X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick reply button?

Hi,
    the quick reply button is broken, i dont know if its just me but when i click it the white box at the bottom isnt opened up for me to type in to...ive tried to QR on about 5 different threads...?
    any ideas?
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Maybe it's for you, I just answered this with the QR.

Comment

^So did i. It happened to me once before, and Qasim told me to do to a "hard refresh" i think it was. Control-F5.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

it works for me. i just used it
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
          Hi,
          the quick reply button is broken, i dont know if its just me but when i click it the white box at the bottom isnt opened up for me to type in to...ive tried to QR on about 5 different threads...?
          any ideas?
          I think you need to click on the little "QR" icon in the lower right hand corner of a post in order to get the Quick Reply thingy to work, Just clicking on the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the page doesn't work.

Comment

I'm not able to reproduce this either. Anybody else having an issue?

immhotep, you might try clearing your browser's cache and restarting, for starters.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
              I'm not able to reproduce this either. Anybody else having an issue?

immhotep, you might try clearing your browser's cache and restarting, for starters.
              I think immhotep is simply clicking on the "Quick Reply" button at the bottom of the page. When you do that, you get an error that says to "Please click on the one of the Quick Reply icons in the Posts above to enable Quick Reply." If you don't click on any of the Quick Reply Icons first, you can't use the Quick Reply box.

Any possibility of removing that step so we can just punch the "Quick Reply" button at the bottom of the page instead of having to click on the "Quick Reply" icon instead? I, personally, don't think that makes too much sense.

Comment

I got the Quick Reply box open and typed a message but when I tried to post it, it stuck on the "Posting Quick Reply - please wait" message. After several minutes I had to refresh and it worked after that, and I've had no other problems with it today.

I also don't get why the Quick Reply box isn't enabled by default.

EDIT: Of course, as soon as I say "I've had no other problems" the next post I make does it again.
                Last edited by Lysia; 25 December 2005, 09:16 PM.

My LiveJournal

Steve the Wraith's Adventures

www.legendofzeldaseries.com

Comment

for me the little box says Pleace select post to reply to or something.

Won't let me type there. Have to click Post Reply button to post.

24/7 Wake - KrackHouse server: 69.28.221.211:16567
                  24/7 Groundpounders - Krackhouse: 69.28.221.210:16567
                  Both heavily admined.

Comment

thanks, that worked .....i use QR for everyone of my posts so was really annyoing me, thanks alot
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    11000! green me

Comment

It works fine to me but sometimes I even get white instead of GateWOrld blue !
                      Lord Zedd

Comment

gateworld blue??? i always get white?
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Lysia
                          I got the Quick Reply box open and typed a message but when I tried to post it, it stuck on the "Posting Quick Reply - please wait" message. After several minutes I had to refresh and it worked after that, and I've had no other problems with it today.

I also don't get why the Quick Reply box isn't enabled by default.

EDIT: Of course, as soon as I say "I've had no other problems" the next post I make does it again.
                          That happens to me too, all i do is hit the post quick reply button a few times until it brings me to a page saying that i cannot post it cause its a duplicate post, then it brings me back to the page where i treid to post and my post is there (all nice and shiny )
                          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                            gateworld blue??? i always get white?
                            I think hes on about the blue outside of the posts, it happens to me too sometimes, whn you click post reply the blue turns to white
                            The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I'm having this problem too. When I go to click on any of the quick reply buttons, nothing happens. To reply to any post, I have to go the slightly longer way. The QR button has never worked for me.
                              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
                              X