This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Words of the Wraith...

Annals of the Curator of the Feeding Grounds, in the first rotation of the New Awakening of the Wraith.

"Entry the second.

"Signs have come from among the herd, signs we have not known since the Awakening of the Great War. Our scouts, pursuing these signs, ensnared a group of strange humans trespassing upon the grounds of our stewardship. Their prime male was strong, but our lady, the Keeper of the Sleep, nonetheless took from his mind tidings of his home territory — a fertile world swarming with prey. This world, Earth, is far from here and the route there is unknown, but a banquet spread cannot be ignored. We do not doubt that we will one day reach this bounty and devour it in an orgy of great strengthening and joy.

(rest at scifi.com)

What do you think of this? Written by one of the new series' writers? And what does it say of the Wraith?
    sigpic

bad@$$! To the max. You just came across this? DIdn;'t you check out the site before?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Just saw it...I think they only had an excerpt before, and will be updating it as time comes...

Interesting to have the perspective/propaganda of the main enemy. So essentially it boils down to "we need to eat other people, that is our nature and it is our right==and no one understands this fact so they should all die!" Is that it? I'm hoping for more--more culture, more sympathetic qualities.

Also, it would be great to see the perspective of Dr. Weir and the leadership of the city as they built their settlement. Dr. Weir = Major Sheppard - Teyla; the axis of leaders will make for an interesting alliance. Allusions of Captain Janeway=="I'm not just the leader of a ship, I'm in charge of a community and there needs to be entertainment, culture..." it seems Dr. Weir has an even harder job. So I'd also be interested in a running commentary from the Atlantis city viewpoint.

As for the Wraith, that message is quite interesting, if rather unnerving.
      sigpic

Comment

Hmmm... from that perspective, the Wraiths don't seem so bad. They just need to eat and the Ancients were mean to them and tried to stop the poor Wraiths from eating, which of course would result in their death. You can't deny a creature a basic meal. Then again, it is us that they're eating.....
        Naquada Nuke ths SOBs!

Comment

Can't the Wraiths feed on like monkeys and other mammals. Then they wouldn't have much of a problem with catching their food.
          *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
          McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
            Can't the Wraiths feed on like monkeys and other mammals. Then they wouldn't have much of a problem with catching their food.
            Yeah, why is it always the poor human beings? Can't they go feed off of longer living creatures with more "life energy"?

Comment

Like elephants, giraffes, gorillas, rhinos, hippopotamus...
              whales maybe
              *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
              McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Working...
              X