Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q about Dr.Weir and Colonel Sumner (Spoiley pic)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q about Dr.Weir and Colonel Sumner (Spoiley pic)

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1...s/101_15.shtml

I was waiting to see something there after I saw she was involved with someone else... early in the episode. It would have made her character look like a girl who gets around and thrown that nice Gilligan's Island easy chick element into the series.

LOL, u used a screencap of Narim from one of his episodes.
    Sweet.
    *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
    McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Can't you see from the picture Weir didn't want to kiss him? She's about to punch him in the face. lol. but seriously it was probably just done to mess with the fans and was never supposed to be in the episode.
      My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

SPOILERS

Haha... well, you know, the T-1000's jaw can easily reshape itself back after being deformed.

Was kind of funny to see Robert Patrick in the lair of the Wraith, his reactions when they regenerated were kind of like, "Hey, if I was still that Terminator cop guy, dollars to donuts I could do that too!" and then he'd turn his arm into a spike and impale the Wraith (who apparently seem to be vulnerable to such a simple mode of attack!)
        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

It's a "joke" spoiler pic. They've done it before and I no doubt believe they'll do it again. The kissing pics always get a great buzz going.
          Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
          O'Neill: Who doesn't?
          - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
          - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
          once done, cannot be undone...
          brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

It might have also been less of a shippy thing and more of a "hey, we made it!" kind of kiss. I've got friends who have been known to do that.

And there's also the possibility that the producers were just screwing with us.
            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
            Last update: 14 April 2006
            Melyanna's Multimedia
            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

I think they're screwing with us. I watched Rising twice already and I don't recall that scene.

Comment

Yes they are screwing us

I think most on the forum that read spoilers and watch pictures already knew that. Atleast I did.

Comment

Or maybe they just deleted the scene, haha, but i guess it would be alot more possible they just did it because yah, the 'screwy' ways of tptb
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Whenever I see a picture like that I assume they're screwing with us. In fact, it helps to assume all pre-release pictures are a crock. Guilty until proven innocent in spoiler-land, I say!

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

I remember, back in high school, the Drama Club was doing a musical (I was one of the set-building grunt-workers). The school's film crew (we had an early-morning TV show for morning announcements) came in to do a commercial for the play. Well, the cast improvized a handful of songs, dances, jokes, gags, and fake scenes right there on the spot. Why? To draw people in, screw with expectations of the musical, and to immitate movies and TV shows that do the same thing.

Personally, I avoided the "Rising" spoiler page. After I saw the episode, I hit the spoiler page to see if anything was made-up to throw the spoiler-seeking fans off. That picture was the best laugh I had all day.
                      It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Originally posted by OsirisDICK
                        http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1...s/101_15.shtml
                        I was waiting to see something there after I saw she was involved with someone else...
                        In the Atlantis preview on UK DVD #37, there was a short clip:

Sumner and Weir are looking around with puzzled faces after(?) they have arrived in Atlantis. Then someone (director Martin Wood?) says "And now kiss her." The actors of Sumner and Weir look at each other and kiss, and while Martin Wood yells "Cut", Weir grabs Sumner's head and lays a really big one on him. Then everyone on set starts laughing. The photo must have been taken in that moment.
                        No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                        (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                          In the Atlantis preview on UK DVD #37, there was a short clip:

Sumner and Weir are looking around with puzzled faces after(?) they have arrived in Atlantis. Then someone (director Martin Wood?) says "And now kiss her." The actors of Sumner and Weir look at each other and kiss, and while Martin Wood yells "Cut", Weir grabs Sumner's head and lays a really big one on him. Then everyone on set starts laughing. The photo must have been taken in that moment.
                          That actually makes sense as a scene...and I just noticed that that's the Atlantis gate behind them. I thought they were at the SGC. Seeing how Robert Patrick portrayed the Colonel in the end (i.e., no humor, no excitement at embarking on the trip), it would have been totally out of character for Sumner to do that.
                          Last edited by Anthro Girl; 18 July 2004, 12:15 PM. Reason: clarification...

Comment

i didnt think the dr. was getting it on with the colonel that kicks ass!!

Comment

Working...
                            X