X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poker Cards Airforce Patch on Mitchell

http://www.sg.emedian.net/as/ep/s9/9...1-912-0001.jpg

Anybody have a clue what the Cards Patch on Mitchell's right shoulder stand for?

Do you want guesses or somebody that knows what they are talking about? I rarely know what I'm talking about, but I'll take a guess...

We know that fighter squadrons give their teams [or whatevers] informal names, so Mitchell's squadron? Lucky Sevens?

On a totally unrelated note: Hey! New smilies! Can somebody tell me which one is Mitchell so I can use it? Oh, wait, they tell you when you put your cursor over them, so - --

hahahaha. Everyone is smiling except McKay!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnquixote
      http://www.sg.emedian.net/as/ep/s9/9...1-912-0001.jpg

Anybody have a clue what the Cards Patch on Mitchell's right shoulder stand for?
      It will be the Unit Badge for the Unit he's assigned to (most likely an F-16 unit). I'm not sure what unit that is though, so a google might help.
      The F-16 in the background is marked as one from the 144th Fighter Wing, which is based out of Fresno Air National Guard Base in California. However, afaik, they dont have any badges with 5 playing cards on them (and I'm pretty sure Mitchell wouldnt be National Guard anyway...)

Comment

You are correct, each wing and squadron have unit patches and slogans distinctive to that unit. The Patch on Mitchell’s shoulder would be his squadron patch the shield on the plane would be his wing’s.

The Air Guard and Active Duty work very closely now days, wouldn’t surprise me at all that Mitchell was on an air guard base. If nothing else a simple refueling stop, but more likely an exercise.

BTW - -the 21st Fighter Squadron out of Luke AFB are called the Gamblers... different Patch though.
        Last edited by sarge; 30 December 2005, 05:38 AM.

Comment

GOT IT!
          77th Fighter Squadron out of Shaw AFB

Some of the 77th's patches

Comment

And Shaw is in South Carolina, which makes a lot of sense for southerner Mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by sarge
              GOT IT!
              77th Fighter Squadron out of Shaw AFB

Some of the 77th's patches
              lol, I was looking around that site but didnt see anything. Guess I should have kept at it longer

Comment

Oh, dear...

Must. Stop. Laughing.

It was an F-16 pilot out of Shaw that... er... somehow missed the bombing range and dropped a practice bomb on the grounds of my company's Sumter plant back in 2000. Annihilated a section of chain link fence. Made a ten-foot-wide crater. Agitated plant security something awful - not to mention the grounds-keeping staff next day. Got us into the CNN news rotation. Amused the dickens out of all of us at Corporate up in PA - well, all except the vice president who got the call, at some ungodly hour, from a plant manager who wasn't known to drink, saying that the Air Force had bombed the plant and what was supposed to do now????

Must! Stop! Laughing!

The folks at our plant near Whiteman assure me that the B-2 crews are much better shots, however; and, since there've been no smoking mini-craters at the Missouri, plant, I've never looked up with the same degree of trepidation when a military jet cruised low overhead there... but we still tease them that we'll call the Air Force to help if they want to change the fencing around the grounds.
                ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                  And Shaw is in South Carolina, which makes a lot of sense for southerner Mitchell.
                  That's pretty neat how all that pans out.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                    Oh, dear...

Must. Stop. Laughing.

It was an F-16 pilot out of Shaw that... er... somehow missed the bombing range and dropped a practice bomb on the grounds of my company's Sumter plant back in 2000. Annihilated a section of chain link fence. Made a ten-foot-wide crater. Agitated plant security something awful - not to mention the grounds-keeping staff next day. Got us into the CNN news rotation. Amused the dickens out of all of us at Corporate up in PA - well, all except the vice president who got the call, at some ungodly hour, from a plant manager who wasn't known to drink, saying that the Air Force had bombed the plant and what was supposed to do now????

Must! Stop! Laughing!

The folks at our plant near Whiteman assure me that the B-2 crews are much better shots, however; and, since there've been no smoking mini-craters at the Missouri, plant, I've never looked up with the same degree of trepidation when a military jet cruised low overhead there... but we still tease them that we'll call the Air Force to help if they want to change the fencing around the grounds.
                    Hey, I remember that... It made the news down here

Hahahaha, I wonder if it was Mitchell...

Comment

He probably set something up to go for a ride in one of the squadron's jets and they gave him a flight suit and unit patch to keep as a momento of the ride.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                      X