X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S3: plot development theory

Originally Posted by Wraith_Hunter
    Joe, been involved in a debate about Asgard speed & was hoping you could settle it pleaaassseee!

Can you either tell us how fast an Asgard ship can make it to Pegasus from the MW or at least how far away is IDA from the MW, since it's never been revealed. Yet we know thanks to McKay that Pegasus is around 300 odd million light years away.
    Originally posted by JMallozzi
    The answer to that upcoming in season 3.
    By the looks of this info the asgard are coming to pegesus. and event like thisis really going to screw up the power balence in the Pg. IMO the wraith are just underling to a higher power, which would make the asgard's need to be in pegasus larger than it is now ( were safe reletively ).
    the wraith/tauri war is like the gaould/tauri war...they set up the PPT to stop our destruction, but in return we help them fight te big guns...doe anyone else get the feeling its going to be an Sg1 repeat?

immhotep
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

The Asgard are also going to help us in SG-1 with the Ori and now also Atlantis? A bit unlikely. I think you are speculating too far.. Maybe they will only tell how far Ida is...

Comment

i was speculating along the lines of an asgard ship bieng dispatched to aid atlantis just in time...
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
        i was speculating along the lines of an asgard ship bieng dispatched to aid atlantis just in time...
        DANIEL! DANIEL! DANIEL!

Jackson VS Ori.

Place your bets...
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

i created a sig on it! my bet are placed!
          sigpic
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
            i created a sig on it! my bet are placed!
            Whoa...You should be an advertiser for the series, Mr Mummy, coz that sig rocks!
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

well i didnt create it, mazz did but its definitly about dan vs orii.
              sigpic
              11000! green me

Comment

I don't think they will make it like SG1 but I think there "may" be a Asgard ship that shows up. Maybe they find something that needs the tech? or perhaps the Asgard know how to make ZPMs by then

Comment

What would be interesting is a three way war, the introduction of another advanced alien race (Hot zone virus creators?) would make it more different from SG-1. In SG-1 they had the replicators but they were so powerful that they werent a regular appearance. So i think in atlantis if they introduce a new race then these guys are very nasty and powerful but not so powerful that they can wipe everyone out for breakfast. And that a single Asgard vessel is necessary to help protect Atlantis from this multiple war front. Because remember even with Atlantis, the Daedulus and perhaps a single Asgard ship thats hardly enough to defend against swarm after swarm of Wraith. That would possibly make it somewhat different and interesting.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

i totally agree with the three way war but you also have to remember that their will be a minimum of 3 asgards in the PG, atlantis with atlant 1, maybe 2 ZPM's, drones, PJ's , f-302'sand 2 deadalus class's (orion and deadalus + another possible)...then the addition of the oniel or dnaiel jackson class vessel; IMO it will be a modified DJ with loki onboard, if they send on, he cant study the ancients genetic makeup, and work with becket while the other asgard (hermiod and im geussing asgir can use the DJ the deadalus and the orion to help defeat the wraith and improve the defence of the PG.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

Well not disgreeing that its a tough defence system, just saying that even the best of defences can be taken down. And still despite the advanced technology of atlantis and the asgard they are few in number. The idea of a new race causing problems would keep the pressure of the atlantis team and provide a darker atmosphere (which Atlantis seems to employ more then SG-1). I mean one bad guy wants to exterminate you and the other wants to eat you....problem on both sides, would be nice and nice change rather then repititiveness of 'bad guys cant touch us we do what we want then kill them'.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

ive said this before, the ancients, asgard and the tauri are a perfect allience. the wisdom of the ancients, the brains of the asgard and the attitude of the tauri. technology without being able to use it is nothing, we know were over our head but that doesnt scare us because weve alway been over our head. we have fought more battles on earth than the goauld have had hataks and the military experience to utilise any advantage well. thats the key to the tauri's success as a race, using the strengths of one race with anothers, thats how we defeated the goauld, anubis, replicator and that how we will defeat the wraith.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                          What would be interesting is a three way war, the introduction of another advanced alien race (Hot zone virus creators?) would make it more different from SG-1. In SG-1 they had the replicators but they were so powerful that they werent a regular appearance. So i think in atlantis if they introduce a new race then these guys are very nasty and powerful but not so powerful that they can wipe everyone out for breakfast. And that a single Asgard vessel is necessary to help protect Atlantis from this multiple war front. Because remember even with Atlantis, the Daedulus and perhaps a single Asgard ship thats hardly enough to defend against swarm after swarm of Wraith. That would possibly make it somewhat different and interesting.
                          [/spoil]We got a shipload of drones remember ?[/spoil]

I bet $5 for danny-boy!

Comment

Surely Atlantis was fully stocked by the Atlanteans as well so doubt through drones alone a battle can be won. While i agree that humans are more military minded then the Atlanteans i just doubt they can truely rely on Atlantean defences when they didnt fully protect the Atlanteans themselves.

Comment

What if the Wraith make it into Ida and the Daedalus with the atlantis team is sent to Ida to help the asgard.

Comment

Working...
                              X