couldn't risk the Goa'uld finding their original outpost on Earth. And that's the reason they had the Egyptians bury the gate, sealing off the Goa'uld and preventing them from returning to Atlantis. But that's just my theory.

aaobuttons
July 18th, 2004, 10:39 PM
I think that wave you mentioned was a shockwave from the city taking off. Like when you drop a rock in a pile of dirt and the dirt flies in every direction away from the rock. Its probably the same thing since it would take alot of force to push the city off the ground. Its just a guess though.

Xerom
July 18th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Maybe she used the Ancient stasis thing.

Thats what i thought originally..that she was a human who went through the same process as Jack did to save the planet bajillions of years ago.

Torley
July 18th, 2004, 11:19 PM
Yeah... why did she not ascend? Good question, if any.

veneticuss
July 19th, 2004, 12:25 AM
Yeah... why did she not ascend? Good question, if any.

Perhaps she didn't find out how and the others werent there to help her.

Markey2
July 19th, 2004, 01:03 AM
I don't know if this has been suggested before, but maybe those Humans with the gene actually inherited it from a few ancients who came back. Maybe Ayana had an "accident" and was frozen and the others came back to find Earth controlled by the Goa'uld. They then have to intermingle with the greater population of Earth and one or two sleap around.