This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Merlin in the future?

Alright. A couple months ago I started researching different aspects of the King Arthur legend. One, because I love medievil times stuff, and two, so that I could possibly keep up with the stuff that Daniel will inevitably be talking about. Anyway, while going through some of it, I came across something interesting about Merlin. He never actually died! From what I can remember, he was trapped in some kind of rock or something, but he wasn't officially declared "pushing up the daisies". Could TPTB possibly work this to have Merlin show up some time in the future, saying that he was trapped in a stasis device or a sarcophogus or something along those lines?
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

That would be pretty cool if they did. Sounds plausible too.

Perfecto!

Comment

does sound reasonable, but you must remember that when he helped king authur he was 9,000 years old (he came back from atlantis 8000 BC king authur is like 1000 AD so even in a stasis i think he would be like how wier was in before i sleep. but a sarcophogus would keep him alive longer but the effects on his mind would be really bad
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
        does sound reasonable, but you must remember that when he helped king authur he was 9,000 years old (he came back from atlantis 8000 BC king authur is like 1000 AD so even in a stasis i think he would be like how wier was in before i sleep. but a sarcophogus would keep him alive longer but the effects on his mind would be really bad
        Technically the sarcophagus is a goa'uld creation so doubt he would be using it, perhaps a stasis device but that wouldnt prevent him aging completely or the ancient device which was the precursor to the sarcophagus.

Also doesnt the myth also talk about Arthur returning? I mean if you take Arthurian myth then would there be a lady of the lake? would there be a warship/weapon called Excaliber? Would there be a spectral green knight running around? many possibilities.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

but still i dont understand how he could have survived for the 9 thousand years earlier.

Comment

Maybe he was the 1st Ascended being to meddle with Earthly affairs.

Comment

from season 6, in th episode Frozen we see that Ancient woman (Ayiana) alive. it is possible that we see Merlin alive but living on another planet since we dont really know how long ancients really live for.

Comment

Wasnt it said in Avalon that he wasnt an ascended but just an Atlantean who was highly evolved and knew of ascension? To be an ascended but break the rules isnt really allowed, only on a minor scale. I can picture Merlin actually being an ascended but choosing to become mortal again to teach people about ascension.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by andrelage
                  from season 6, in th episode Frozen we see that Ancient woman (Ayiana) alive. it is possible that we see Merlin alive but living on another planet since we dont really know how long ancients really live for.
                  im putting it into perspective that the aurora crew aged as fast as wier did so im pretty sure that the "new stasis pods" dont last long. but the antartica one throughs me way off course

Comment

Actually, the Aurora crew didn't age as fast as Weir did. We only did get to see one Ancient and she was mumified because the Wraith fed from her.

Ayana in "Frozen" was so preserved because she was frozen alive. Because of her superior cellular structure, her cells were not destroyed by ice crystals, hence, making it cryo-genesis or whatever it's called.

Also, ponder this:
                    * Merlin helps Arthur.
                    * The other Ascended beings get mad
                    * Merlin gets punished by being trapped in a mountain. Being an Ascended being and unable to die, well, you get the point.
                    * There's probably an "If". You are free to go "If". Maybe if some people arrive there and figure out how to release him.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                      Technically the sarcophagus is a goa'uld creation so doubt he would be using it, perhaps a stasis device but that wouldnt prevent him aging completely or the ancient device which was the precursor to the sarcophagus.

Also doesnt the myth also talk about Arthur returning? I mean if you take Arthurian myth then would there be a lady of the lake? would there be a warship/weapon called Excaliber? Would there be a spectral green knight running around? many possibilities.

it was made from an alterran healing device. so there will be something like that with him if he's brought like that

Comment

I can see tptb maybe bringing Merlin into things. I definitely wouldn't put it past them. I guess only time will tell. I know this though, I can't wait for SG-1 to delve into the Arthurian mythologies.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I can see tptb maybe bringing Merlin into things. I definitely wouldn't put it past them. I guess only time will tell. I know this though, I can't wait for SG-1 to delve into the Arthurian mythologies.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

it still is kinda off set in my mind, that the ancient reanimation device modified (was it weakened so the user wont go competely nuts?) by the gould sustained hathor for like 5 thousand years at the same age. and the ancients on the aurora aged like 70 years, in 10 thousand, wouldnt the ancients have made atlantis' stasis pod like the gould sarcophogus because they are immune to the "crazy side effect"? i am aware that in the city they didnt ever think they needed to put some one in stasis for that long but they would have advanced it. unless Merlin reserched that stuff and made his own advanced stasis chamber i see no way he is still alive. hes 9000+ years old people, what we seen of ancient stasis doesnt last that long, hell the asgard has a better one, we saw their ancestor.

Comment

well keep in mind that device found by daniel in SO America was made for Alterran physiology (sp?) not human (yes there's a difference). with them it wouldn't have drove them crazy like it does humans

Comment

Working...
                              X