Gateworld Poll- Vala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gateworld Poll- Vala

Didn't we just HAVE a poll about Vala? Why another one so soon? And why is there no "I don't like ANY Vala ep" option?

Yeah, I have to second that! Why another Vala poll right now? I'm OD'ing on Vala, frankly. And I was also looking for the choice of "none."

Comment

While I did vote for Prometheus Unbound...I agree with both Shadowmaat and ShardsofGlass

The last poll was bad enough with the winning choice being 'it's about time'

FCOL...give us a break..she's been on the show for what? a whole five minutes?
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Didn't we just HAVE a poll about Vala? Why another one so soon? And why is there no "I don't like ANY Vala ep" option?
        You beat me to it. I was going to ask the very same question....and my vote would have been NONE of the episodes!
        sigpic

Comment

... The poll asks which episode on the list was your favorite, not what you think of the character. Vala is what all the eps have in common. (In the past we've asked which 2-parter was your favorite, which season finale was your favorite, etc.)

If you don't care for the poll, you don't have to vote. They aren't intended to be scientific. But I don't think this one needs a "None" option. The only other option I could see would be "I haven't see any of these."

Please send your brilliant poll ideas to [email protected]. My brain is on Newborn right now.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

You know, it's interesting to note that the Vala-haters seem to start these whining threads about the polls most often.

Why can't you just...not pay attention to it? And like you guys said in plenty of other threads, (paraphrased), if you don't like the poll, don't vote in it.

(Yes, I realize the hypocracy of replying to a thread that I do not like, but my point is still valid IMHO).

Comment

yes where is the "none of them" button?

Comment

See above.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I'm questioning the content of the site, PG15, much as I question the content of the show. I am NOT ridiculing Darren or Gateworld or condemning them for having interests contrary to my own... which seems to be what some people like to do whenever they find someone who disagrees with them.

Could I ignore the poll? Easily. In fact, I won't be voting on it. However, I DID want to know why we have a second Vala poll so soon and why there is no "none" option and Darren was kind enough to give me an answer.

Now I'm off to see if I can think of any other poll ideas.

Comment

The choice of "none” could create unnecessary friction and animosity between fan groups. In a previous poll regarding Carter, the choice of "none” was not an option. Excluding the choice of "none” is probably a wise decision.

Comment

Originally posted by frellu2
                      The choice of "none” could create unnecessary friction and animosity between fan groups. In a previous poll regarding Carter, the choice of "none” was not an option. Excluding the choice of "none” is probably a wise decision.
                      Good point - plus if one does not like Vala then just don't vote at all.

I think it is a smart thing to have another Vala poll so soon. After all Claudia Black is joining the cast as a fulltime cast member for Seaon 10. Good reason to find out which eps fans liked her in the most.

I loved Vala in the Avalons,esp 2. - but I seem to be in the minority so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                        ... The poll asks which episode on the list was your favorite, not what you think of the character. Vala is what all the eps have in common. (In the past we've asked which 2-parter was your favorite, which season finale was your favorite, etc.)

If you don't care for the poll, you don't have to vote. They aren't intended to be scientific. But I don't think this one needs a "None" option. The only other option I could see would be "I haven't see any of these."

Please send your brilliant poll ideas to [email protected]. My brain is on Newborn right now.
                        How about I've seen her in these episodes and that's what I dislike the most about them.
                        sigpic
                        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

I chose the Powers That Be, I like Vala.

Comment

I didn't vote, lest any choice imply that I *liked* Vala.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              I didn't vote, lest any choice imply that I *liked* Vala.
                              Ditto.

Comment

Working...
                              X