This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inability to return

Let's think: who (beside Ancients/Gatebuilders/Atlantians) can make a Stargate connection to another galaxy? Oh yes... And wasn't it O'Neill who saved their little gray butts from the Replicators?

So... One could simply ask the Asgard to give/borrow Earth two power modules (or whatever), ONLY for this purpose: one for Cheyenne Mountain base, and one for Atlantis base.

And if it wouldn't be possible, then after, say, a year of silence from Atlantis, Thor could be persuaded to take SG1 on a little "sightseeing" trip to a Pegasus galaxy

Second possibility: to go to the Keb sanctuary and try to ask at a source. Resident monk (or Oma herself) propably wouldn't help, but it couldn't hurt to ask

Regards,
    Massar

Originally posted by Massar
    And if it wouldn't be possible, then after, say, a year of silence from Atlantis, Thor could be persuaded to take SG1 on a little "sightseeing" trip to a Pegasus galaxy
    Ah, yes...BUT after awakening the Wraith, as they so conveniently did in the premiere, it is best to keep the battle in the Pegasus galaxy (and also give purpose to a spin-off). Any contact with or travel to/from Earth theoretically risks the Wraith finding out where Earth is. This would be a bad thing, no?
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Massar
      Let's think: who (beside Ancients/Gatebuilders/Atlantians) can make a Stargate connection to another galaxy? Oh yes... And wasn't it O'Neill who saved their little gray butts from the Replicators?
      I think the point of Stargate SG-1 season eight is that the Asgards are busy/on the run.

Comment

The Asgard have been beaten down to about the bare minimum necessary to sustain their civilization. Given time, sure, they can probably come to our aid again, but they probably need all their resources to establish their new homeworld, and the Replicators still aren't eradicated yet. And unlike the Wraith, the Replicators have proven intergalactic travel capabilities, so they should still be considered the priority threat even after the SGC learns of the Wraith. The only way the Wraith would override that is if they actually appeared in our (or the Asgard's) galaxy and started up the buffet (which probably won't happen for several seasons, if ever).

SPOILER

However, about contact with Earth: that'll happen before the first half of this season is up. Going to Earth isn't the problem, just keep the Wraith from figuring out where it is. Unless there's a spy in Atlantis, two-way travel shouldn't be a danger.

END SPOILER

Edit: someone beat me to it, and far more succinctly. I guess I suffer from a bit of Carter's Exposition Syndrome, heh.

Comment

one spoiler for Home:

Actually, they don't really get to earth, the hammond you see is an alien impersonating him

Comment

Shockwave's spoiler is right, and a spoiler of my own:

In the teaser for the SGA episode "Suspicion" there is indeed a spy in Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by ylai
              I think the point of Stargate SG-1 season eight is that the Asgards are busy/on the run.
              Not anymore. Now that they are all on a planet, and probably keeping the Daniel Jackson in orbit with it's Ultra Replicator Destroyer, they have nothing to fear.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X