Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with all the flippin polar bears?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's with all the flippin polar bears?!

Their on a jungle island! What are polar bears doing there?!

In Season 2's "Orientation" we get the best answer so far:
    Spoiler:
    Dr Candle: "...imagined a large-scale communal research compound, where scientists and free thinkers from around the globe could pursue research in meteorology, psychology, parapsychology, zoology (they show a picture of two polar bears fighting), electromagnetism and utopian social-"

So there are 6 stations on the island. At the moment they are in Station 3: The Swan, which I assume is the electromacnatism station. There must be another station on the island that was researching zoology, and the polar bears escaped.

Comment

But are they really polar bears though? I can't recall...I know the cast calls them that. I was surprised to see the black stallion in the last episode - it's almost as if this island is an amusement park where the person's thoughts/past comes alive. Not a new concept though: originally was in Star Trek (ep: shore leave), and there's also an SG episode from season 1 as well. Lots evolve from the original ST in today's shows.
      Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

So...its a massive Holodeck?

Comment

Nope no holodeck the bears are real
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Aren't the stations all over the world?

Comment

All too real and that's what makes it puzzling....it's not really sci-fi where you can guess it's probably a holodeck, but in this case, it's more real life, so that's what makes you wonder what the heck is that doing there.

I like to see what else they come up with in the new season

Originally posted by Qasim
              Nope no holodeck the bears are real
              Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
                Aren't the stations all over the world?
                No. This season we saw that the tail-end survivors were in another bunker. This is probably another one of the stations, as it had the dharma symbol, execept with an arrow.
                ie.
                Station 3: The Swan
                Station ?: The Arrow

The Arrow symbol was also on the shark in Ep 2. So... all the stations are on the island.

Comment

Working...
                X