This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, what's our take on Girl Teal'c?

I honestly don't remember her name, and I'm not sure she moves me at all. That didn't give her crap to do in the premier, but even if they did I don't know if it would be any different.

Pretty much everyone else is great. But gay new-chevron-guy isn't going to cut it (the dude in the baby blue sweater). He should have been the first casualty before Sumner.

Her name is TEYLA EMMAGAN... When first saw her I thought girl Teal'c too. She is a leader and a good fighter, I liker her. What chevron guy? Do you mean McKay or that british guy?

Comment

If you are talking about the british guy (the guy who activates the gate shield for the first time) I think his name is Peter Grodin... I don't like him much either. McKay is in charge of interfacing our tech with Ancient tech... He should dial the gate.

Comment

Yeah, who knows... Teyl'c will likely play a pivotal role in freeing her people from the Wraith! She sure talks really classy though.
        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

We didn't really get to know a whole lot about her personality, she didn't strike me as a girl teal'c, she didn't really strike me as much of anything. I'm going to wait a couple more episodes until we know more what she's about.

Comment

I'm sure they're taking a direction as to avoid heavy overlap and comparison with the SG-1 characters... maybe she'll even have some special powers we'll see yet. I agree, I'm gonna tune in to see what her personality is like and stuff.

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version

Comment

I liked Teyla

Comment

I like her. She did have a 'special power' as she mentioned some of her people were able to feel the wraith when they were near, and when she and Shephard were leaving the ruins, she paused and said "The Wraith!" before anything else would have alerted them.

I didn't get the impression she was a girl Teal'c (aside from the position of an alien on the main exploration team). She has a much different personality and circumstances.

I didn't think I'd like the character but I did. I think the actress did a very good job.
                sigpic

Comment

One word about her character. Nice....

Spoiler Space
                  ****** USE IT *******
                  SFA rank - Sgt-At-Arms

To find out more vist the FAQ

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogma of war!

Comment

i love all of the characters in atlantis! you have the scottish doctor embodied in fear of the ancient technology, you have teyla who's a bada$$ chick, you have mckay who is just HOTTER than everything, and sheppard...oh my goodness.

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                    Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                    Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

I'm hoping Teyla will grow on me because she didn't do much for me in the premiere. But on the other hand I really haven't seen much of her so I'll see how it goes. I was pretty ambivalent about Teal'c at first and he's now one of my favorites.

It's weird because both of the female characters are the ones I have reservations about. I really liked all the guys.
                      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by shinyredpants
                        i love all of the characters in atlantis! you have the scottish doctor embodied in fear of the ancient technology, you have teyla who's a bada$$ chick, you have mckay who is just HOTTER than everything, and sheppard...oh my goodness.
                        LOL My wife said the same thing about Sheppard. "Who's that hot guy?"
                        as she walked by during the opening 15 mins. She watched the rest of the show with me. Hmmm... I think Scifi has a good marketing tool for "attracting" new viewers.

Spoiler Space
                        ****** USE IT *******
                        SFA rank - Sgt-At-Arms

To find out more vist the FAQ

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogma of war!

Comment

i think they definitely did a good job with the "hot guy" factor in this one...and with SG-1...maybe creators are starting to realize the woman fanbase?

okay i doubt it...but whatever =)

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                          Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                          Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

I think she's awesome..I can see she'll have a lot of depth.

I didn't really get the feeling she was a "teal'c clone" tho. She feels like her own person.
                            It feels good to be alive.
                            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Let's hope she doesn't lose any more necklaces

Comment

Working...
                              X