Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is President Adar really dead? Possible Spoilers!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is President Adar really dead? Possible Spoilers!

I think President Adar is really alive!

Maybe he is being held hostage by the cylons, exscaped secretly on another Battlestar, or he is a cylon himself. I would not be surprise if he showed up and challenged President Roslin's power or showed up shortly before she died. I just feel like there is more to that part of the story.

What do you guys think? He was a close friend of Baltar, who whether human or cylon himself is currently being manipulated by the cylons.

We've had enough of that with Cain.

Comment

I don´t think we need Adar to be a Cylon to be a disturbing element. He might be alive in Caprica, and Starbuck promised Anders she would go back. It would be really interesting a triangle Adar-Roslin-Adama (not ship one). What would he think about "new" Laura? Because I´ve read in a few interviews that Mary and TPTB are portraying Laura´s disease as a new beginning for her, with more strengh and will, and more capable of making togh decisions if necessary. It could be an interesting source of conflict with Adama and with th Quorum.

Comment

I think we'll see enough of him in Laura's flashbacks.

Comment

I guess so. But wasting an actor as Colm Feore in just an episode...! I really want to see that episode and I hope the chemistry works between him and Mary (she told in TV GUIDE Laura was Adar´s lover).

Comment

Originally posted by DOIKECARTER
            I guess so. But wasting an actor as Colm Feore in just an episode...! I really want to see that episode and I hope the chemistry works between him and Mary (she told in TV GUIDE Laura was Adar´s lover).
            Hmmm. Intimate involvement between high ranking government officials....
            Let the euphamisms begin!!

They were 'pushing thru legislation'
            or maybe she was 'riding his coattails'
            At least she probably got his 'approval numbers up!'

"Oooh Adar. Give me that big budget!"
            "Sorry. My poll numbers are softening."
            Freedom is Slavery. Spending is Stimulus. Hope is Change

Comment

If all of that is true, that makes me think he'll come back. They could of used someone unrecogonizable.

Comment

Well, I think that Colm Feore isn´t THAT popular, although he´s really a great actor and he is capable of being a good guy (City of Angels) and an even better bad guy (Storm of the Century). I hope we may see him more than just in an episode.

Comment

Colm Feore has an excellent range of acting skills, if anyone heare has seen Trudeau they will agree. He often plays a man in a leadership role (i.e. PM Trudeau) and i think him playing Adar is an excellent type cast for him, also he is a larger acter so we could see more from him, it would also help lcean up the issue of what to do when Roslyn dies, though legally he is no longer president. there is also the option of friction between he and adama as adam clearly thought Adar was an idiot. not to mention the fun Tom Zarak would have.
                  why does McKay pronounce it Day-ta and not Data?
                  Or why loootenant and not lieutenant?

Comment

Well, I think that Colm Feore isn´t THAT popular, although he´s really a great actor and he is capable of being a good guy (City of Angels) and an even better bad guy (Storm of the Century). I hope we may see him more than just in an episode.
                    No, he isn't THAT popular. But he is recognizable esp to some sci fi fans maybe not by name but too much just to be given a small part with no lines or very few lines. He was the villain in Chronicles of Riddick.

For such a small part, they could have hired someone completely unknown like the cylon Simon from the episode the Farm, the one who played the doctor. I was watching While You Were Sleeping the other day and realized he had a small part in the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Render
                      Colm Feore has an excellent range of acting skills, if anyone heare has seen Trudeau they will agree. He often plays a man in a leadership role (i.e. PM Trudeau) and i think him playing Adar is an excellent type cast for him, also he is a larger acter so we could see more from him, it would also help lcean up the issue of what to do when Roslyn dies, though legally he is no longer president. there is also the option of friction between he and adama as adam clearly thought Adar was an idiot. not to mention the fun Tom Zarak would have.

Have you seen "Empire"? I thought it was a mixture of many previous seen stories but Colm Feore played a real powerful Julius Caesar (I preferred him to the one played by Ciaran Hinds in "Rome") and I only wish he had more screen time.

Comment

I think they should leave the dead ones dead so to speak. I was not happy with the rescue of Helo since it dilutes the decision he made in the pilot.

Indeed if all the big names are eventually going to reappera it again dilutes the impact and shock of the 9/11 style holocaust and actually goes against the spirit of this reimagined series which is more akin to a docudrama disaster movie than the camp Dallas-like original (classic) series.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Baltar
                          I think they should leave the dead ones dead so to speak. I was not happy with the rescue of Helo since it dilutes the decision he made in the pilot.

Indeed if all the big names are eventually going to reappera it again dilutes the impact and shock of the 9/11 style holocaust and actually goes against the spirit of this reimagined series which is more akin to a docudrama disaster movie than the camp Dallas-like original (classic) series.

I´m sure he won´t be back and I guess that´s better for the show and for Laura Roslin´s character. Two years after the holocaust she definitely has learnt to be a president herself....she´s moved on, as all the characters have, but I like the actor very much and I was really surprised by him being the President.

About Helo being back I´d like to see him as a crewmember and not just as Sharon 2´s lover...I have more problems with Kara´s promise to Anders in THE FARM. Is he worth of being saved? Absolutely but....shoudn´t we expect to have more survivors in the rest of the Colonies? What about checking the military bases for vessels, supplies, whatever? What about radiation poisoning? Is it right to leave those survivors behind to go Earth, wherever it is?

Comment

Working...
                          X