PDA

View Full Version : Ancients vs Wraith (possible spoilers)

geb
July 18th, 2004, 02:27 AM
After watching the rising i was surprised how easily the puddle jumper destroyed the wraith dart and how the rocket launcher destroyed one as well.

If the ancients ships were more powerfull and they seeded 1000s of worlds they must have a potentially huge army so i dont know how they could of lost the war to the wraiths from what we have seen. So this begs the question how large is the wraith population.

Also if the wraith dont know about earth so why would they have sent a plague accross the milky way galaxy as well to kill the ancients. I believe the plague may have been a natural phenomenum and the wraith took advantage of the ancients weak state to destroy them. From what we have seen the plague probably wouldnt of affected the wraith.

Wass
July 18th, 2004, 02:59 AM
I think we have only seen a small number of wraith, remember it was a ship they were in and it was not the wraith home world there could be many more wraith who are sleeping but are starting to wake up.

I agree with you that the ancients were more powerfull then wraith but remember the ancient ships were controled by the mind so if the got ill it would have been diffcult for them to defend them selfs. I think the ancient did not see the wraith as big treat until the were hit by the plague.

Lord You
July 18th, 2004, 03:37 AM
Although the show implied that the Wraith were the dark enemy that drove the Ancients from Pegasus, it wasn't explicitly stated. I like to think that there is another enemy even worse still waiting out there.

Note that the plague, which wiped out the Ancients, started in our own the Milky Way Galaxy at Vis Uban: the city where Oma dropped Daniel off in the buff. I doubt that the Wraith created it; they don't seem to be the type.

geb
July 18th, 2004, 04:23 AM
I was thinking on the recording why they never said it wass the wraith who were their powerfull enemy although it is more than likely it was them.

Also, when the ancients ascended you would of thought that with all the new powers they have they would destroy the wraith and stop them from feeding of all the planets the ancients seeded.

Maybe the ascended ancients arent as powerfull as we first thought.

aAnubiSs
July 18th, 2004, 05:09 AM
I always though of the Ancients as powerful but few. And the Wraith as a race that attacks en masse.

geb
July 18th, 2004, 05:23 AM
I always though of the Ancients as powerful but few. And the Wraith as a race that attacks en masse.

Well it said in the recording they brought life to the pegassus galaxy and they seeded a thousand worlds so their must have been a great number of them.

aAnubiSs
July 18th, 2004, 05:25 AM
Not really. To seed life doesn't mean you drop off Ancients. They could have planted stuff that would evolve to human life.

And with the city they could easily have placed gates in the galaxy.

SBacklin
July 18th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Although the show implied that the Wraith were the dark enemy that drove the Ancients from Pegasus, it wasn't explicitly stated. I like to think that there is another enemy even worse still waiting out there.

Not that the plague, which wiped out the Ancients, started in our own the Milky Way Galaxy at Vis Uban: the city where Oma dropped Daniel off in the buff. I doubt that the Wraith created it; they don't seem to be the type.

In S8 opener, it was stated by the hologram that the Ancients were driven back by a dark enemy with a power that matched their own. The hologram also stated that the Ancients did not expect that. The ancients were killed/driven back. Then the disease eventually wiped them out. It was also implied that the dark enemy was the Wraith. That was also made apparent when the Wraith redhead freaked out when Sheppard had the piece of Ancient technology on him.

VirtualCLD
July 18th, 2004, 08:13 AM
In S8 opener, it was stated by the hologram that the Ancients were driven back by a dark enemy with a power that matched their own. The hologram also stated that the Ancients did not expect that. The ancients were killed/driven back. Then the disease eventually wiped them out. It was also implied that the dark enemy was the Wraith. That was also made apparent when the Wraith redhead freaked out when Sheppard had the piece of Ancient technology on him.

l'm confused. Where in S8 New Order was there ever a hollogram? The one in Rising never said anything about a disease.

GhostPoet
July 18th, 2004, 08:24 AM
I believe it was Season 7...or whenever..it was when Daniel was still ascended. They were in that tomb and found out that a disease had killed off the ancients. A plague.

It was made by the wraiths. The wraiths COULDN'T beat the ancients on the battlefield..they had to use another method.

Torley
July 18th, 2004, 10:12 AM
I'm thinking that yeah, the Wraith had to have help... I wonder if they made that plague themselves, or if there was another mastermind race on part with the Ancients still hidden that used the Wraith as pawns. It could be some pretty longwinded nefarious scheme, but you never know, eh? :)

geb
July 18th, 2004, 10:36 AM
One thing that i think is for certain is the wraith will go to earth ,maybe in season 2 or 3 and i doubt the ancient outpost wil beable to stop the wraith.

Ancient
July 22nd, 2004, 03:50 PM

Note that the plague, which wiped out the Ancients, started in our own the Milky Way Galaxy at Vis Uban: the city where Oma dropped Daniel off in the buff. I doubt that the Wraith created it; they don't seem to be the type.
where did u get the idea that it started at vis uban

Mio
July 22nd, 2004, 03:55 PM
One thing that i think is for certain is the wraith will go to earth ,maybe in season 2 or 3 and i doubt the ancient outpost wil beable to stop the wraith. Ancient military technology is obviously superior to Wraith technology.

One ancient glowy jellyfish can blow up a wraith dart, but 10 wraith darts can't blow a puddle jumper out of the sky.

There must have been thousands of darts and dozens of motherships to lay seige to Atlantis.

Buzz Lightyear
July 22nd, 2004, 06:34 PM
That was also made apparent when the Wraith redhead freaked out when Sheppard had the piece of Ancient technology on him.

That actually does not prove the Wraith are the dark enemy, though it's strongly implied. The writers have left themselves a loophole to introduce an even more formidable foe in future.

July 22nd, 2004, 07:10 PM
After watching the rising i was surprised how easily the puddle jumper destroyed the wraith dart and how the rocket launcher destroyed one as well.

If the ancients ships were more powerfull and they seeded 1000s of worlds they must have a potentially huge army so i dont know how they could of lost the war to the wraiths from what we have seen. So this begs the question how large is the wraith population.

Also if the wraith dont know about earth so why would they have sent a plague accross the milky way galaxy as well to kill the ancients. I believe the plague may have been a natural phenomenum and the wraith took advantage of the ancients weak state to destroy them. From what we have seen the plague probably wouldnt of affected the wraith.

When the Ancients said 'seeded', they simply mean jump starting the evolution so that there will be intelligent lifeform (human race). So those 1000 worlds do not help, in fact they aid the Wraith as a food source. When facing superior numbers, 10 or 100 times the Ancients had no choice but to retreat.

AmyE
July 22nd, 2004, 09:12 PM
If the Wraith are the "dark enemy" then I hope the writers show us a little more from them. It bother's me that such a powerful enemy with technology that is suppose to rival the ancients seems so untechnologically advanced. It is nice that they have all this power and gagets and can fly ships and operate the ancients gate system, but I would like to see more intelligence to back it up and not just their evilness and strength. It would be more believable to me. I agree they seemed to easy to kill and escape. Good thing they were all sleeping. But we have not seen much of them yet so I am hopeful.

cobraR478
July 22nd, 2004, 10:10 PM
Maybe the Ancients aren't a combat minded people and the Wraith caught them off-guard. Maybe the Ancients aren't good pilots. Maybe there are 500X more Wraith Darts than Puddle Jumpers. Maybe the Ancients arrogance got the best of them much like what has happened to the Tollan, the Asgard, and many Goa'uld.

John Galt
August 2nd, 2004, 07:10 AM
Maybe the Ancients aren't a combat minded people and the Wraith caught them off-guard. Maybe the Ancients aren't good pilots. Maybe there are 500X more Wraith Darts than Puddle Jumpers. Maybe the Ancients arrogance got the best of them much like what has happened to the Tollan, the Asgard, and many Goa'uld.

Agreed on the combat issue. One possibility is that the Wraith are nomadic, traveling from galaxy to galaxy and wiping out all the inhabitants. Since the Wraith seem to be nearly immortal and able to remain in stasis for thousands of years (evidenced by the ship being buried and overgrown), traveling from one galaxy to the next would be a cakewalk. If the Ancients had the same outlook as the Noxx (peaceful co-existence with all things), they'd make easy pickings for the Wraith. It's also possible that the Ancients co-existed with the Wraith and even helped them along technologically thereby creating the means of their own destruction.

keels
August 2nd, 2004, 07:49 PM
One thing that i think is for certain is the wraith will go to earth ,maybe in season 2 or 3 and i doubt the ancient outpost wil beable to stop the wraith.

i really dont think that will happen...that would have to include SG-1 and i dont think that the producers want Atlantlis to have anything to with SG-1. what will prob happen is they will find out about earth and prepare an invasion but the SGA will dystroy it....or something like. i think it is safe to say that the wraith will find out about eath.

if what u say is correct...then by that time SG1 will be over and it would be nice to c the SGC in action once agian...i would love to see but doubt it will happen.

Wildog6
August 2nd, 2004, 08:13 PM
well if you think about it there will probably be more wraith like in SG-1 we went against Ra then destroyed him and then more powerfull ones came along this will probably be the same way in SGA

but i still dont think the wrathe are the race that destroyed the ancients they will probably discover the other race in like season 3 or 4