This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients vs Wraith (possible spoilers)

After watching the rising i was surprised how easily the puddle jumper destroyed the wraith dart and how the rocket launcher destroyed one as well.

If the ancients ships were more powerfull and they seeded 1000s of worlds they must have a potentially huge army so i dont know how they could of lost the war to the wraiths from what we have seen. So this begs the question how large is the wraith population.

Also if the wraith dont know about earth so why would they have sent a plague accross the milky way galaxy as well to kill the ancients. I believe the plague may have been a natural phenomenum and the wraith took advantage of the ancients weak state to destroy them. From what we have seen the plague probably wouldnt of affected the wraith.

I think we have only seen a small number of wraith, remember it was a ship they were in and it was not the wraith home world there could be many more wraith who are sleeping but are starting to wake up.

I agree with you that the ancients were more powerfull then wraith but remember the ancient ships were controled by the mind so if the got ill it would have been diffcult for them to defend them selfs. I think the ancient did not see the wraith as big treat until the were hit by the plague.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Although the show implied that the Wraith were the dark enemy that drove the Ancients from Pegasus, it wasn't explicitly stated. I like to think that there is another enemy even worse still waiting out there.

Note that the plague, which wiped out the Ancients, started in our own the Milky Way Galaxy at Vis Uban: the city where Oma dropped Daniel off in the buff. I doubt that the Wraith created it; they don't seem to be the type.
      Last edited by Lord You; 18 July 2004, 11:29 AM. Reason: Forgot an "e" that changes the meaning of a sentence

Comment

I was thinking on the recording why they never said it wass the wraith who were their powerfull enemy although it is more than likely it was them.

Also, when the ancients ascended you would of thought that with all the new powers they have they would destroy the wraith and stop them from feeding of all the planets the ancients seeded.

Maybe the ascended ancients arent as powerfull as we first thought.

Comment

I always though of the Ancients as powerful but few. And the Wraith as a race that attacks en masse.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
            I always though of the Ancients as powerful but few. And the Wraith as a race that attacks en masse.
            Well it said in the recording they brought life to the pegassus galaxy and they seeded a thousand worlds so their must have been a great number of them.

Comment

Not really. To seed life doesn't mean you drop off Ancients. They could have planted stuff that would evolve to human life.

And with the city they could easily have placed gates in the galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You
                Although the show implied that the Wraith were the dark enemy that drove the Ancients from Pegasus, it wasn't explicitly stated. I like to think that there is another enemy even worse still waiting out there.

Not that the plague, which wiped out the Ancients, started in our own the Milky Way Galaxy at Vis Uban: the city where Oma dropped Daniel off in the buff. I doubt that the Wraith created it; they don't seem to be the type.

In S8 opener, it was stated by the hologram that the Ancients were driven back by a dark enemy with a power that matched their own. The hologram also stated that the Ancients did not expect that. The ancients were killed/driven back. Then the disease eventually wiped them out. It was also implied that the dark enemy was the Wraith. That was also made apparent when the Wraith redhead freaked out when Sheppard had the piece of Ancient technology on him.

Comment

Originally posted by SBacklin
                  In S8 opener, it was stated by the hologram that the Ancients were driven back by a dark enemy with a power that matched their own. The hologram also stated that the Ancients did not expect that. The ancients were killed/driven back. Then the disease eventually wiped them out. It was also implied that the dark enemy was the Wraith. That was also made apparent when the Wraith redhead freaked out when Sheppard had the piece of Ancient technology on him.
                  l'm confused. Where in S8 New Order was there ever a hollogram? The one in Rising never said anything about a disease.

Comment

I believe it was Season 7...or whenever..it was when Daniel was still ascended. They were in that tomb and found out that a disease had killed off the ancients. A plague.

It was made by the wraiths. The wraiths COULDN'T beat the ancients on the battlefield..they had to use another method.
                    It feels good to be alive.
                    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I'm thinking that yeah, the Wraith had to have help... I wonder if they made that plague themselves, or if there was another mastermind race on part with the Ancients still hidden that used the Wraith as pawns. It could be some pretty longwinded nefarious scheme, but you never know, eh?
                      Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                      more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

One thing that i think is for certain is the wraith will go to earth ,maybe in season 2 or 3 and i doubt the ancient outpost wil beable to stop the wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You

Note that the plague, which wiped out the Ancients, started in our own the Milky Way Galaxy at Vis Uban: the city where Oma dropped Daniel off in the buff. I doubt that the Wraith created it; they don't seem to be the type.
                          where did u get the idea that it started at vis uban

Comment

Originally posted by geb
                            One thing that i think is for certain is the wraith will go to earth ,maybe in season 2 or 3 and i doubt the ancient outpost wil beable to stop the wraith.
                            Ancient military technology is obviously superior to Wraith technology.

One ancient glowy jellyfish can blow up a wraith dart, but 10 wraith darts can't blow a puddle jumper out of the sky.

There must have been thousands of darts and dozens of motherships to lay seige to Atlantis.
                            Last edited by Mio; 22 July 2004, 08:31 PM. Reason: rewording
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SBacklin
                              That was also made apparent when the Wraith redhead freaked out when Sheppard had the piece of Ancient technology on him.
                              That actually does not prove the Wraith are the dark enemy, though it's strongly implied. The writers have left themselves a loophole to introduce an even more formidable foe in future.
                              To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Working...
                              X