This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Who: Does he bat for the other side?

I was going to post this in the 10th Doctor thread but I thought I would just start a new thread given the topic and the potential (not mine) for it to get nasty.

I wanted to gauge a response to something I read on another site about Dr Who. The person said something along the lines of *paraphrasing* "I didn't really like TCI and with Tennant we get more of the writers attempt to make the Doctor homosexual".

Now I know Russell T Davies is gay *shock, horror* but I am yet to see anything in Chris or David’s portrayal of the Doctor to say he is "Homosexual" or even a little confused.

So I was wondering if anyone here thinks he is playing "homosexual" and if so why you think that?

I myself have no idea where this is coming from? I just don't see it and really until the kiss with Rose (not Jack) in PotW I always saw the Doctor as being more Asexual then anything.

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Willow'sCat; 30 December 2005, 01:05 AM. Reason: GW editor mode is rubbish.

Asexual, definitely. If there's potential for gayness it wasn't introduced by RD, DT or CE. Just look at JP's outfit

I like asexual. The closest the Doctor has come to being sexual (not counting that useless Telemovie) is his acknowledgement of Jack's omnisexuality - but that never went beyond wry amusement to actual response; and his kissing his friends in PotW - but that is very easy to interpret as chaste and platonic, if a bit more passionate than usual. Death throes make a good excuse for that though.

I hope he stays asexual. The TV program can get sexual, with Rose, Jack and other characters having 'feelings' like that, but not the Doctor.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
      Asexual, definitely.
      That's what I think, and the Telly movie as you put it just made me more convinced he should remain that way.

Just look at JP's outfit
      Heehee, I liked that outfit although everyone calls it "flamboyant" which is obviously code for some.

I hope he stays asexual. The TV program can get sexual, with Rose, Jack and other characters having 'feelings' like that, but not the Doctor.
      Amen, but if by chance a TimeLady was to wander his way, I wouldn't be entirely against it. For the species.

Spoiler:

I guess the Time-wars rule that out now.
      Last edited by Willow'sCat; 30 December 2005, 01:07 AM.

Comment

I feel that, even if a Time Lady were around, they probably wouldn't do that. It doesn't seem very Gallifreyan.

And no, he doesn't bat for the other side; I see him more in the role of an umpire.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
          I wanted to gauge a response to something I read on another site about Dr Who. The person said something along the lines of *paraphrasing* "I didn't really like TCI and with Tennant we get more of the writers attempt to make the Doctor homosexual".
          Never saw it myself... Where in the world did that person get that idea? Is it from all the hugging? If anything... I think that they're setting up something between Rose and the Dr... which is something I'm not entirely comfortable with.

I agree with you and Madeline... I prefer the Doctor to remain asexual... he's a lot more fun that way.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I agree, Asexual is perfect for the Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
              Never saw it myself... Where in the world did that person get that idea? Is it from all the hugging?
              I don't know I am still waiting for them to reply to my post. I thought maybe I had missed something, that others had seen.

I know RTD has pushed the show a little further towards PG viewing, but only just, I still wouldn't have a problem with a child watching the show, and I see some fun innuendo with Capt Jack, but that is all it is "innuendo" which mostly would go over kids heads. *even kids today*

So no, I don't see it either.

Hey look it's Dr Who lol. *sorry*

Comment

From what I've seen on a few forums it seems that some fans of the old series think that everything RTD writes is trying to push some sort of gay agenda. I guess they had a heart attack when Captain Jack showed up.

Comment

Originally posted by in circles
                  From what I've seen on a few forums it seems that some fans of the old series think that everything RTD writes is trying to push some sort of gay agenda. I guess they had a heart attack when Captain Jack showed up.
                  Oh I did but for completley different reasons. Yeah, I am begining to think it is more to do with RTD and not the Doctor.

Comment

Perhaps they are all homophobic?
                    btw I think the Doctor should stay A- Sexual. Thats the way things work best.
                    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                      I think the Doctor should stay A- Sexual. Thats the way things work best.
                      Absolutely. *Puts on Mary Whitehouse hat* There's enough snogging etc. on the box as it is. A bit of mild flirtation is all I want to see, don't mind if it's with guys or gals but keep it platonic. Concentrate on fighting off alien invaders and generally saving the universe, Doc.

.. can I take this off now? Doesn't suit me.

sigpic
                      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Hear hear Commander Ivanova

Comment

That's what I think, and the Telly movie as you put it just made me more convinced he should remain that way.
                          Yeah, me too.

Heehee, I liked that outfit although everyone calls it "flamboyant" which is obviously code for some.
                          Naw, can't see it with Jon's portrayal.

Amen, but if by chance a TimeLady was to wander his way, I wouldn't be entirely against it. For the species.
                          The Gallifreyans are supposed to sterile.

To survive as a species, they invented regeneration technology to increase longevity and loom technology to pop out new Gallifreyans as fully-grown adults.

Gallifreyans don't have a libido and aren't...responsive.

This began to change in the novel, Lungbarrow, but RTD tends to ignore the novels and follow the original series & even the untelevisioned concepts and ideas of the original series.

So, I'm guessing he's staying asexual.

[EDIT: Just had a new idea for an off-topic thread..."Asexuals Unite!"]
                          Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 31 December 2005, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                            And no, he doesn't bat for the other side; I see him more in the role of an umpire.
                            You mean he officiates?

I'll never look at baseball the same way again.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                              The Gallifreyans are supposed to sterile.
                              Yes but with modern technology. I guess what I meant was if they feel the need to do this "relationship" thing, which I hope they don't, then it should be only with a TimeLady or Gallifreyan.

Gallifreyans don't have a libido and aren't...responsive.
                              You don't read the naughty fanfic then?!

The reason I started this Thread was because I have never seen him as anything but asexual and I have always loved that about The Doctor and I don't see him being any other way, but some people do seem to, and I wanted to gauge why, I am glad everyone here so far still believes he is asexual and should stay that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X