This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Point of Origin

Does anyone have a pic of the Atlantis PoO?
    Rocky

I was going to write it down lastnight when I was watching it, but now I forgot. Maybe someone who taped the show can draw it for us?

Re: it is the 7th symbol in DJ's blackboard symbols.

Talking about the blackboard....what were the other 2 list of 6 chevorns? Where do they lead to?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

No it isn't.

Those 7 symbols are the address to Atlantis from any Milky way gate. (With the 8th being Earth's PoO)

It'll be a bit hard to grab, But I'm watching all the Atlantis dialing for it....
      sigpic

Comment

Here it is...It's a bit hard to see. It wasn't displayed on the console (PoO button is different) And It was moving so fast on the gate....Plus it's made up of dots.

I caught it as it was spinning around the gate. This is the best I could do.
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

WELL YOUR BEST ISNT GOOD ENOUGH.

JK. Good work job finding it. It is very hard to see but all the chevons are now because there like dots forming pictures.
          When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
          I miss you.
          Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

Comment

Not "any" Milky Way gate, only Earth. The "At" symbol is Earth's PoO. If another planet in the MW Galaxy wanted to dial Atlantis they would use their own distinctive PoO. The first 7 would be the same though.

Comment

Thanks Mio. You rock! But am I the only one who thought they would have made it more distinctive and made sure that we all saw it, like they did on SG-1?
              Rocky

Comment

I don't like the Atlantis PoO... it's not recognizable like Earth's PoO. I thought the Atlantis PoO should have been the one the looks like a doted Earth PoO. The Stargate Atlantis logo has Earth's PoO as one of the A's.. it doesn't make much sense if it is not the PoO of Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                  I don't like the Atlantis PoO... it's not recognizable like Earth's PoO. I thought the Atlantis PoO should have been the one the looks like a doted Earth PoO. The Stargate Atlantis logo has Earth's PoO as one of the A's.. it doesn't make much sense if it is not the PoO of Atlantis.
                  It's just the universal symbol for the stargate francise.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff
                    Not "any" Milky Way gate, only Earth. The "At" symbol is Earth's PoO. If another planet in the MW Galaxy wanted to dial Atlantis they would use their own distinctive PoO. The first 7 would be the same though.
                    This always bugged me, if each planet has its own PoO, then there aren't enough symbols on the gate for every planet and it also means theres no definitive gate address for each planet, at least one symbol will always be different?
                    Please help clarify this.
                    *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                    McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
                      This always bugged me, if each planet has its own PoO, then there aren't enough symbols on the gate for every planet and it also means theres no definitive gate address for each planet, at least one symbol will always be different?
                      Please help clarify this.
                      Answered my own question, the red thing pressed last automatically dials the planets PoO. So only the first six symbols really count if you have a DHD.

Comment

I always thought that the Point of Origin was always on the DHD, but it was always in a replaceable spot. One planet's point of origin is not on another planet's DHD, so there's really an infinite amount of space for the PoO.

But the red thing in the center could be it too. *shrugs*
                        Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

Comment

They could just as easily just have skipped the 7th symbol and placed it in the activation button in our galaxy too, but I guess the Ancients didn't think of that. Then again, shouldn't one be able to open a wormhole from ANYWHERE if one could get a ship for a ship with a gate to transmit a signal to the one gate you want to go to where you are, and therefore eliminating the need for a pre-programmed point in space.

Comment

Its a weird goof.
                            Because there are 39 symbols on the gate and 38 on the DHD the 39th is autmatically dialed when the red button is pushed which is also the PoO. That means that each DHD has one symbol out of place and they all aren't the same? I dunno, makes no sense to me.

Comment

The red button doesn't transmit the PoO in our galaxy. That would eliminate the need for 7 symbols. IF Dr. Jacksons theory is correct, which we all presume I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X