This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supply

I am wondering whether the supply those people took through the Gate might be too little for a one way journey. Just imagine how your list would be, if you were in the situation that no supply could be expected for years to come.

On the top of my list and what I did not saw would be:

- animals (I do not expect the whole team to be vegitarians)
    - infrastructure to make ammunitions and weapon replacement parts
    - infrastructure to make new conductive wires, electronic components, or even silicon chip wafers
    - pharmaceutical infrastructure to synthesize drugs
    - larger medical examination instruments, like X-ray or MRT

I too wonder about food.

But infrastructure to make silicon chip wafers... Do you know how many steps and different machines are needed to make the wafers.. Even pharmaceutical machines are the same... large bulky and not very practical to bring with you. Not to mention the raw materials needed to make such products.

I'm sure they were counting on the City having more advanced tech that deals with this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by w1cket01
      But infrastructure to make silicon chip wafers... Do you know how many steps and different machines are needed to make the wafers.. Even pharmaceutical machines are the same... large bulky and not very practical to bring with you. Not to mention the raw materials needed to make such products.
      Well, yes. It would just be my first concern if someone asks me to signup for such a one-way trip... ;-)

I'm sure they were counting on the City having more advanced tech that deals with this stuff.
      Well, fortunately they found the City in a pretty good shape. But that was damn risky - since they did not know that for sure in the first place.

Comment

I too was wondering why they brought so little gear with them but I'm willing to forget so I can concentrate on watching the new episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by w1cket01
          I too was wondering why they brought so little gear with them but I'm willing to forget so I can concentrate on watching the new episodes.
          It is certainly interesting to have something now that corresponds to the Voyager in the Star Trek franchise. Maybe we will see more gears simply "appearing", or alternatively more of the City (preferably the second one).

Comment

I hope the series writers do not ignore the fact that the teams will soon run out of earth ammo for earth weapons and have them start using some ancient weapons like the awesome replimulcher O'niell made when his brain was interfaced with The Daniel Jackson.

Comment

I would assume that a large amount of army rations were taken as a food supply.

I think the main thing though was where they were going it was either going to be good or bad. If it was good they would find supplies and friends and they would make things work. If it was bad, they would all die and they wouldn't need extra supplies.

Even though where they were going might not have been habitable or liveable, they had the stargate, they could hop across the planets looking for a field with crops or a forest with deer, they had the intention of trading and making allies. It was either going to work or not, no need to pack alot of extra junk you don't have time for. (remember they didn't know how long the wormhole would stay open so they had to move their people thru fast).
              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

How did the Ancients make food in Atlantis? There must be some sort of technology to a make food.

Comment

They could probably survive just by drinking water, and they had quite alot there

Comment

It is probably salt water... maybe they can go fishing.

Comment

Does anyome remember seeing any fish when we saw underwater views?
                      *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                      McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Ah, that's why Jack can't catch any fish. The plauge is actually the ability to be so lucky that you'll never get any fish! IE they died from starvation.

Comment

Ahh, it finally all makes sense!

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
                            Does anyome remember seeing any fish when we saw underwater views?
                            They probably swam away when the engines started.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                              They probably swam away when the engines started.
                              But how bout before the engines started, when they first realized that they were underwater. What then huh, answer that smart guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X