PDA

View Full Version : Gateworld Poll- Vala

ShadowMaat
December 27th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Didn't we just HAVE a poll about Vala? Why another one so soon? And why is there no "I don't like ANY Vala ep" option? :P

ShardsofGlass
December 27th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I have to second that! Why another Vala poll right now? I'm OD'ing on Vala, frankly. And I was also looking for the choice of "none."

sueKay
December 27th, 2005, 02:57 PM
While I did vote for Prometheus Unbound...I agree with both Shadowmaat and ShardsofGlass

The last poll was bad enough with the winning choice being 'it's about time'

FCOL...give us a break..she's been on the show for what? a whole five minutes?

dipsofjazz
December 27th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Didn't we just HAVE a poll about Vala? Why another one so soon? And why is there no "I don't like ANY Vala ep" option? :P
You beat me to it. I was going to ask the very same question....and my vote would have been NONE of the episodes!

Darren
December 27th, 2005, 03:42 PM
... The poll asks which episode on the list was your favorite, not what you think of the character. Vala is what all the eps have in common. (In the past we've asked which 2-parter was your favorite, which season finale was your favorite, etc.)

If you don't care for the poll, you don't have to vote. They aren't intended to be scientific. But I don't think this one needs a "None" option. The only other option I could see would be "I haven't see any of these."

Please send your brilliant poll ideas to [email protected] My brain is on Newborn right now.

PG15
December 27th, 2005, 06:33 PM
You know, it's interesting to note that the Vala-haters seem to start these whining threads about the polls most often.

Why can't you just...not pay attention to it? And like you guys said in plenty of other threads, (paraphrased), if you don't like the poll, don't vote in it.

(Yes, I realize the hypocracy of replying to a thread that I do not like, but my point is still valid IMHO).

binkpmmc
December 27th, 2005, 06:42 PM
yes where is the "none of them" button?

Darren
December 27th, 2005, 06:47 PM
See above.

ShadowMaat
December 27th, 2005, 06:49 PM
I'm questioning the content of the site, PG15, much as I question the content of the show. I am NOT ridiculing Darren or Gateworld or condemning them for having interests contrary to my own... which seems to be what some people like to do whenever they find someone who disagrees with them.

Could I ignore the poll? Easily. In fact, I won't be voting on it. However, I DID want to know why we have a second Vala poll so soon and why there is no "none" option and Darren was kind enough to give me an answer.

Now I'm off to see if I can think of any other poll ideas. ;)

frellu2
December 27th, 2005, 09:32 PM
The choice of "none” could create unnecessary friction and animosity between fan groups. In a previous poll regarding Carter, the choice of "none” was not an option. Excluding the choice of "none” is probably a wise decision.

ellenrose
December 28th, 2005, 07:02 AM
The choice of "none” could create unnecessary friction and animosity between fan groups. In a previous poll regarding Carter, the choice of "none” was not an option. Excluding the choice of "none” is probably a wise decision.

Good point - plus if one does not like Vala then just don't vote at all.

I think it is a smart thing to have another Vala poll so soon. After all Claudia Black is joining the cast as a fulltime cast member for Seaon 10. Good reason to find out which eps fans liked her in the most.

I loved Vala in the Avalons,esp 2. - but I seem to be in the minority so far.

Zoser
December 28th, 2005, 08:19 AM
... The poll asks which episode on the list was your favorite, not what you think of the character. Vala is what all the eps have in common. (In the past we've asked which 2-parter was your favorite, which season finale was your favorite, etc.)

If you don't care for the poll, you don't have to vote. They aren't intended to be scientific. But I don't think this one needs a "None" option. The only other option I could see would be "I haven't see any of these."

Please send your brilliant poll ideas to [email protected] My brain is on Newborn right now.
How about I've seen her in these episodes and that's what I dislike the most about them.

Johnquixote
December 28th, 2005, 08:20 AM
I chose the Powers That Be, I like Vala.

jckfan55
December 28th, 2005, 11:48 AM
I didn't vote, lest any choice imply that I *liked* Vala.

binkpmmc
December 28th, 2005, 03:00 PM
I didn't vote, lest any choice imply that I *liked* Vala.

Ditto.

Darren
December 28th, 2005, 03:06 PM
If I asked, "Which episode did you like the most: Summit, Last Stand, Abyss, Zero Hour, or Reckoning," I wouldn't assume that you love (or even tolerate) Baal just because he's in them all.

ShadowMaat
December 28th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Ah, but it wasn't a simple "which is your favorite ep" poll, it was "which is your favorite VALA ep". Frankly, I might not have noticed the connection without that mention. I'd probably have picked TPTB just because it's the only one I've seen. But making it about VALA... Frack that. I didn't watch the ep because of her.

Not sure I would have picked up on the Baal eps either, although since he's a rarer sighting I might've noticed. ;) Since I like Baal, it wouldn't have been as much of an issue to me, but I could understand people getting pissed if they DIDN'T like Baal and were confronted with a Baal-centric poll.

However, my biggest issue is neither the poll nor the choices, it's the fact that this is the SECOND Vala-themed poll in a month. I'd have preferred a poll focusing on someone else- Baal, Sam, Fraiser, even Maybourne. I might not like Maybourne very much, but, well, at least he isn't Vala. :P And at least it wouldn't seem repetitive.

Darren
December 28th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Blame that on my 3-week-old, then. I honestly didn't remember how long it'd been since a Vala-related poll. Mea culpa.

Qasim
December 28th, 2005, 05:10 PM
I didn't vote, lest any choice imply that I *liked* Vala.Nice answer :D
Blame that on my 3-week-old, then. I honestly didn't remember how long it'd been since a Vala-related poll. Mea culpa.Maybe when hes a bit older :D I have had 1 year olds sitting on my keyboard :D

Qtyled
January 1st, 2006, 08:05 AM
OK, I haven't seen season 9, but Prometheus Unbound is winning. And, thats like... the worst episode ever IMO. :eek:

ShadowMaat
January 1st, 2006, 02:12 PM
OK, I haven't seen season 9, but Prometheus Unbound is winning. And, thats like... the worst episode ever IMO. :eek:
Welcome to the NEW fandom. Now run while you still can! :P

Formerhost
January 2nd, 2006, 07:33 AM
I chose the Powers That Be, I like Vala.

The Powers That Be is brilliant, it would be great to see another Vala-centric episode from Martin Gero in season 10.

AGateFan
January 3rd, 2006, 02:38 PM
While I did vote for Prometheus Unbound...I agree with both Shadowmaat and ShardsofGlass

I agree with all of you. I was looking for the "none" option myself and had to skip the vote since there was none.

Not that it matters anyway, CBs got the most dedicated fan base I have ever seen, they would vote for her or watch her if she was just on a show watching paint dry. .... Of course I normally dont hang out on TV show sights so maybe this is typical (but I never noticed it for the regular Stargate fans with the awesome Stargate actors, so maybe not)

jckfan55
January 3rd, 2006, 02:44 PM
I agree with all of you. I was looking for the "none" option myself and had to skip the vote since there was none.

Not that it matters anyway, CBs got the most dedicated fan base I have ever seen, they would vote for her or watch her if she was just on a show watching paint dry. .... Of course I normally dont hang out on TV show sights so maybe this is typical (but I never noticed it for the regular Stargate fans with the awesome Stargate actors, so maybe not)
LOL. "Did you see that expression on her face as she watched that wall? The existential pain! Brilliant!" Of course, I'm guilty of gushing over the regulars at times too, so I guess it could be a case of the pot calling the kettle black. ;)

valaCB
January 5th, 2006, 01:25 AM
The Powers That Be is brilliant, it would be great to see another Vala-centric episode from Martin Gero in season 10.
I voted "The Ties That Bind", funny episode .:vala:

PadmeAmidala
January 7th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Ok I probably will get killed here on my first post but here goes. Vala as a character is funny witty and alot of fun, however I do have a problem with the way they are writing her. I dont know if any of you feel this way but to me it seems they are rushing this whole Vala/Daniel thing. I could be crazy but I dont get that from them not yet.

I still am leaving it up to the rest of the season to convicne me but at the moment I dont have a very warm feeling for them together. I would like to see more interaction with her and other characters. As far as her on the team well shes alot a fun. Hope they keep her. Oh well I will quite my crazy talk and go on.

valaCB
January 8th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Ok I probably will get killed here on my first post but here goes. Vala as a character is funny witty and alot of fun, however I do have a problem with the way they are writing her. I dont know if any of you feel this way but to me it seems they are rushing this whole Vala/Daniel thing. I could be crazy but I dont get that from them not yet.

I still am leaving it up to the rest of the season to convicne me but at the moment I dont have a very warm feeling for them together. I would like to see more interaction with her and other characters. As far as her on the team well shes alot a fun. Hope they keep her. Oh well I will quite my crazy talk and go on.
Your opinion is very fine! I don't think like you, i think they are great together. did you see all 6 episodes with Vala in season 9?
anyway you can talk about Vala here http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11507&page=134
and Vala/Daniel here http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=7064&page=58

Amanda Eros
January 8th, 2006, 09:56 AM
yes where is the "none of them" button?

Yes! That would have been great! I picked the last one because we got rid of her in that episode!

Amanda Eros
January 8th, 2006, 10:06 AM

I know that this doesn't have to do with the poll, but if you looked at Scifi.com when the season started they already had her up on the cast member page. They even have her in the "about the show" section, where they've basically ignored the fact that Jonas was a part of the show for an entire season and list Vala above Janet on their character list page.