Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Writing for "Stargate: Horizon"?

G'dat All! How's it going?

I'm a little curious. I love reading these episodes, but I want to know if we, the fans, can submit ideas and write episodes.

Is this possible?

Cheers Matt.

Originally posted by matt
    G'dat All! How's it going?

I'm a little curious. I love reading these episodes, but I want to know if we, the fans, can submit ideas and write episodes.

Is this possible?

Cheers Matt.
    Hey Matt,

Right now we're actually still looking for additional writers to join the staff. To do that, the person would be required to submit a writing sample that we'll then be taking a look at. Writing samples should be script format (prose is accepted, but script is preferred), and they can basically be anything.

You can also submit ideas from outside the staff (basically like a freelance writer), but not complete written episodes. The best way would be to pitch your ideas (by PM or email) by writing up a brief synopsis of what the episode would be about. However, right now we've got a lot of episodes already planned out, and the direction the rest of the season will be taking is pretty clear as well. So there'd be no guarantees of course.

I will say chances of writing an episode are better when being on staff, but basically anyone can submitt episode ideas, and one episode of Season Two was actually written by a freelance writer. So to answer the question: it is possible.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Yup, Valiant. And it was a fine episode, too. I hope Aaron writes more...

Comment

Well, Destiny's coming out soon, and I know "Treasure Trove" was penned by him. So if you liked "Valiant," that should also be enjoyable.
        Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
        Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
        Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
        Stargate Destiny, Fan
        Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

I'm definitely looking forward to Destiny, and I can't wait 'till... Febuary, I think, when "Treasure Trove" airs?

Comment

I've also began outline The Farm now....as for episode air dates: http://sg-universe.net/schedules/
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Yes, the Farm looks promising. I should know .

Anyway, I know there were a couple posts on this at the old horizon forum, but I dont really think there were too many people pitching ideas.

And I can really see why Alex had Aaron here write an episode
              ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

No, please be quiet. Don't go over rating. Hasn't NoDot pitched a few ideas this season, Alex?
                sigpic

Comment

Face it, you're good at writing. Damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                    Hasn't NoDot pitched a few ideas this season, Alex?
                    I've pitched three so far. One of them, though, was because of your badgering about SGH's first FanFic.
                    This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Oh, the one about the probe? I just thought it would have been a little bigger since ya ended on a cliff hanger.
                      sigpic

Comment

Gah. I've just sent for a new laptop that should arrive any day now...

Hopes new laptop will come with a host of new plot bunnies.

Really mean, nasty looking plot bunnies.

With zats. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                          Oh, the one about the probe? I just thought it would have been a little bigger since ya ended on a cliff hanger.
                          As the great deities already know, plot bunnies reproduce quickly near me. I swear, I must be a catalyst for their reproduction!
                          This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

I am not quite up to speed on Horizon yet but once that's done and I get around to publishing my fanfic I have a bunch of ideas (some almost fully planned out) I'd like you guys to consider. Once my fanfic is published could that act as my writing sample?
                            "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
                            I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

If you wrote it, it sure can.
                              Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                              Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                              Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                              Stargate Destiny, Fan
                              Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Working...
                              X